David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Facebook, Herbalife And The Plague Have In Common [View article]
    I would also argue that population growth and the high prevalence of obesity will keep Herbalife from collapsing. HLF has survived for 34 years and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't continue, even in the face of Ackman and the bears.
    Sep 21, 2014. 08:48 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Facebook, Herbalife And The Plague Have In Common [View article]
    If Facebook continues to add new advertising revenue, then there won't be a collapse. Why would FB not be able to add new advertising when they have over $1 billion users? The collapse prediction for FB is unrealistic.
    Sep 21, 2014. 07:41 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Sears Holdings - Not Much To Be Desired In Q2 Earnings [View article]
    I just hope you are diversified and don't have most of your eggs in the SHLD basket.
    Sep 19, 2014. 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Sears Holdings - Not Much To Be Desired In Q2 Earnings [View article]
    Mark777,

I was just curious if you are still bullish on SHLD?
    Sep 18, 2014. 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Current Outlook For Southwest Airlines [View article]
    Jaremi,

I didn't compare LUV's valuation to the industry because I think it does deserve a higher valuation. Southwest is a superior company in terms of its balance sheet and growth. If those factors were equal among the airlines, then valuation might be an issue. With a PEG below one, LUV is not overvalued. Granted, the stock is due for a dip, but that's expected for profit taking and portfolio balancing.
    Sep 17, 2014. 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Ongoing War On Terror And Global Conflicts Are Bullish For Raytheon [View article]
    Cologero,

I'm glad you enjoyed the article. Yes, it looks like RTN will be busy with everything going on in the world these days.
    Sep 16, 2014. 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill's West Jupiter To Enhance Future Growth [View article]
    There is some weakness in the off-shore drilling market right now, so the stock is falling out of favor. However, I don't think that should be cause for alarm for the long-term. The nature of the industry makes it a riskier than average stock.
    Sep 13, 2014. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: 34 Years In Business And Plenty More To Go [View instapost]
    Truthfirst,

Herbalife's CFO stated that suing Ackman is not out of the question. There is not much tangible evidence against the company. The bears make it sound like the company should be shut down - that is so far fetched and there really isn't anything to warrant it.
    Sep 12, 2014. 10:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Who's Consuming All Those Shakes? And Why... [View article]
    Richard and Ackman don't show anything with any teeth that would hurt Herbalife as a company. My recent article (positive about HLF) was rejected by SA, but posted on my instablog here: http://bit.ly/1qNgSZu
    Sep 12, 2014. 08:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ring Energy Is At A Turning Point For Profitability [View article]
    Yes, it's more of a bargain now then when I wrote the article. It's probably selling off because earnings were revised downward a bit. However, it still looks good for the long-term.
    Sep 8, 2014. 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Culp Beats On Top And Bottom Lines In Q1 [View article]
    seterk,

Since demand has been increasing, I don't think that there will be too much capacity. The housing market and the economy is still improving, so I don't think that there will be too much capacity any time soon. There might be excess capacity during the next recession, but that should be temporary. After the Federal Reserve raises rates for the 3rd time, we might be near a recession, but they haven't even begun raising rates yet.

I didn't see any reasons for the sell-off on Friday. The stock is volatile - it is not uncommon for the stock to make large percentage gains or losses in short periods of time. There are probably some large institutional investors trading in and out of the stock for quick profits. Just stay focused on the long-term.
    Sep 7, 2014. 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An End To Our Relationship With Yahoo, A New Era For Equity Research [View article]
    DividendInvestorLA,

Frankly, your comments are not accurate. SA encourages thoughtful discussion and opposing viewpoints, but not insults. There are things in place to prevent abuse, you just have to utilize them.
    Sep 6, 2014. 09:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Wrong To Take A Position In A Stock And Then Write About It On Seeking Alpha? [View article]
    Artful Dodger,

Your quote: "Hell, anyone can run down the sheet and pick a batch of the best looking stocks, write pretty much what their numbers are, point out who else likes them, and tag them as buys."

That's like saying anyone with 2 arms and 2 legs can catch a football and run for a touchdown. How many people are good enough to make the NFL though? I'm ranked in the top 1% on tipranks.com - that comes from hard work & careful analysis. The fact is, I'm picking the right stocks.
    Sep 6, 2014. 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Artful Dodger,

I'm am invested in some of the individual stocks that I write about but I also choose to own funds for most of my money, where many of the stocks that I write about are included. However, if a stock is included in a fund and not owned individually, I don't say that I'm long the stock. So, I don't think that I should be labeled as a non-investing tout.

I also think investors should look at our track records. It is more about being correct that just owning the stock individually. Maybe some writers don't have any money to invest yet because they are paying off debt, have high medical expenses, saving to buy a house, etc. Frankly, I think that dismissing a writers analysis just because they don't own the stock is quick-tempered and short-sighted. Ultimately, judge the analysis for what it is and don't worry whether the author owns the stock or doesn't.
    Sep 6, 2014. 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Is Not Overvalued [View article]
    Steviestocks,

I don't really think that the primary reason that people go on Facebook is because they are bored. I think that it has more to do with sharing what they love. Have you seen how many people posted first day of school pictures of their children this past week? Or shared videos of their favorite football teams?

There are plenty of humorous posts and emotional posts that are shared often as well. People never get tired of laughing or feeling touched by an inspirational story. Furthermore, many people want to stay in touch w/ friends/relatives while on the go in their busy lives. For these reasons, I think that the stock will do well.
    Sep 6, 2014. 10:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment