David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Santa Klaus Is Coming To Town For Alcoa [View article]
    User 19423641,

Excellent point. Klaus previously mentioned that the rising dollar and lower foreign currencies are positive for Alcoa. Alcoa's input costs are made in local currencies, while its products are sold in dollars.
    Mar 27, 2015. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    okpj,

I realized that you were directing the comment to a commenter and not me.
    Mar 24, 2015. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    thinkdifferent,

Thank you for your critic of the article.

Maybe I'm not an engineer or a technical analysis guru, but I do know that when companies grow FCF at high rates that their stocks are likely to rise. That's what I understand and that's what I write about.

It doesn't necessarily have to be another company that develops a better chip, Skyworks could improve on their own technology - that's what good companies do - continuous improvement.
    Mar 22, 2015. 08:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    bec1nj,

The stock is temporarily overbought according to the stochastic and RSI indicators and momentum companies do pull-back occasionally during their longer-term rise. So, I'll stand by that part of my analysis.

You're right that I could have picked closer competitors, but the ones in the article are in the semiconductor industry.
    Mar 22, 2015. 08:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    synchrogeddon,

If you want more diversification, you can invest in SOXL. But as BGopen said, SWKS outperforms. So, you may take on more risk by investing in SWKS as you wouldn't be diversified among many companies. But SWKS is diversified among its many customers and has strong growth, so you are likely to get a higher return with the individual stock.
    Mar 22, 2015. 12:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    kgfd1980,

Yes, I would expect SWKS to pull back a bit after the recent strong run-up. The stock does look overbought right now.
    Mar 22, 2015. 11:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    Yes, AVGO and NXPI are close competitors. With that in mind, I like the fact that Skyworks carries zero debt, while AVGO and NXPI carry more debt than cash.
    Mar 22, 2015. 10:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    The company also carries zero debt and achieves a high ROE of 22.3%. This should also help to attract new investors. Although I don't own the stock yet, it is on my watch list, and I plan on buying it in the not too distant future.
    Mar 22, 2015. 08:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa: Cash Flow Makes It A Winner [View article]
    Update: I bought V after the split. To go back to my DCF analysis - the stock is worth about $76 adjusted for the split vs. the current price of $67.
    Mar 20, 2015. 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santa Klaus Is Coming To Town For Alcoa [View article]
    hrl5959,

No, I am not affiliated with any PR firm or with Alcoa in any way. I am just doing the analysis that I normally do, except I added a parody to this one.
    Mar 19, 2015. 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santa Klaus Is Coming To Town For Alcoa [View article]
    Good job making money in the short-term. However, I am looking at Alcoa for the longer-term, where a turnaround looks likely.
    Mar 18, 2015. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santa Klaus Is Coming To Town For Alcoa [View article]
    SDMSF,

Excellent points. I figure Alcoa's earnings for 2015 and 2016 are likely to be robust. When that happens, the stock is likely to respond favorably. If the stock doesn't move higher on increased earnings, then the stock will be even more undervalued than it is now. I also think there is a low probability of Alcoa significantly missing its estimates after this transformation.
    Mar 18, 2015. 07:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santa Klaus Is Coming To Town For Alcoa [View article]
    Alcoa's growth will come largely from transportation (aircraft and vehicles). Windows are insignificant for Alcoa at this point.
    Mar 18, 2015. 07:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santa Klaus Is Coming To Town For Alcoa [View article]
    Blackdog,

The lights would reflect nicely off of the shiny aluminum branches.
    Mar 17, 2015. 07:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santa Klaus Is Coming To Town For Alcoa [View article]
    Tas,

Thank you for adding that to the discussion. The preferred shares are something that investors can consider.
    Mar 17, 2015. 07:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment