Deep Dives

View Deep Dives' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Pssstt! Pfizer Is Not Executing And Is Overvalued [View article]
    I was surprised by Lipitor sales being so strong ('Lipitor saves the day again' was nearly the title). Though not popular, I stand by my target.
    May 2 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pssstt! Pfizer Is Not Executing And Is Overvalued [View article]
    Correct nScout. There are many under-publicized issues with generics...reactions with fillers, coatings, time release issues..not a fan and avoid when I can.
    May 1 07:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pssstt! Pfizer Is Not Executing And Is Overvalued [View article]
    The generic manufacturers will benefit to a greater extent.
    Apr 30 09:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pfizer's New Breast Cancer Drug Could Be A Game Changer [View article]
    Apologies Mike. One correction for you, my search was on PD-0332991 not PF-00868554.
    Apr 15 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pfizer's New Breast Cancer Drug Could Be A Game Changer [View article]
    Hi Mike,

Not always as easy question as each compound can file multiple patents and extensions can be granted or challenged from that point. The earliest that I was able to find in a quick search for PF-00868554 was 2007 (though that means very little). In general, a drug patent remains in place for 20 years.

That said, palbociclib has been under development for some time as it acquired by Pfizer via the Warner Lambert acquisition in 2000.

Related to your second question, revenues resulting from development agreements are typically split on a 50/50 basis though exceptions frequently exist.

Here is the analysis that I provided on the announcement if interested;

and my full Pfizer analysis;
    Apr 15 11:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rite Aid Reports Earnings Surprise As Revenues Continue To Slide [View article]
    Could be but I would like to see a lift in revenues. The revenue / store metric was encouraging though.
    Apr 13 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rite Aid Sales Continue To Erode [View article]
    Could be. Fundamentals do not appear to be improving though.
    Apr 9 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rite Aid Sales Continue To Erode [View article]
    Apologies all. This one was delayed in editing for a period.
    Apr 8 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Critical Analysis Of Pfizer's Pipeline, Earnings And Valuation [View article]
    Hi Dr. Barclay - The cash comment was suggesting that Pfizer can buy itself out of a number of unfavorable situations and not that I would prefer to be in cash. Thank you for the comment.
    Apr 7 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the feedback. That cash can solve a number of problems. Feel free to follow if you like. All the best!
    Apr 5 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nice follow up. All of the above are possible.
    Apr 5 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    and...you seemed to be obsessed with me...
    Apr 5 05:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Jason,

Good afternoon and thank you for reaching out. It felt really good to write a complete piece though it took a while. Regarding Wyeth, I initially liked the acquisition despite it being met with mixed reviews. It helped build up a number of business units as I noted though Pfizer's has not been able to positively influence the revenue trajectory of any inline products significantly.

As you are hinting, the pipeline is key and it appears to have a broad focus on a number of large disease states. However, to this point I have not modeled too many of the acquired products.
    Apr 5 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Preaching to the choir Chemist. Building production facilities in India is not the most striking move by Mr. Reed either...
    Apr 5 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi 104192 - Thank you for reviewing the analysis. Look at this as purely one perspective on the company. It would be irresponsible for me to provide any advice on an individual's portfolio and I would strongly encourage you to perform additional analysis on your own. Best regards!
    Apr 5 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment