David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Although there might be some volatility in the market. Conditions are improving in the U.S.: U.S. GDP growth is expected to rise in 2015. Lower oil and gasoline prices will stimulate about 75% of the economy. The unemployment rate is falling, etc. Although we may see a correction of 5% to 10%, I think we'll see the Dow near 20K by the end of 2015. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 31, 2014. 08:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    Steve T,

CBI gets about 45% of revenue from the U.S. The other major countries that it operates in are: Australia, Columbia, Canada, Papua New Guinea, and The Netherlands. Jim doesn't seem to have a valid argument.
    Dec 31, 2014. 08:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    ranjitsudan,

CBI does produce positive operating cash flow - they didn't for Q1 and Q2 because of higher capital needs which was temporary. OCF was positive in Q3, and it's expected to be positive for Q4 and next year. That was covered in the article.
    Dec 31, 2014. 07:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    First, that wasn't CBI's project. Besides, CBI is diverse among many different infrastructure types.
    Dec 30, 2014. 07:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    Tom,

Pulling info from the risk section of the 10-K doesn't change my positive thesis. You can go to any company's 10-K and find statements that sound scary. Are many projects likely to be cancelled? Probably not.
    Dec 30, 2014. 07:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    skaterdude,

The NG price wasn't quoted in the article - it was in Tom Kerr's comment.
    Dec 30, 2014. 07:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Help Us Pick Outstanding Performance Award Winners For January [View article]
    I would like to nominate my PRO article on Mitel Networks http://seekingalpha.co... which produced a 198% return for investors. I pointed out that the company could turn around as it moves more towards the cloud. The company did turn things around and the stock actually exceeded my estimates.
    Dec 29, 2014. 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Neenah Paper: Dividend Paying, Undervalued Stock With High Growth Potential [View article]
    drdebt,

You are missing something: You can't digitize NP's automotive paper filters. Also, although you can technically digitize wedding invitations I don't think that the fancy paper variety will be going away any time soon.
    Dec 29, 2014. 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Is An Economic Castle Protected By An Unbreachable Moat [View article]
    Yes, to all of those who are saying that FB will eventually be overtaken: When such a competitor surfaces and evidence shows that FB, Instagram, and WhatsApp are losing users in large amounts, that's when I'll turn bearish. Until then no such competitor exists, so I remain bullish.
    Dec 25, 2014. 10:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Outlook For 2015 [View article]
    Yes, I see what you are referring to, but I used that statement to link it with everything else that I discussed. It is not the conclusion, but a starting point for the rest of the discussion. Merry Christmas.
    Dec 24, 2014. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Outlook For 2015 [View article]
    Matthew,

I clearly stated my case based on the evidence we have at hand. We have GDP growth that is increasing, an expanding multiple (PE), a low interest rate environment, and lower oil prices which should spur economic growth. The stock market should rise in this environment. I'm not concluding that GDP growth by itself is predicting the market. I'm putting all of this info together to come up with the most likely scenario. Now with the PE at an above average level in the midst of an improving economy, the returns for 2015 are not likely to be as high as they were from 2009-2013. That's why I'm concluding 10% growth for 2015. If you think that the market will perform better or worse than what I stated, please share that with us.
    Dec 24, 2014. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Outlook For 2015 [View article]
    Matthew,

I am basing my assertion on the business cycle. GDP growth along with the current market valuation should be a reliable indicator of where we are in this cycle. Also, the interest rate environment adds to that. If there were already a number of interest rate increases, and annual GDP growth was at 4%-5%, then the cycle might be near its end. The market tends to perform above average in the years following a recession. We already experienced that in 2009 - 2013. We are now experiencing average gains for the overall market due to the maturity of the business cycle. So, I think it is likely that in 2015 we will likely see an approximate 10% gain for the market. It's not just GDP growth, but where we are in the current business cycle.
    Dec 24, 2014. 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike,

The beauty of Facebook is that it has the resources to acquire another castle if its dwellers decide to move there. However, the Babyboomers are actively embracing FB along with their friends and families. There are many established relationships on FB that have been built up over time. Why would most users want to start over somewhere else? Even if younger users want to have their own separate site, FB can either build that or acquire one that is already established. So, to think that a competitor would overtake FB is not likely. I think that FB will be a strong investment over the long-term.
    Dec 23, 2014. 07:38 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Outlook For 2015 [View article]
    InvestRite#1,

DCA is a proven strategy. This is how 401k retirement plans work. Millions of investors have been able to retire by using this strategy. The caution that you need is to make adjustments based on how long you have until retirement or until you plan to use the money. The same strategy can also be used in a regular after tax account.

I've been watching the strategy work as I age and it is clearly working.
    Dec 23, 2014. 06:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Write On Seeking Alpha? [View article]
    Frank Paxman,

Thank you for that comment - it is nice to see someone adding positively and intelligently to the discussion.
    Dec 21, 2014. 07:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment