David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    Prairiedog555,

SA's free articles are still going to be out there - even from those contributors who participate in the add-on service. If I choose to offer an additional service, I will still be writing the same amount of free articles on the site. In fact, it makes sense for contributors to continue to offer free articles, because the advertising for signing on to the paid-for service is at the end of those articles. You can still read the numerous free articles.
    Apr 5, 2015. 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M Is Undervalued On A Discounted Dividend Basis [View article]
    Rantz,

3M borrows to continue its growth. The company generates sufficient free cash flow, so it doesn't need to borrow to pay its dividends. With that said, 3M gets a 32% return on equity - which is highly effective.

As cpa28761 said, 3M is more than tape & post-it notes. It offers a variety of products across its Industrial, Healthcare, Safety&Graphics, Electronics & Energy, and Consumer segments.
    Apr 5, 2015. 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M Is Undervalued On A Discounted Dividend Basis [View article]
    User 30628085,

That's correct, I used the most recent beta of 1.18. A lower beta would give an even higher intrinsic value.
    Apr 5, 2015. 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M Is Undervalued On A Discounted Dividend Basis [View article]
    jstratt,

Thank you, I appreciate your perspective. I think that the company faces more tailwinds than headwinds. Earnings for the next 5 years are expected to be stronger than the past five years. Lower oil/gas prices are reducing input costs and giving consumers more spending money. People are more likely to splurge on those Filtrete filters and tape that actually works the way you want it to. I know I tried a cheap lint roller one time, where the adhesive wasn't that great and the sheets wouldn't tear properly. I've been using 3M's Scotch brand lint roller ever since - it works like a charm.
    Apr 4, 2015. 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M Is Undervalued On A Discounted Dividend Basis [View article]
    Bahamas1,

Exactly. The market has plenty of room to move higher. Sure, there will be pullbacks along the way. However, there are no major negative catalysts to cause a bear market.
    Apr 4, 2015. 09:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M Is Undervalued On A Discounted Dividend Basis [View article]
    Ryan,

Yes, the yield is only 2.5%, but you get plenty of price appreciation along with the dividend. The dividend discount analysis shows that 3M isn't as expensive as most people think.
    Apr 4, 2015. 09:00 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avago: Likely To Be A Multi-Year Strong Momentum Stock [View article]
    malc9141,

That's a great question. The broad-line semi companies, including Avago, all have their own intellectual property. Avago has over 16,000 foreign patents and 3,300 U.S. patents. So, to answer your question, Avago's moat is within its own unique technology which is protected by patents.
    Apr 3, 2015. 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    Thank you, Chris.

I'm also interested in hearing from the users (readers) who are not contributors on what they would find as valuable info that they are willing to pay for.
    Apr 3, 2015. 08:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    I like this development from SA and I am interested in participating. I would like to hear from the readers on what you would be willing to pay for. What would be valuable information for you?
    Apr 3, 2015. 07:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    Dushan41,

You can go to the tipranks website and input the author's name to check track records.
    Apr 2, 2015. 09:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The New NXP And Freescale Combination Will Be A Winning Investment [View article]
    gotigers26,

I think it is still a good time to buy NXPI or the broader market. Anytime is a good time to buy when you are dollar-cost averaging.
    Mar 31, 2015. 07:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Think-About-It,

I don't know how the new company will be structured in that respect, so I don't have an estimate for shares.
    Mar 31, 2015. 07:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Santa Klaus Is Coming To Town For Alcoa [View article]
    User 19423641,

Excellent point. Klaus previously mentioned that the rising dollar and lower foreign currencies are positive for Alcoa. Alcoa's input costs are made in local currencies, while its products are sold in dollars.
    Mar 27, 2015. 01:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    okpj,

I realized that you were directing the comment to a commenter and not me.
    Mar 24, 2015. 07:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Skyworks: One Of The Best Performing Stocks For The Long Term [View article]
    thinkdifferent,

Thank you for your critic of the article.

Maybe I'm not an engineer or a technical analysis guru, but I do know that when companies grow FCF at high rates that their stocks are likely to rise. That's what I understand and that's what I write about.

It doesn't necessarily have to be another company that develops a better chip, Skyworks could improve on their own technology - that's what good companies do - continuous improvement.
    Mar 22, 2015. 08:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment