View as an RSS Feed
View David Sims' Articles BY TICKER:
Blackstone Plan Proves Value Was Taken By Treasury
- Treasury received Blackstone's recapitalization plan.
- Recap plan proves that the equity shares had some value.
- The 3rd Amendment of the PSPA was designed to destroy value.
- Mario Ugoletti's sworn testimony is contradictory to this document.
Expect Gilead Sciences To Outperform
- Fair target price is more than $125 per share.
- Sovaldi has a potential market of 200 million people, worldwide.
- Political Risks are biggest threat.
Fannie Mae Has Adequate Capital To Be Released From Conservatorship
- Evidence seems to suggest that the GSEs can exit Conservatorship as-is.
- Existing legislation provides capital requirements.
- Fannie Mae may have enough capital for release from government control.
- Fannie and Freddie are the best solution for low-cost American home ownership.
- Nobody will question the legitimacy of the warrants until the third amendment is reversed.
Fannie Mae Reports $5.3 Billion Profit In 1st Quarter Of 2014
- Total Comprehensive Income of $5.7 Billion for the 1st Quarter.
- Diluted Pro Forma EPS of $0.93.
- Bill Ackman values these shares up to $47.
Time To Short Treasuries? Housing?
- Near-term Economic Weakness May Continue to Push Down Treasury Yields.
- GDP Growth Later in 2014 could Approach 3%.
- The Long-term outlook for Rates is higher.
- Housing Could be Stronger than Expected.
The Irony Of A Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Stress Test
- In an absolute worst case scenario Fannie and Freddie need $190 billion.
- Treasury has swept more than $200 billion for deficit reduction.
- Fannie and Freddie employees cannot participate in reform.
Congressional GSE Reform Is Dead In 2014
- Johnson-Crapo is dead on arrival.
- Yale Law School scholar sides with shareholders.
- Injunctive relief more likely as Treasury causes irreparable harm.
Housing Prices Rise, New Home Sales Fall, Earnings Loom
- FHFA Housing Prices rise 6.9% y-o-y.
- MGIC and Radian benefit from housing price increases.
- Shareholders still fighting government at Fannie and Freddie.
- New Home Sales drop to 384,000.
Senate Staffers 'Do The Hustle' With Fannie And Freddie Shareholders
- Shareholders met with Senate Banking Committee Staffers.
- Staffers point to the shareholder lawsuits for hope.
- Reid lukewarm on GSE Reform this year.
Fannie And Freddie Investors Unite In Washington DC
- Shareholders came to DC to represent themselves.
- Government has overreached their constitutional power.
- Regulators have breached their fiduciary duties to shareholders.
Government Profits From Continued Control Of Fannie And Freddie
- Cash payments exceed cash borrowings by many billions of dollars.
- FHFA has the power to stop payment of dividends.
- Ralph Nader and Koch Brothers have something in common.
The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly Of Mortgage Reform
- Johnson-Crapo Bill is a de facto Nationalization.
- Maxine Waters Bill funds Special Interests.
- Shareholders Want Their Property Returned.
Shareholders Of Government-Sponsored Enterprises Get Maxine Waters's Respect
- GSE Shareholders Getting Some Respect.
- New Bill Raises New Questions.
- The Common Stock may be Worth Something.
Fannie And Freddie Poised To Break Out
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are poised to break out.
- The GSEs helped millions of households avoid foreclosure.
- Retaining Earnings is the best protection for taxpayers.
Why Does Ackman Think Fannie Mae Is A Ten Bagger?
- Fannie and Freddie common stock could be worth $30 to $45 per share.
- The government's warrants could be worth more than the original bailout.
- Many people believe the government will lose their legal battle.
- Fed Officials And GSE Shareholders Surprised By 2008 Crisis
- GSE Shareholders Demand Respect
- Foot Locker And Colgate-Palmolive Go Ex-Dividend This Week
- Impac Mortgage, A Hidden Value?
- Interesting Developments In Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac
- Utilize Dividend Collars With Mortgage REITs
- Fiscal Cliff Uncertainty Presents Real Opportunities
- Housing Improves According To Q3 Earnings Call Transcripts
- Boosting Portfolio Yield With Covered Call Trades
- 3 Lucrative Ex-Dividend Options Trades For This Week
- 3 Ex-Dividend Options Trades For Early Next Week
- How To Position Your Portfolio For A Gold Rally
- Profit From McMoran And AK Steel Covered Calls
- 4 Ex-Dividend Trades For This Week
- Ex-Dividend Covered Call Trades To Build A Portfolio Upon
- Pharma And Surgical Covered Call Trades With Attractive Returns
- Profiting From Covered Calls In Fusion-io And Riverbed Technology