David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • If I Could Buy Just One Stock, It Would Be This One [View article]
    Keep in mind you're also investing in companies like Geico, Burlington Northern Santa Fe, etc. with BRK. I touched on the overall breakdown of what BRK really owns in this article: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 28 09:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Expect From McDonald's Going Forward [View article]
    I think MCD is rich in value right now. However, it should be a great long-term investment, especially when considering the dividends - MCD raises them every year.

It might be difficult to buy the stock at the perfect time. The market is due for a pullback, so maybe the stock will sell-off if we get a correction. It won't matter much in the grand long-term scheme of things, though.

Stay diversified & keep your eye on the long-term.
    Apr 28 09:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Beer Investors Have No Reason To Whine [View article]
    Omillionaires,

Feel free to start writing articles for SA to convey your arguments - that way you will get paid each time you make your case.
    Apr 23 07:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Beer Investors Have No Reason To Whine [View article]
    Omillionaires,

Sure the stock may continue higher, but that doesn't mean that you should be overly bullish on SAM either. The stock is overvalued as compared to its competitors and overvalued as compared to the market. These conditions don't usually end well - be prepared for a possible steep sell-off eventually. The current valuation is a condition of risk - stay diversified.
    Apr 23 07:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Curtains At Warren Buffett's Berkshire [View article]
    mebarrett2,

Funds are just a managed portfolio of stocks, most of which don't beat the market. Berkshire has proven to beat the market over time and has a price to book ratio of 1.38 as compared to the S&P's price to book of 2.25. I don't consider that a high premium. Berkshire is undervalued as compared to the market. Although BRK is similar to a fund, I see it as a more comprehensive collection of consistently successful businesses.
    Apr 22 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Beer Investors Have No Reason To Whine [View article]

I occasionally have ideas like that - I wish it happened more often ; )
    Apr 22 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Curtains At Warren Buffett's Berkshire [View article]
    wdchill,

You could actually view Berkshire as a diverse fund, but if you feel comfortable with your rule of thumb, that's fine too.
    Apr 20 09:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Curtains At Warren Buffett's Berkshire [View article]
    Size? That's not much of an argument. Stocks tend to rise in proportion to their earnings growth over time. Berkshire beats the market over time because of this.
    Apr 20 09:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Curtains At Warren Buffett's Berkshire [View article]
    poortorich,

I do think that BRK-A or B will allow investors to beat the market going forward. Berkshire has beaten the S&P 500 in the past and there is no reason that it won't continue to do so. Berkshire is expected to grow earnings annually at 12% for the next five years. This is higher than the expected growth of the S&P of 9%. That extra earnings growth and the attractive valuation will propel Berkshire higher than the market over time IMHO.

Why would you think otherwise?
    Apr 20 02:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Curtains At Warren Buffett's Berkshire [View article]
    Thank you, Mr. Cowan,

I do my best to give accurate, unbiased information.
    Apr 20 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Curtains At Warren Buffett's Berkshire [View article]
    Mr. Matt,

Excellent point - I just can't afford to own everything that I write about.
    Apr 20 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Curtains At Warren Buffett's Berkshire [View article]
    I write about many stocks, ETFs, funds, etc. I don't desire to own all of them even if I'm bullish on them. However, I may consider purchasing BRK.B sometime in the future, just not in the next 72 hours.
    Apr 19 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Apple Buy Back Shares Or Increase Dividends? [View article]
    I like rnsmith's idea - do both - increase the dividend and increase the stock buyback. The stock might be out of fashion at the moment, but it is valued well for any new positive innovations.
    Apr 15 09:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Energy Partners: Good Combination Of Yield And Growth [View article]
    Be Here Now,

That's a good point - each individual investing situation warrants its own decision.
    Apr 15 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    KMR certainly has its place in the investment world. However, for those looking to generate income, KMP would be the pick.

Turbo Tax and other software easily handles the reporting of MLPs.
    Apr 14 08:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment