I have been a dividend investor since my retirement in late 2003. I diversify by sector, domestic vs. international, and by cap size. I do not invest in stocks that don't pay dividends. I am risk averse and limit my investment in a single equity to 1% of my total assets or less. As a result of this 'rule', I have more than 100 equities in my portfolio.
Founder and Chief Investment Officer: BlueStar Global Investors LLC, developer of the BlueStar Israel Global Index
Founder and Editor: IsraelStrategist.com
- Fulbright Scholar in Economics at National University of Singapore (1985-86)
- Floor Trader (Local) of Japanese Stock Index Futures on Singapore Exchange (1986-89)
- Developed the first Investable Emerging Market Index (IFC Investable Index) in 1993
- Structured pioneering Emerging Market Index Funds and ETFs (IFC/State Street, Barclays Global Investors and WEBS/iShares 1993 - 2003)
- Editor/Author - Active Index Investing (Wiley Finance 2004 - www.ActiveIndexInvesting.com )
- Chief Investment Officer, Global Quantitative Management - Northern Trust Global Investments (2004 - 2009)
I write about emerging and frontier markets in Asia. I now primarily contribute work to Forbes Asia. My most recent work and my complete bio can be found on Forbes Asia's site:
If it is easier, you can find my recent work sorted by country on this Seeking Alpha blog:
You can follow me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/FrontierWriter
You can find me on Linked In here (I accept 98% of connection requests): http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jon-springer/42/b15/844
I would like to thank Seeking Alpha's editorial staff for giving me a start in this profession. In particular I would like to thank George Moriarty and Eli Hoffman.
I will contribute still to Seeking Alpha from time to time as the opportunity presents itself.
The picture is a young man pole-vaulting a bull in Pamplona, Spain, as part of the festivities around the annual running of the bulls. "Play with the bull, avoid the horns."