David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Neenah Paper: Dividend Paying, Undervalued Stock With High Growth Potential [View article]
    Bruce7b,

Buffett's 15% return rule was found in the book: "How to Pick Stocks Like Warren Buffett" by Timothy Vick

I highly recommend reading it - check it out at your local library.
    Jul 5, 2013. 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    waldipup,

It was trading in the $20s a year ago. The company has been growing earnings and completed two acquisitions since then, so yes the company has improved since then.
    Jul 4, 2013. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bruce7b,

This is what is behind the math. Stock prices tend to rise in line with earnings growth over the long term. It doesn't happen in lock step, but over the long-term the earnings growth rate drives the stock price growth. Dividends are paid on top of any stock gains. Dividends don't discount the stock appreciation as you are alluding to. One of Warren Buffett's rules of investing is to look at the combination of earnings growth and dividend yield to determine a total yield.
    Jul 4, 2013. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    wdjaxOn,

How fast the economy grows in terms of GDP and how fast companies grow in terms of earnings are two different things. Companies have always grown earnings at a much higher rate than GDP growth.
    Jul 2, 2013. 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Robert,

I appreciate your view. I am not calling NP a dividend aristocrat. It's a small growing company that now has a small pattern of raising its dividend. The company does have strong growth potential, but only time will tell if they continue to raise the dividend.
    Jul 2, 2013. 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CalAmp: Currently Under The Radar, But Heading For The Clouds [View article]
    I'm sure both companies can exist, each getting their piece of the satellite pie.
    Jul 1, 2013. 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CalAmp: Currently Under The Radar, But Heading For The Clouds [View article]
    pearls before swine,

Great question. Ultimately, I think we need to look at where the company is heading for the future. The Wireless Matrix acquisition is already proving to improve CAMP's margins. Also, the company's strategy to expand into new sectors should be positive if well executed. Sometimes a checkered past can create an opportunity when the proper catalysts are set in motion.
    Jun 30, 2013. 11:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Diodes Incorporated: On The Cutting Edge Of The Semiconductor Industry [View article]
    Ricl,

I wish I did write about DIOD back then. However, I wasn't blogging about stocks back then and seekingalpha didn't exist at that time either. Thank you for adding your viewpoint.
    Jun 18, 2013. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mitel Networks Corporation: An Underdog That Could Have A Cinderella Story [View article]
    Are you considering switching to Cisco? If not, why?
    Jun 12, 2013. 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Below: Overvalued And Unproven [View article]
    Nice article. I absolutely agree that the stock is overvalued. However, I also think that the company will be successful w/ its expansion plans. Sales are growing - this is a place that kids convince their parents to take them for 'cool' inexpensive merchandise. It's a stock that I have my eye on, but I'll never buy it at these overvalued levels.
    Jun 9, 2013. 05:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Doug Kass Says Buy Gold [View article]
    phenix,

I'm just disagreeing with Kass on his view that there will be an ah-ha moment, as in the QE program falling apart.
    Jun 1, 2013. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Dollar Breakout: Gold To $1,250, Silver To $19 By Year End [View article]
    Actually the contrarian view on gold right now is to get long again. Doug Kass thinks gold is bottoming: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 1, 2013. 10:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Doug Kass Says Buy Gold [View article]
    BPolus,

Thank you for your concern regarding the standard deviation. Those were the words of Doug Kass (written in italics). He was using statistics to state his case for capitulation. I'm not sure if he was exactly accurate with those figures.
    Jun 1, 2013. 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Daiwa Securities Group: Severely Undervalued With High Stock Growth Potential [View article]
    I obtained my numbers from yahoo finance, where I doubled checked the book value w/ the numbers from the company's quarterly report. I also converted Yen to dollars. The 0.13 price to book ratio looks legit.
    May 29, 2013. 06:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StealthGas: From Bargain Bin To High Stock Growth Potential [View article]
    Paul,

Thank you. I checked out your article - great read.
    May 27, 2013. 05:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment