David Silver

View David Silver's Comments BY TICKER:
AA, BUD, F, FB, GM, KO, PM, SPY
  • Ford's Aluminum Plan Takes Shape [View article]
    Alcoa (NYSE:AA) is one of the main suppliers of the aluminum alloy, yes.
    Aug 26 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coke Takes A Gamble Riding A Monster [View article]
    I agree with Redarrow about KO's management team. They had the chance back in 2012 (I actually wrote an article about KO denying it at the time too http://seekingalpha.co...). The cash flow is a great point to make, but then again, KO has never had a problem with cash flow, its the volumes and pricing power that are the issue right now. This move doesn't solve either of those problems.
    Aug 18 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GM - Making All The Same Mistakes? [View article]
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake!
    Sep 20 01:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GM - Making All The Same Mistakes? [View article]
    I agree with your R&D argument, I was making the point that sales have been slow and so far it is not paying off for the Company. Hence the shutdown in October because of higher inventories.

With respect to the cash situation. Looking at the Company's 10-Q, the line item "cash and cash equivalents" is clearly outlined on the top line of the balance sheet. And the number after all that blue space.... $22,184. When you take that the numbers are millions. So $22.2 billion. Sorry I dropped the $0.2 billion off my number
    Sep 20 08:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Positions Heir Apparent? [View article]
    I dont think that every major automaker has turned their business around. Look at GM... GM is in loads of trouble despite going through bankruptcy. Ford has more pricing power than just about any automaker.

Yes, auto sales are on the mends, but profitability is what matters. Ford actually has a problem about not enough vehicles out there, definitely not a problem with GM as they are shutting down production for the Volt in October. Ford just added 1,200 workers to a plant in the US building Fusions (most of the production had previously been done in Mexico). I still have faith, but realize that the troubles in Europe are acting like an anchor on just about every company.

I think that Mulally's biggest accomplishment is what he did to the management team. There was such a bureaucracy and alliances that little could get done (a little like Washington right now) but he thinned out the ranks and got everyone working towards one goal.
    Sep 13 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preparing For Coca-Cola's Split [View article]
    No one on this site claims to be an expert. I wrote an article, followed what the research I did was telling me. But now you have commented five times on the same article demanding an apology? Did I cost you any money? No, you said you bought the stock and got your shares, so congratulations.

The information I went off of was the same information that Borderite posted in one of his comments. Also, how would you like me to correct it? The event has passed, there is nothing that can be done about it now.
    Aug 15 09:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Preparing For Coca-Cola's Split [View article]
    No the date of record is July 27. If you were a shareholder as of that date, you get the extra share... If you bought it after that, you do not receive an extra share
    Aug 9 11:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GM Beats On Earnings, But It's Not The Time To Take The Plunge [View article]
    GM has a long ways to go before that happens. The Volt needs to become more readily available and the price needs to come down.
    Aug 3 08:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GM Beats On Earnings, But It's Not The Time To Take The Plunge [View article]
    GM made a comment during its conference call that it was the leader in subprime auto loans... is that really where GM wants to stake their future? I should hope not
    Aug 2 09:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Week For Tech [View article]
    I agree Susan, FB will not have a meaningful impact at all on the market beyond being a big name that many people want to see fail.
    Jul 24 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell In May And Go Away? [View article]
    Thanks!
    Jul 24 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Auto Sales Heat Up Along With The Weather [View article]
    That is a great point! Ford has extremely strong pricing power in the industry and GM keeps talking about being OK with giving up market share to have stronger pricing power, but their incentives are so volatile.
    Jul 5 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Anheuser-Busch InBev Goes South Of The Border [View article]
    They could have waited a year, but then they would have had a problem with antitrust laws
    Jun 29 08:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No Friend Status For Facebook IPO [View article]
    I agree with you completely! this could be a huge business and a huge money making machine, but the valuation is just too rich right now...
    May 22 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: Buy The Split Or The Dividend Growth? [View article]
    You make some solid points, but for whatever reason, stocks seem to run into a split. It changes nothing on the fundamentals of a company, the only thing i could think of is that it makes the stock "more affordable" for retail investors. Imagine if AAPL split, how many people would jump at the chance to own it?

I long KO