Dee Woo

• The Making Of China's Epic Hard Landing [View article]
    I want to thank some dear friends of mine for helping me with proofreading this article. I am really grateful to your kind help:
    Aaron Woolner, Editor of Asia Risk
    Harry Lynch, Headmaster of Newman School Boston
    Al Scott.Principal, NSD Bio Group LLC
    Tim Coldwell,Webeditor,Global Print Monitor
    Irwin Cruz,Editor,Pearson Group
    Richard Burger,pekingduck.org

Thank you all very much!
    Jan 28 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Making Of China's Epic Hard Landing [View article]
    you say it with eloquence and humor.
    Jan 21 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Making Of China's Epic Hard Landing [View article]
    I don't like sentiments in my analysis work. I like data and facts. Many readers are interested in the scale of corruption in China. So, let's have a look where China stands in the Corruption Perceptions Index:China 75, Greece 80,Thailand 80,India 95,Argentina 100,Indonesia 100,Mexico,Egypt 112,Vietnam 112,Philippines 129,Pakistan 134,Russia 143.
    Greece doesn't deserve the place in the EU.India,Thailand,Indo... and Vietnam will probably take over the manufacturing crown from China sooner or later. China, India and Russia are all part of BRICS---the world's most shining spots at the moment.
    South Africa looks less corrupted at 64. However, from the stories I heard, it's a very dangerous place to live.
    That's why I focus more on economic mismanagement rather than popular sentiments against corruption. Decision-making based on sentiments are not a good recipe for profit-oriented investment.
    Jan 19 11:25 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Making Of China's Epic Hard Landing [View article]
    I merely emphasize the fact that the magnitude of the dislocation of the monetary resources totally out-weigh that of the so-called liquidity crisis. The root of the problem is the dislocation of the monetary resources created by the state monopoly. The so-called liquidity crisis is merely a symptom.
    Jan 15 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Britain's Inflationary Depression Continues [View article]
    This kind of stealth wealth redistribution from the poor to rich is happening in the middle kingdom as well.
    Jan 14 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Making Of China's Epic Hard Landing [View article]
    The importance of shadow banks is beside the point. My point is it's like a black market of liquidity since the banking industry is literally run by the will of the state. The more the banking is run by the state; the bigger the black market of liquidity will get. I refer you to look into how the black market ran rampant in the Soviet union. The same phenomenon now happens to the shadow banks in China. So, one has to question how effectively the PBOC can mop the excessive liquidity off while much of it is under the central bank's radar in the wild west of the shadow banks. There is never a liquidity crisis but merely the serious dislocation of the monetary resources. If China fails to marketize the banking industry, the monetary policy will always be incompetent against inflation and economic bubbles. To grow GDP by throwing money at it without worrying the rate of return can only go this far.
    Jan 14 10:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment