David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    Yebrevo,

Calm your spinning head. There is no one size fits all investment. Just look at the info objectively, and pick what is right for your situation. If KMP works for you, then stick with it.
    Oct 1, 2012. 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    TGC004,

Thank you for bringing the UBTI and K-1 form issues to my attention. The 1st paragraph has been tweaked to reflect more clarified/accurate statements.
    Sep 30, 2012. 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    Yes, although unrelated to energy and MLPs, AT&T does have a higher yield than KMI. If you're seeking the highest yield, you may want to look at MREITS such as NLY, CMO - with yields over 10%, they're not too shabby.
    Sep 30, 2012. 04:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    rip2451,

"No later than April 1" - that's still pretty late isn't it? I would guess that many investors new to MLPs would have already filed their taxes by then, thus the need to file for an extension.
    Sep 30, 2012. 04:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    Hi Niners,

I guess it depends on which MLP is sending you the K-1. Obviously the MLPs that you are invested in are timely - please share with us which MLPs you are investing in.
    Sep 29, 2012. 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    TGC004,

The source was from http://bit.ly/SnwKMz
    I would encourage you to update this information on that website since you are knowledgeable on the tax matters.
    Sep 29, 2012. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Risk/Reward Relationship Of Banks And The XLF [View article]

I think that as the bank's balance sheets continue to improve, the stocks will eventually meet and exceed their book value per share.
    Sep 29, 2012. 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    Sorry, if some statements sounded misleading. I did my research, but the source did not specify certain things such as UBTI.
    Sep 29, 2012. 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    I don't think I or anyone else said that KMI was an MLP. What I said was that investing in KMI will give you an MLP type yield without the tax hassles.
    Sep 29, 2012. 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get MLP Yield Without The Tax Hassles [View article]
    smurf,

Yes the trailing PE is high, but that is based on past earnings which were low. The PEG ratio is under 2 & the price to book ratio remains below 3 - I would put more weight into those metrics in this case since the future earnings growth is expected to be above 20% annually.
    Sep 29, 2012. 10:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sarepta Therapeutics Looks Highly Undervalued [View article]
    I agree that a phase 3 trial is most likely. The drug could be made available to more patients in a larger study. This would benefit those new patients and ensure that there are no safety concerns with the drug.

As far as valuation: The stock should gap up on any new positive information. If the results of the 48 week study are positive, the stock should see a bounce. The fact that an approval is not guaranteed, will keep the stock below the author's projected price. Once approval is granted and the actual selling price is known, then your forecast of $40 will eventually be realized.
    Sep 29, 2012. 10:20 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Risk/Reward Relationship Of Banks And The XLF [View article]
    Good job picking up BAC under $5 - it should continue to recover in the next few years. Personally, I like the credit card companies over the banks as they take on much less risk and have above average earnings growth.
    Sep 28, 2012. 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long-Term Dividend Energy Play [View article]
    vgalizia,

Both ETFs are very similar in composition and own many of the same companies. However, the advantage goes to XLE as it has a slightly higher dividend and a lower expense ratio. XLE 1.59% divy w/ only a 0.19% expense ratio; while IYE has a 1.49% divy and an expense ratio of 0.47%.
    Sep 27, 2012. 07:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long-Term Dividend Energy Play [View article]
    That's fine if you don't mind owning a lot of stocks and if you're money is diversified in other sectors as well. I think many investors would prefer the simplicity of an ETF, but that is just personal taste.
    Sep 27, 2012. 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Buy AIG? [View article]
    Thank you for your contribution, Frank Arabia - I don't know how I missed that adjusted PE. Czosnek, My point is that even if the PE is adjusted to 9, it is still undervalued. Golly, I have to brush up on my forensic accounting.
    Sep 27, 2012. 07:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment