David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How 7% Yielding PDL BioPharma Is Reinventing Itself [View article]
    Darren and User 9276441,

Thank you for your interest in the forward projections. I didn't project beyond the patent expirations because PDL is still in the process of acquiring income producing assets. It would be impossible to project for assets that are not yet acquired. Depomed and Cerdelga are 2 assets already on board in addition to the financing provided to other companies. I would expect more deals to be made over the next year. Sure, it is possible that PDL won't be able to replace all of the revenue immediately. With the valuation beginning at such a low level, PDL could have its EPS cut to $0.50 and still have a PE of 16. (This year's EPS is expected to be $2.09).
    Ultimately, investors have to ask themselves: What is the better deal right now - going long or going short? I think that the E&Y and lawsuits are not going to be material. I also think that the company is working diligently to acquire more assets similar to Depomed and Cerdelga. So, my opinion is that going long will be the better deal at this point.
    Nov 12, 2014. 07:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Once In A Generation Change For Stocks [View article]
    Banmate6,

I agree with your perspective. The economy is larger and more resilient than the Fed's policies. Sure, there will be recessions in the future - but there will also be recoveries following them. Ultimately, stocks will rise as the economy improves. When rates are raised to a certain level, we'll have another recession, which will be followed by another recovery, and the cycle continues. What happens over time, however, is that stocks rise over the long-term. So, dollar-cost averaging for the majority of one's investing money is the way to go to accumulate wealth over time.
    Nov 1, 2014. 10:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SuperCom: Overvalued By Almost 60% [View article]
    I also have to disagree with the author. I agree with the previous bullish thesis by Dane. Although Yoon did a good job explaining his thesis, I don't think that it has much substance to it. You'll probably find that most investors will disagree with the bear thesis and it will most likely turn out to be wrong.

I'll reiterate that most of SPCB's revenue is recurring. Yoon presented just the opposite, which is inaccurate.
    Oct 30, 2014. 08:26 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Buffalo Wild Wings Exceeds Earnings Estimates For Q3 [View article]
    Rick,

Good point. There is plenty of growth left for BWLD.
    Oct 29, 2014. 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vapor Corporation: Ignore The Volatility, Focus On The Long-Term [View article]
    What has changed is that VPCO is now focused on offering more vaporizers in their product mix, which have higher margins. The higher margins will lead to profitability for 2015. You have to look ahead, instead of focusing on the past.
    Oct 27, 2014. 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    blackhorse68,

This is what's happening: "There are no current disputes or disagreements between the Company and IVG and neither party is liable for any breakup fees or reimbursement of costs to the other party as a result of the termination of the asset purchase agreement." quote taken from this link: http://yhoo.it/1wCKAjW
    Oct 27, 2014. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pat45,

First of all, I don't own the stock and I'm not a pump and dumper. Secondly, the company is increasing revenue year-over-year. What has changed is that VPCO is now focused on offering more vaporizers in their product mix, which have higher margins. The higher margins will lead to profitability for 2015.
    Oct 27, 2014. 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe,

You make some valid points, but those issues are temporary and can be fixed. The company is now focused on growing the vaporizer side of the business. So, I think that investors can pick up the stock at a great price for the long-term.
    Oct 26, 2014. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    birder,
    If you look at annual revenue data, you'll see that it has increased by over 30% year-over-year. One quarter's performance isn't really giving the company justice for the long-term.
    Oct 26, 2014. 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Need Some Safety? Look At South Jersey Industries As A Solid Long-Term Utility Dividend Investment [View article]
    good one, al.
    Oct 18, 2014. 09:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    mulligan2,

That's a good idea, especially since the market has been so volatile.
    Oct 18, 2014. 09:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: China Cord Blood Beats Earnings Estimates For Q1 [View article]
    I think that the lowered EPS guidance is already priced in.
    Oct 14, 2014. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Worth Much More On A Discounted Cash Flow Basis [View article]
    John Heil,

Great points - you have a good understanding of Apple as an investment.
    Oct 13, 2014. 09:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Worth Much More On A Discounted Cash Flow Basis [View article]
    Stewartij and Esekla,

Thank you for following up on the details. I don't like to use a WACC in my DCF - instead I typically use 9% as the discount rate as the minimum annual long-term return that we as investors want to beat.

FCF = free cash flow = operating cash flow minus CapEx

I'm using a long-term growth rate of 3% for years 11 and beyond.

Of course DCF analysis is somewhat subjective based on whoever is doing the calculations, but I don't think that I used any figures that are too far fetched. Ultimately, the direction of the stock will be contingent upon sales and the quarterly earnings reports going forward.
    Oct 13, 2014. 09:16 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Worth Much More On A Discounted Cash Flow Basis [View article]
    Gary J,

I also talked about the strength of the initial orders for the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus - that is important and it was addressed in the article.
    Oct 13, 2014. 08:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment