Deja Vu

View Deja Vu's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple tops $100 following bullish Morgan Stanley note [View news story]
    Good point, I plan to scale into the position, I believe the market cap based all time high is around $110 (because of all the buy backs). Just in case AAPL starts a retreat now, I'll have at least a small position...
    Aug 19 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple tops $100 following bullish Morgan Stanley note [View news story]
    Opened a small position in January 2016 put spreads with a 10X payoff. Let us see if the news of the iPhone 6 will be sold.
    Aug 19 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com: As An Investment, A Spent Force [View article]
    @Paulo

You forgot to mention Jim Cramer standing at the gangplank with a megaphone screaming at people to board the ship
    Aug 18 03:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com: As An Investment, A Spent Force [View article]
    I have read this thesis or variants thereof for years and seen many bears turn into dogfood.

I myself shorted CRM several time back when it was trading (presplit) near $110, near $150, near $173 etc. Guess how those turned out.

Benioff is a great show man and could have sold tickets to first class cabins on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. He is almost on the same level (or depth if you prefer) as Elon Musk. All it takes is for him to do a few media interviews on CNBC and a few presentations at conferences. CRM will jerk upwards again as if on a string
    Aug 18 01:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Vringo's Reversal At CAFC Just Increased My Confidence In A VirnetX Affirmation [View article]
    We are not being defeated and retreating, we are all the way back to the gates of Berlin because we are "strategically luring the enemy to his doom"
    Aug 18 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.K. health cost regulator supports Sovaldi [View news story]
    The $900-$84,000 spread is a bit more than the HIV retrovirals
    Aug 15 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.K. health cost regulator supports Sovaldi [View news story]
    This may be a *very* lucrative business...hmmm....
    Aug 15 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.K. health cost regulator supports Sovaldi [View news story]
    No, I would rather just sit and be denied access to the Sovaldi as insurers, and many states are doing, restricting access to all but the sickest. I will just sit there getting to the point of death so that *then* I will be approved for Sovaldi.
    Aug 15 09:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.K. health cost regulator supports Sovaldi [View news story]
    I smell a very lucrative mail order business in the works...as insurers place more and more restrictions on who qualifies, I'm pretty sure whomever doesn't, can click a few buttons and order it off the net for $900 for the whole regimen. Insurers will be happy, politicians won't bend over backwards for GILD...
    Aug 15 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks With The Best Income Per Employee [View article]
    The homebuilder who built my home and most of the subdivision didn't have a single employee. He employed contractors for everything from staffing the model home to building the homes. The only employee was him and he had a multimillion dollar profit. If we count him as the only employee, I guess he beats Apple by a mile.

Computing the "employees" of Apple when there are literally hundreds of thousands of contractors toiling to make products for Apple, is not a great idea.

Microsoft has as many as 2 contractors for every full time employee, working right alongside them in the same office. That may blow a hole in your statistics... Forget China...when I look at the bay area. I know more Apple contractors than I do Apple employees.

This revenue/FTE number has little significance. My guess is that you are trying to explain in the nonlinearity in revenues vs. expenses, which is a function of capital in the form of automated processes replacing labor, leading to steeply falling marginal costs.

The revenue/FTE has significance only for "body shoppers" like IT consulting companies like TCS, Infosys, Cognizant etc whose revenues are dependent on billable hours of staff.
    Aug 14 03:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Spot Potential 'Trade Of The Decade' Bargains [View article]
    considering how much the indexes are up since 2012, I wonder how many companies there are trading at a lower price than in 2012 (OK, we are not talking about Blackberry...) and index call buyer would be up hundreds of %....
    Aug 14 10:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Corporate Governance Reform At Post Overdue? [View article]
    I was under the impression, from his comments on eating up a all day sucker one lick at a time, that he had invested on the premise of squeezing Ackman...
    Aug 14 08:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Corporate Governance Reform At Post Overdue? [View article]
    There's a small logical conundrum. If one were to assume Herbalife actually sells shakes and protein bars like the post, then Herbalife is legit, which would contradict the gist of your previous articles. If on the other hand, your previous articles are correct, then Herbalife is not really in nutrition business, then there is no conflict of interest for Stiritz.

Also, the question here is, how much do the competing product segments contribute to the top and bottom lines of the Post. If they are not huge, then the competition/conflict of interest may not be large.

That said, Stiritz is a unprincipled investor for investing in Herbalife and I hope he loses a bundle on his long. I wonder if he is the person holding the floor up at $50
    Aug 12 03:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carney: Fannie and Freddie investors should surrender [View news story]
    So why did these "investors" not advance the massive sums of money in 2008/2009 to bail out Fannie and Freddie? The government took the risk, not these "investors" who arrived after the fact. They deserve nothing except to lose their after the fact vulture "investments". Apparently commenters on this thread cannot make the connection between "risk" and "reward"
    Aug 11 05:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook sees backlash over new Messenger app requirement [View news story]
    The dual class class structure makes FB nothing but a momentum day trade. No one can ever remove Zuck if he starts making like say, Jim & Mike of RIMM. There is zero coporate governance at FB since zuck can fire the entire BOD when ever he feels like. There is no way any investor who cares about corporate governance can invest long term in FB.
    Aug 10 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment