David Zanoni

View David Zanoni's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Apple: Short-Term Estimates And Stock Fluctuations Mean Nothing For The Long Term [View article]
    Wow, this sell-off in AAPL is way too bearish. It's time for the stock to bounce the other way - to move back above the 50-day moving average.
    Aug 3, 2015. 08:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Stock Has Peaked [View article]
    Yes, my call that the stock peaked was incorrect. However, I would point out that the ROE fell to 10.6 and it has dropped all year. Given the lofty valuation and the dropping ROE, I wouldn't want to own the stock right now.
    Aug 3, 2015. 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Outerwall: Undervalued, New Dividend, And Multiple Catalysts [View article]
    Given the recent disappointing Q2 earnings report, I am changing my outlook for OUTR. I wouldn't recommend owning the stock at this point. The Redbox sales are a lot more challenged than I originally thought.
    Aug 3, 2015. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Airlines: Sell-Off Created 25% Upside Opportunity [View article]
    Mike,

Good call out. The Pope's visit is likely to benefit AAL in Sept.
    Jul 30, 2015. 07:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Price: The Rising Dollar, Trust, Supply And Demand [View article]
    jesseFlynnJr,

Personally, I am not a fan of gold. Why risk multiple years of decline? Gold had a 20 year bear market during the 80s and 90s. This could be happening again. I've seen multiple sources value gold at about $800. You're better off in equities in my opinion over the long-term. Of course, I realize investors own some gold as a hedge against inflation and other risks, but I am not recommending it.
    Jul 27, 2015. 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Beginning Of The Next Cyclical Bear Market [View article]
    Although we might see a correction, a cyclical bear market is not likely. Interest rates are still low and even if the Fed begins to raise rates later this year, cyclical bear markets don't begin until interest rates top out. We are no where near that point. The U.S. economy is making incremental gains, which will keep the bull market in tact. I would expect a correction at any time, but not a cyclical bear market.
    Jul 27, 2015. 11:33 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Outlook For Gold [View article]
    It looks like my theory was correct.
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hawaii808,

Your right, the shares probably would have been sold regardless of the news. The stock did have a nice run up heading into earnings, so selling triggers were probably in place for the large institutional investors. So, the little guy just needs to be patient, not panic, and hold shares for the long-term.
    Jul 23, 2015. 08:49 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    woodywood,

That is a great question - Where will the future growth come from? Well, the iPhone is doing just fine with each upgrade. Many people keep saying that another huge product needs to replace the iPhone. However, the iPhone is our portable computer, phone, radio, camera, video recorder, navigator, calculator, all in one. We will always have the need to communicate via voice and text and check email & browse the web on the go. The record iPhone sales demonstrate this. After Apple conquers the world, they'll introduce another new version and a large portion of the world will upgrade... and the beat goes on. What will replace the smartphone in the future? Whatever it is, Apple will probably make the best version of it.

Jul 23, 2015. 08:45 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What 3D Systems Needs For A Turnaround [View article]
    mkomives,

Since HPQ is developing their own 3D printing tech and claiming that it is better than existing tech, I don't think that the company sees any value in buying DDD or SSYS. It would be like Apple buying Blackberry.
    Jul 23, 2015. 08:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What 3D Systems Needs For A Turnaround [View article]
    Mrkoh,

The market cap changes daily. I think DDD's market cap exceeded SSYS a few days ago when I wrote the article.

My thoughts are that HPQ is claiming to have superior technology and with the company's scale could offer a better product at an attractive price. If it has the better technology and pricing power, it is just a matter of selling it. The buyers of 3D printers may even seek out HPQ if they can offer a more efficient product.
    Jul 23, 2015. 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What 3D Systems Needs For A Turnaround [View article]
    Comanche4,

No, I never bought it.
    Jul 23, 2015. 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    richbar,

The PEG that I am referring to is based on 5-year projected EPS growth. The single-digit growth for next year will follow this year's 40% + growth. So, it is better to look at multiple years to get a more accurate picture.
    Jul 23, 2015. 07:33 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What 3D Systems Needs For A Turnaround [View article]
    Comanche4,

Time will tell. HPQ could be the dominant player in 3D printing. Then, the Carbon3D technology looks like it could be a game-changer. There are a lot of variables, so we'll just have to see how things play out.
    Jul 22, 2015. 09:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What 3D Systems Needs For A Turnaround [View article]
    MisterEC,

Buy DDD? Not if the HPQ technology is superior.
    Jul 22, 2015. 09:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment