David Schauber, Jr.

View David Schauber, Jr.'s Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Altria Still A 'Buy' For Income-Seeking Investors? [View article]
    Yeah, that should be 4.1%.

Mar 24, 2015. 06:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Red, White, And Boom - Evaluating Raytheon's Recent Dividend Increase [View article]
    "In the face of falling earnings, there is no justification for increasing a dividend unless management sees no future growth (or worse) and is beginning an orderly liquidation of the company."

Not necessarily. It could be that the company is simply targeting a higher payout ratio, or is more optimistic about prospects after this year. Even if earnings turn out to be lower this year, there should still be more than enough to support the new dividend.

Mar 23, 2015. 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you, sir.

Mar 23, 2015. 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Could happen considering the earnings. I also think that the stock is overvalued right now, when considering where it has historically traded with respect to earnings.

Mar 23, 2015. 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Message To McDonald's Management: Don't Sell The Real Estate Assets [View article]
    Just stopped by a McDonald's earlier today, for the first time in a long while. My god, that drive-thru menu is complex. It took me 3-4 minutes to find what I was looking for. They need to find a way to simplify that down a bit if they want to reduce wait times. Let the franchisees decide what stays and what goes, since they know best about what works in their particular restaurant.

Also, please make the Egg McMuffin available 24 hours. That thing is good.

I know these comments have been mentioned on here many times before, and that my take is purely anecdotal. But, that's my $0.02.

Oh, and please don't spin off the real estate. I agree with the author's sentiments when it comes to that.

Dave -Long MCD
    Mar 19, 2015. 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like that "March Madness" idea. Never thought of that one. Good way to get the customers more involved.
    Mar 18, 2015. 06:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging Deeper Into Recent Dividend Increase From General Mills [View article]
    "your very diplomatic phrasing seems to suggest they have recently gotten a little ahead of things on the dividend, and if that's what you meant then I agree."

I was a little surprised by the increase, as I was expecting a smaller increase (around 5% or so). But with that said, I think that the new dividend is sustainable. However, with the payout ratio creeping higher, dividend growth will need to follow earnings growth a little more closely, or even trail it a little, going forward.

Hope that clears things up.

Mar 12, 2015. 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating The Recent Dividend Increase From Home Depot [View article]
    Yep, that too.
    Mar 3, 2015. 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating The Recent Dividend Increase From Home Depot [View article]
    I saw you at the show Saturday in Edgewater. Was gonna stop and say hello, but you were surrounded by an army of people.

Mar 2, 2015. 02:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating Coca-Cola's Recent Dividend Increase [View article]
    Thank you, Alex. Glad I could help.

Feb 23, 2015. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating Coca-Cola's Recent Dividend Increase [View article]
    Yeah, it was 15.3% to be exact.

Feb 20, 2015. 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating Coca-Cola's Recent Dividend Increase [View article]
    Hi richjoy403,

Thanks for your comment.

The Pepsi dividend announcement was made during the most recent earnings release.

It's buried toward the end of the press release, right before you get to the financial statements. They announced a 7.3% dividend increase, which will go into effect with their payment in June.

Feb 20, 2015. 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Increases Dividend 2%; I Wouldn't Have Increased It At All [View article]
    Hello Eli,

Thank you for a very thought-provoking article. That is a new perspective that I had not heard before. I've just added you to one of few authors that I follow.

Thanks!

Feb 20, 2015. 01:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Do Investors In PepsiCo Have To Look Forward To After 2014 Results? [View article]
    I have no plans to sell either. Congrats on your success, there.

Feb 18, 2015. 07:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment