David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Invest In Kimberly-Clark To Recoup Money Spent On Diapers And Kleenex [View article]
    Good one, Rudester.
    Jun 13, 2015. 08:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Valimont,

The stability of the business and KMB's positive cash flow make the debt a non-issue. Consumers would have to drastically stop using Huggies, Kleenex, etc. for there to be a serious issue for the company. Frankly, I don't see that happening.
    Jun 13, 2015. 08:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends Are Not That Reliable [View article]
    Moon,

I agree that the growth of free cash flow is an important metric for a company. This is what's used to pay dividends and for share repurchases. However, I also think that dollar-cost averaging is a wise strategy for those who have over 10 years until retirement. For example, you wouldn't want to exit the market entirely within a 401k plan if you have 20 to go until retirement. You'll be buying shares at lower prices during the downturn & then benefit from the rise as the market recovers. Exiting the market might make sense for a separate trading account, where investors wish to be more nimble and avoid losses at a market peak.
    Jun 13, 2015. 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alibaba: Turnaround In Play, Current Stock Strength Will Continue [View article]
    brett420,

The tech sector sold off heavily on Monday.
    Jun 9, 2015. 06:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    eftvox,

I wrote the article over the weekend when the price was over $90. The article was then released on Mon for PRO Alerts subscribers only and released today for the public. All of the tech sector took a big hit on Monday on profit taking.
    Jun 9, 2015. 06:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is The WWDC The Catalyst To Break The Stock Above $133? [View article]
    Apple's stock is more likely to respond to sales/earnings figures. Eyes will be on the Watch sales. I wouldn't expect any significant price movement until the next quarterly report.
    Jun 7, 2015. 09:37 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Metaio Acquisition Could Be A Game Changer [View article]
    Neil,

Thank you for the article. It should be interesting to see what develops from this.
    Jun 7, 2015. 09:30 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sears Holdings Valuation: The Transformation [View article]
    Leftfield,

That's a great point, Leftfield. There are numerous old Sears locations that have been razed. I have my doubts that the company can transform into a viable profitable REIT. There will have to be renters for these old buildings - will there be any? Or will these old properties have to be sold?

Instead of the 70s era pictures, a better current picture are the digital signs that are on every appliance in Sears. Hello! Wouldn't simple printouts of prices be more cost effective for an unprofitable company than electronic signs on every appliance?
    Jun 6, 2015. 04:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron's Undervaluation And Growth Are Compelling [View article]
    useruser1414,

Those are all great highlights for a positive view of Micron's future. Thank you for commenting.
    May 31, 2015. 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron's Undervaluation And Growth Are Compelling [View article]
    papita,

Prices don't always go up in a straight line. Many of the uncertainties surrounding the stock are likely to be put to rest when revenue and earnings are reported over a few quarters.
    May 30, 2015. 09:37 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron's Undervaluation And Growth Are Compelling [View article]
    oldbeachlvr,

I write about many stocks - many of which I would own. I don't have an unlimited amount of money to own all of them. Not everyone works at the V.P. level. So, it is not a superficial article. You can view my track record here: http://tinyurl.com/pfp...

Sign-up for my subscription service and I'll make you money.
    May 30, 2015. 07:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron's Undervaluation And Growth Are Compelling [View article]
    magia123,

Excellent point - thank you for adding that comment regarding the strong balance sheet.
    May 30, 2015. 07:14 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron's Undervaluation And Growth Are Compelling [View article]
    tuliptown,

I'm not attempting to say that now is the perfect moment to buy the stock as compared to any past period. However, I do see MU as a strong growth stock that is priced attractively. The growth of mobile and Micron's bright prospects to handle that demand is the catalyst.
    May 30, 2015. 03:20 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron's Undervaluation And Growth Are Compelling [View article]
    haschultz,

I also like to use PEG to refine the valuation. Micron's PEG of 0.61 shows that the stock is undervalued relative to its long-term expected growth.

I see your point regarding CapEx and plant downtime. I'm focused more on the long-term. That extra CapEx will be an investment in the company's future for a product that is likely to be successful, so I wouldn't worry for the short-term.
    May 30, 2015. 03:14 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron's Undervaluation And Growth Are Compelling [View article]
    Bobcat9,

Thank you for commenting. Yes, the PC market is expected to grow at 5% this year according to the company. The company is expecting a much stronger 2nd half.

PC is 30% of the DRAM business. This was taken from the JP Morgan Conference - the link is in the first paragraph where it says that mobile is the fastest growing market. Yes, I do think that the 30% will drop as mobile increases.
    May 30, 2015. 03:08 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment