David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 16 Trillion Reasons To Own Gold [View article]
    Noneleft,

Getting more shares for your money is more psychology than anything else. It's similar to a stock split where the value remains the same but you now hold more shares. It creates the illusion of a bargain. Someone with $1000 to invest could only buy 6 shares of GLD - that person may feel better owning 62 shares of IAU.
    Sep 6 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Automatically Diversify And Collect Dividends With One Ticker [View article]
    206511,

You assume incorrectly. I cannot support Obama's agenda forcing taxpayers to pay for abortions - Obamacare needs to be repealed. He believes in too much government control. We need to take a stand in this election against this liberal agenda.
    Sep 6 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 16 Trillion Reasons To Own Gold [View article]
    discodogman,

MNT is not a valid ticker. I'm not familiar with Royal Canadian Mint, but a quick search shows that it is a mint in Canada that produces coins. I don't know much about that operation to comment.
    Sep 6 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Automatically Diversify And Collect Dividends With One Ticker [View article]
    radams9,

That's a great story. I've heard many people complain about the tax implications of MLPs - is it really all that difficult or just hype?
    Sep 5 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Automatically Diversify And Collect Dividends With One Ticker [View article]
    Larry, yes DVY is another great dividend ETF with similar characteristics.
    Sep 4 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Automatically Diversify And Collect Dividends With One Ticker [View article]
    VYM is another good dividend fund. Thank you for bringing that up.Vanguard does a great job of keeping its expense ratios down.
    Sep 4 05:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sarepta Therapeutics: Stock Rising Too Far, Too Fast? [View article]
    Regardless of what happens to the stock, I hope that the muscular dystrophy patients get the help that they need to live a better life.
    Sep 3 11:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sarepta Therapeutics: Stock Rising Too Far, Too Fast? [View article]
    arthurs1,

Thank you - I'm glad you understand my point.
    Sep 2 10:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sarepta Therapeutics: Stock Rising Too Far, Too Fast? [View article]
    redplate,

I appreciate your enthusiasm for Sarepta. I'm not discounting the potential for the company's MD drug, I'm merely saying that I think that there will be a better entry point than jumping on the bandwagon right now.
    I don't have any positions in the stock nor do I have any cubicle mates.
    Diligence is not my middle name, its my first name.
    Sep 2 10:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Buy Green Mountain Coffee? [View article]
    Specter,

You might be right for the long-term, but you'll probably need a lot of patience in the meantime.
    Aug 30 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seagate Looks More Compelling Than Apple [View article]
    crozz,

The sustainability of margins should be contingent upon supply/demand. The supply is coming from only a few major players: Seagate,Western Digital, SanDisk. Here's a demand forecast for this year and next year: http://bit.ly/Rs7AzP
    This demand is derived from global growth. Hope this helps.
    Aug 29 09:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seagate Looks More Compelling Than Apple [View article]
    Here's recent info regarding Seagate's Pulsar SSD demand rising.
    Aug 28 06:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seagate Looks More Compelling Than Apple [View article]
    Here's a link regarding the Thai floods & its impact on the HDD industry.
    Aug 28 06:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seagate Looks More Compelling Than Apple [View article]
    QuantRec,

Well, actually I did write about it back in Jan in the following article:

Oh, and it doubled since then.
    Aug 27 09:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seagate Looks More Compelling Than Apple [View article]
    BTM,

If you think that Seagate is selling dead technology, then you don't know Seagate. Achieving record revenue and record shipments for last quarter is not consistent with a dying technology.
    Aug 27 06:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment