David Schauber, Jr.

View David Schauber, Jr.'s Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Altria Still A 'Buy' For Income-Seeking Investors? [View article]
    Yeah, that should be 4.1%.

Mar 24, 2015. 06:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria: What Can Be Expected After Reviewing Q4 And Full-Year 2014 Results? [View article]
    Thank you for reading. Glad you enjoyed it.

Feb 4, 2015. 10:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like PM too, and I think that the currency issues that are keeping the stock down represent a long-term buying opportunity. If I had to choose between one or the other right now, I might go with PM due to relatively depressed valuation.

Thanks for reading.

Feb 4, 2015. 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria: Another Decent Quarter But The Stock Is A Bit Expensive [View article]
    You bet. Thanks for taking the time to read, as well as your insightful comments.

Nov 3, 2014. 09:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Congrats on your position there, Rick.

Nov 3, 2014. 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's a reasonable approach. A lot of it depends on your time horizon. If you've got 20-30 years, then the dividends will more than make up for any excess that you might have paid, provided that the business continues to chug along. But those with a short-term time horizon, that are expecting a lot of upside over the next year or two, might not get it.

Nov 3, 2014. 03:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    $58. Actually, I hope you're right on that :).

Nov 3, 2014. 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, for right now, I don't plan to replace my shares. For me, the stock is in that area where I don't want to buy more here, but it's not so expensive that I want to sell it either. For right now, I'll just keep monitoring it. If the stock pulls back, I'll just buy more. It's a fantastic company.

Thanks for reading.

Nov 3, 2014. 02:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Want To Buy Altria At 6% Yield ? Be Ready [View article]
    Hello TV,

Thanks for your article. Great for keeping things in perspective. When talking about future dividend increases, I believe they target a payout of about 80% of adjusted EPS.

The company is currently expecting adjusted EPS of $2.52 to $2.59. If you go by this, then the new dividend later this year should be between $2.02 and $2.07 per share, which equates to a forward yield of 5.7% - 5.8% based on the current stock price.

Ain't nuttin' wrong with that!

Jan 30, 2014. 01:18 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Drag On Altria's Balance Sheet [View article]
    You bet. I like the comparison with See's Candy!!
    Dec 30, 2013. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Drag On Altria's Balance Sheet [View article]
    Nice!!!!!!!!!
    Dec 30, 2013. 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Drag On Altria's Balance Sheet [View article]
    Hello there,

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking at the 2012 10-K right now, which shows a treasury stock of 25731 (not 25371 as you mentioned above) and shareholder equity of 3168. When you add those, you get an adjusted equity figure of $28.9B.

For the net income, you are using the GAAP figure of $4.18B. I'm using the adjusted earnings of $4.48B, which strip out one-time items and other things that exist outside of the company's operations. I arrive that figure by dividing the adjusted EPS by the GAAP EPS and then multiplying that figure by the company's GAAP net income.

Then, when you do the calculation, you arrive at an adjusted ROE of 15.5%.

Remember that treasury stock on the balance sheet is a negative to shareholder equity. For this reason, I add it back to the equity figure in order to cancel it out.

Hope that helps.

Dec 29, 2013. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Drag On Altria's Balance Sheet [View article]
    You could be right, especially if the e-cigs get a really bad reception. Good point.

As far as MJ goes, I remember talking to a couple of retired DEA agents. They told me that the federal government will never legalize it, because it would put so many people out of work.

Dec 18, 2013. 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Drag On Altria's Balance Sheet [View article]
    Thanks for your kind words. If there's anything in the article that you are having trouble understanding, please let me know.

Thanks

Dec 18, 2013. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Take A Drag On Altria's Balance Sheet [View article]
    And a happy holidays to you and yours too!

Yes, I own that book as well, and it is a wonderful read and a great source for future reference. It's always best to learn from the best!

Dec 18, 2013. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
More on MO by David Schauber, Jr.