David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • U.S. Natural Gas Economics: $4 Works; $3 Is Too Low [View article]
    Isn't another factor - how the NG companies are hedged? For example, aren't most NG producers hedged to offset losses due to a falling NG price. The effective NG price should be higher for the hedged companies, making continued production viable.
    Jan 3, 2015. 08:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    ranjitsudan,

For Q3, CBI generated $286 million in income from operations - you must be looking at Q1 and Q2. You have to look forward not backwards. Cash flow is expected to be positive for Q4 and for 2015.

With that in mind, I think smart investors like Berkshire are looking forward.
    Jan 2, 2015. 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jeremy Siegel: Correct About 2013, Sees Dow At 18,000 In 2014 [View article]
    Amit,

After seeing what happened this past year, do you see what I mean?
    Jan 1, 2015. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jeremy Siegel: Correct About 2013, Sees Dow At 18,000 In 2014 [View article]
    Well, Jeremy was correct about Dow 18k - despite many of the negative comments saying otherwise.
    Jan 1, 2015. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Although there might be some volatility in the market. Conditions are improving in the U.S.: U.S. GDP growth is expected to rise in 2015. Lower oil and gasoline prices will stimulate about 75% of the economy. The unemployment rate is falling, etc. Although we may see a correction of 5% to 10%, I think we'll see the Dow near 20K by the end of 2015. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 31, 2014. 08:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    Steve T,

CBI gets about 45% of revenue from the U.S. The other major countries that it operates in are: Australia, Columbia, Canada, Papua New Guinea, and The Netherlands. Jim doesn't seem to have a valid argument.
    Dec 31, 2014. 08:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    ranjitsudan,

CBI does produce positive operating cash flow - they didn't for Q1 and Q2 because of higher capital needs which was temporary. OCF was positive in Q3, and it's expected to be positive for Q4 and next year. That was covered in the article.
    Dec 31, 2014. 07:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    First, that wasn't CBI's project. Besides, CBI is diverse among many different infrastructure types.
    Dec 30, 2014. 07:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    Tom,

Pulling info from the risk section of the 10-K doesn't change my positive thesis. You can go to any company's 10-K and find statements that sound scary. Are many projects likely to be cancelled? Probably not.
    Dec 30, 2014. 07:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Significant Potential In 2015 For Chicago Bridge & Iron [View article]
    skaterdude,

The NG price wasn't quoted in the article - it was in Tom Kerr's comment.
    Dec 30, 2014. 07:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Help Us Pick Outstanding Performance Award Winners For January [View article]
    I would like to nominate my PRO article on Mitel Networks http://seekingalpha.co... which produced a 198% return for investors. I pointed out that the company could turn around as it moves more towards the cloud. The company did turn things around and the stock actually exceeded my estimates.
    Dec 29, 2014. 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Neenah Paper: Dividend Paying, Undervalued Stock With High Growth Potential [View article]
    drdebt,

You are missing something: You can't digitize NP's automotive paper filters. Also, although you can technically digitize wedding invitations I don't think that the fancy paper variety will be going away any time soon.
    Dec 29, 2014. 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Is An Economic Castle Protected By An Unbreachable Moat [View article]
    Yes, to all of those who are saying that FB will eventually be overtaken: When such a competitor surfaces and evidence shows that FB, Instagram, and WhatsApp are losing users in large amounts, that's when I'll turn bearish. Until then no such competitor exists, so I remain bullish.
    Dec 25, 2014. 10:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Outlook For 2015 [View article]
    Yes, I see what you are referring to, but I used that statement to link it with everything else that I discussed. It is not the conclusion, but a starting point for the rest of the discussion. Merry Christmas.
    Dec 24, 2014. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Outlook For 2015 [View article]
    Matthew,

I clearly stated my case based on the evidence we have at hand. We have GDP growth that is increasing, an expanding multiple (PE), a low interest rate environment, and lower oil prices which should spur economic growth. The stock market should rise in this environment. I'm not concluding that GDP growth by itself is predicting the market. I'm putting all of this info together to come up with the most likely scenario. Now with the PE at an above average level in the midst of an improving economy, the returns for 2015 are not likely to be as high as they were from 2009-2013. That's why I'm concluding 10% growth for 2015. If you think that the market will perform better or worse than what I stated, please share that with us.
    Dec 24, 2014. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment