David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • High Volatility Creates Trading Opportunities For Marijuana Stock, Growlife [View article]
    dwalshin,

Sorry, I don't play those unethical games - I have no ulterior motives. I write about many stocks that I don't own and do my best to give an unbiased realistic scenario.

By the way, Google was never a penny stock - the IPO began at $85. The stock did drop a bit to the $60s, but never below $1 or even close to it.

I never said that Growlife will never amount to anything. It is my opinion that it will trade down a little more before the next catalyst.
    Mar 21 08:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    trabob,

It's a very entertaining discussion - I am not surprised by the reaction.
    Mar 21 08:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Magnificent,

There is no conspiracy theory here. I have no position in the stock, nor am I attempting to manipulate the stock in any way. I am just calling it as I see it. I am pointing out that the stock is likely to fall a bit further before seeing new highs - more consolidation seems reasonable. However, I think that money can be made on both sides of the trade due to the high volatility.
    Mar 20 09:02 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Crowd Wisdom Predicts Future Stock Returns [View article]
    This is positive and interesting news. It's great to see SA getting the attention of the Wall Street Journal. I am happy for the entire SA community for making construction contributions to the investing world.
    Mar 19 07:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cantel Medical: Segment Strength Is Driving The Stock [View article]
    gca1,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I viewed your profile, it looks like you had an interesting entrepreneurial career.
    Mar 19 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pioneer Natural Resources Is Too Pricey [View article]
    jfsmart,

You do make some great points regarding production. I'm just hesitant to buy at these levels. The risk is if one of their reports comes in less than expected, it could trigger a steep sell-off. However, the track record has been solid so far.
    Mar 11 07:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • URS Corporation: Undervaluation And Catalysts To Drive The Stock Higher [View article]
    tallguyz,

You could have made that same argument about GE, because it has many different businesses under one corporation. It's a business and ultimately, the mission is to increase revenue and earnings.
    Mar 9 06:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cementos Pacasmayo: 25%-50% Upside For This Small-Cap Stock [View article]
    CPAC does look attractive for the long-term. You may need some patience for the stock to turn around. It's difficult to say when the stock will reverse - a better earnings report would be a good catalyst.
    Mar 8 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Time It Is Different - Americans Are More Pessimistic [View article]
    Thank you for the article. It's insightful and gets people thinking. Another indicator is inflation and we haven't seen above average levels of it yet. We're currently at 1.6% as compared to the long term average of about 3%.
    Mar 7 09:06 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Citigroup Looks Now As Compared To Its Peers [View article]
    Jason B,

You could be right - my estimates were on the conservative side. We'll have to see how it plays out.
    Feb 28 04:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Citigroup Looks Now As Compared To Its Peers [View article]
    Bahamas1,

I'm not implying that rises in interest rates are bad for banks. What I'm saying is that interest rate increases are likely to put a damper on loan demand. At the same time, I think that other things associated with an improving economy such as more people employed, higher wages, etc. will more than offset any loss of demand due to rising interest rates.
    Feb 28 04:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Citigroup Looks Now As Compared To Its Peers [View article]
    pmiller100,

Yes, you are on the same page that I am. The company is out of favor and undervalued. Now is the time to get in before it becomes an attractive investment again. With the economy continuing to make gains, C should perform better than it has in recent years.
    Feb 28 08:57 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Rentals: Strong Gains Likely Over The Next 2 Years [View article]
    ChrisForte,

Thank you for commenting. The company expects 2014 and 2015 to be better in large part because of an improvement in the non-residential market & the continued strength in energy. The next 2 yrs. should be positive for URI.
    Feb 22 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Rentals: Strong Gains Likely Over The Next 2 Years [View article]
    BobWJ,

Thank you for adding to the article. That's a good point and one that nimble investors could take advantage of. However, there is no guarantee that the short-term seasonal pattern will repeat every year. I would rather go with a longer-term investment, but that's just my personal preference.
    Feb 21 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Rentals: Strong Gains Likely Over The Next 2 Years [View article]
    Thank you, Tas. You always have some amusing analogies.
    Feb 21 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment