David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Solar Stocks: 4 Companies Expected To Be Profitable In 2013 [View article]
    The point to the JKS article, was the effect of a dip in price due to the stock offering. I never said that there was anything significantly wrong with the company. You should be pleased to see that JKS's EPS was recently upgraded from $0.49 to $2.76 for 2014. http://yhoo.it/1aNDm34
    Nov 22, 2013. 10:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Stocks: 4 Companies Expected To Be Profitable In 2013 [View article]
    moreofthesame,

No, I don't have any positions in solar stocks and I don't appreciate being accused of shorting them. The JKS prediction was off on the 1st article - however the stock did dip on the stock offering, just not by the amount that I thought. Furthermore, the estimates for TSL are not mine, they were taken from yahoo finance.
    Nov 21, 2013. 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exposure To Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway With A Dividend [View article]
    Briar,

I like your article - I think I read it when it was 1st published. It looks like you stimulated a lively comment discussion (over 300 comments).
    Nov 20, 2013. 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, I understand that a dividend spent is money that is not compounded. I meant that investors would benefit from the compounding within BRK-B and the other components of IVE in terms of their price appreciation which is ultimately tied to their earnings growth. So, even if the IVE dividend was spent, investors are still benefiting from market-beating price appreciation of the ETF.
    Nov 20, 2013. 07:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Stocks: 4 Companies Expected To Be Profitable In 2013 [View article]
    moreofthesame,

OK, the 0.14 was the actual Q3 EPS. However, I'm seeing an expected $0.01 for Q4 and the 1st 2 quarters of the year were -$0.90 and -$0.47. So, it looks like 2013's EPS may be about -$1.22, a little better than the -$1.41.
    Nov 20, 2013. 07:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Stocks: 4 Companies Expected To Be Profitable In 2013 [View article]
    bishmp,

A 7 yr. payback for CA solar installations is right in the range of 5 - 8 yrs. as shown on this website: http://bit.ly/1aHqlb9
    Nov 20, 2013. 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Stocks: 4 Companies Expected To Be Profitable In 2013 [View article]
    Andre,

That issue could lead to additional stock offerings to raise capital. JKS did an offering not too long ago.
    Nov 20, 2013. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Stocks: 4 Companies Expected To Be Profitable In 2013 [View article]
    Hi moreofthesame,

The EPS figures for TSL were obtained from yahoo finance. Today, the yf is showing expected 2013 EPS of - $1.41 (that's a negative $1.41). It looks like the 2014 EPS was revised after the recent earnings report to $0.15, but yf was showing $0.03 for 2014 yesterday - you can see that in the 30-day row. So, you are right that 2014 will be better than 2013, but I don't know where your 0.14 figure comes from.
    Nov 20, 2013. 07:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Stocks: 4 Companies Expected To Be Profitable In 2013 [View article]
    moreofthesame,

I didn't write about TSL because it is not expected to be profitable in 2013. It is expected to squeak out a gain for 2014, however, w/ EPS of $0.03.
    Nov 19, 2013. 09:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Briar,

What I'm saying about the dividends is that investors who are looking for income could consider IVE & they would benefit from BRK-B as one of the highest holdings within the ETF. With BRK-B as the 3rd highest holding, IVE investors are benefiting from some of the compounding that you speak of.
    Nov 19, 2013. 07:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Briar,

I love the concept of compounding - it is a powerful force.

As far as individual stock picking, most investors do not beat the market over time. Although many think that they can. I particularly like Chuck Carnevale's article on the subject: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Nov 19, 2013. 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Stocks: 4 Companies Expected To Be Profitable In 2013 [View article]
    Interestingly, I wrote & submitted this article before today's negative stock action. It looks like the solar names are beginning to pullback today. It should be interesting to see how long the sell-off lasts.
    Nov 19, 2013. 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Briar,

I appreciate your perspective. The reason why I mentioned the dividend is because some investors prefer getting a regular payout.
    Nov 14, 2013. 08:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jake2,

VTV is another great alternative - you can't beat Vanguard's low expense ratios.
    Nov 14, 2013. 08:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nvidia: Looking Good For The Long Term [View article]
    13feb,

No, that statement was correct as written. However, the company is also expecting $1.05 billion in revenue for Q4, which is below the consensus of $1.08 billion.
    Nov 13, 2013. 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment