David Sims

View David Sims' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Fannie And Freddie: Recent Developments Point To Privatization [View article]
    If some of the risk of the MBS is offloaded, then the amount of required capital for the GSEs is reduced.

Is the STACR a backup plan? That's what I want to know. Seems like there is a lot of experimentation going on.
    Apr 23, 2015. 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Treasury: Frannie bailout was investment, not loan [View news story]
    Really?

The dividends must be a return of capital then, similar to a partnership. This means they are not accounting for the funds properly.

The longer this charade continues, the more Treasury loses our trust.

They cannot claim that the 100% net worth sweep is in lieu of periodic commitment fee. A periodic commitment fee is charged on an unused line of credit (debt). If the bailout was not debt, then there is no consideration offered by the 3rd Amendment. I don't even have a law degree and can see this logic kills their court case.
    Apr 23, 2015. 10:21 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Consider Gilead [View article]
    Strike,
    It might be interesting to analyze each of those drugs and estimate the total available market.
    Apr 23, 2015. 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Consider Gilead [View article]
    Gilead was able to lock in some exclusive contracts in Europe, from what I remember.
    Apr 23, 2015. 08:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie And Freddie: Recent Developments Point To Privatization [View article]
    That is your opinion. Notable academics have said 4% to 5% capital is sufficient.
    Apr 22, 2015. 10:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie And Freddie: Recent Developments Point To Privatization [View article]
    On the subject of court, someone just sent me this.
    Apr 22, 2015. 10:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Genworth: It's A Bit Ugly, But It's Dirt Cheap [View article]
    This question is for anyone. I'm listening to the 4th Q conference call and they mentioned that the LTC losses came from 20 year old policies.

Is it safe to assume that the LTC costs are now fully reserved?
    Apr 22, 2015. 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Consider Gilead [View article]
    That's why they need a few acquisitions too. But not just any company.
    Apr 22, 2015. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Consider Gilead [View article]
    Spoiler Alert: I stole this chart from Twitter.

I like those suggestions though.
    Apr 22, 2015. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Consider Gilead [View article]
    Hmmm...

I didn't realize the Express Scripts numbers weren't reported. I'm sure someone else has drawn those numbers out. I think the main thing is that total volume is ahead of forecasts and the drug launch has been extremely successful, even with competition. There are 200 million people with HCV worldwide. This company can help a lot of people.

I'm not holding myself out as an expert on this stock or biotech. I'm just calling it as I see it and I think at this point it is becoming a no-brainer to buy the stock.
    Apr 21, 2015. 03:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Consider Gilead [View article]
    If Gilead just utilizes cash for buybacks, my near term target is $120 to $140.

If they start making acquisitions, target is $150 to $180, minimum.

These are relative valuations. The company is trailing their peers because of the perception that they aren't growing their pipeline (whether it is true or not).
    Apr 21, 2015. 03:41 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Consider Gilead [View article]
    Lucky timing I guess....

Looking forward to earnings.
    Apr 21, 2015. 02:29 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Mortgage Companies That Could Move Higher With Interest Rates [View article]
    The page views on this article are exceptionally low. I think that is a good sign for the two picks. Low investor interest.
    Apr 19, 2015. 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie And Freddie: Regulated Utilities, Cost Of Capital And Rate Of Return [View article]
    Cosmetic change is the simple solution. However, they haven't done it yet and that makes you wonder why.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Glen, I don't have a legal background. I think I should avoid saying that the warrants are null and void until it is proven out. Seems like I am being the more conservative voice on the subject. The stock still has value, even if you are wrong.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment