Deja Vu

View Deja Vu's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CB&I jumps on report Anadarko may select it for Mozambique LNG project [View news story]
    Prefer not to think about it. Didn't notice the emoticon. Agree gains would be more, but the name of the game is capital preservation. live to fight another day. The 55-60 call spreads would have been worth quite a penny more if it goes to $60. Yes, I'm just trying to convince myself too.

Just removed the CBI ticker from my trading platform. Don't want to see it.
    May 15, 2015. 12:46 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    At an average profit of 20% on the stock and 50% on the call spreads of a 200k stock position and 150 call spreads bought at $1 and sold at 1.5. Let me see that would be 40k + 7.5k = 47.5k for a week's worth of research and two months of holding. Yes, I'm really bitter to see my capital sitting safe with a nice gain.
    May 15, 2015. 12:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    So that is what has been keeping the legs under this stock in the face of news of more delays and overruns at the nuke plants and the Toshiba/Westinghouse accounting probe....
    May 15, 2015. 12:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mobile First [View article]
    Alas, the day you will walk into a work place and see the vast majority of the people spending the vast majority of their time staring at a 5.5 inch screen placed on the center of the desk still seems so far away...
    May 15, 2015. 07:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook +3.8%; JPMorgan reports strong April comScore data [View news story]
    Didn't we see strong con, er, com Score data in the months leading up to the most recent quarterly revenue miss?
    May 14, 2015. 02:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi shutters exclusive program after Swiss franc losses [View news story]
    110-1 leverage without VAR calculations or counterparty risk evaluation...nice...our bankers at work...
    May 14, 2015. 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Bond Issuance Shows Potential Market Problem [View article]
    Boeing will be around in 30 years. Can I say the same about Apple? No.
    May 13, 2015. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Bond Issuance Shows Potential Market Problem [View article]
    Wonder where the 30 year bond holders of DEC are right now?
    May 13, 2015. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Amazing Powerwall Reservations [View article]
    I know of a one time co -worker who was laid off from a company creating e-ecommerce web sites in the late 90's. Shortly thereafter on the ecommerce site of clients there would be massive amounts of items placed in the cart, on "scheduled" orders etc, that would all be kept there for as long as the cart would not expire or cancelled at the last minute.

The fired worker would do all of these just before shipping deadlines, and these clients would load up pallets, sometimes package for shiipping, create shipping labels etc and even move items to the dock, since the orders were so massive, if they were placed at the last minute, they could not be fulfilled. Sometimes inventory would be trucked in or flown in as a hold would be placed on available inventory and inventory control systems would reorder product. One of his favorite targets was a certain major paper company that tried to sell paper alone from its website.

This guy would put literally millions of dollars of product in his cart causing havoc. When caught and his account was cancelled, he would simply do this again with a different account. trolling the site for low inventory items.

I wonder how many people are trolling Tesla?
    May 11, 2015. 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CB&I slips as project partner starts accounting probe [View news story]
    There were two stray cats in my neighborhood. One was super friendly and trusting. One was hyper alert. The super friendly and trusting wandered into a yard with dogs and got killed. The hyper alert cat is still around. (I give it food and ensure I'm giving that cat food and not a coyote or a raccoon via a camera trap made from a old smart phone).

Those who want to stick around after the first whiff of scandal are welcome to do so. I also wonder which whale was exiting.
    May 11, 2015. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Confusion Causes 12,000% Run Up In Riviera Tools Company [View article]
    Smart decision...shorting penny stocks is a account killer....
    May 8, 2015. 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CB&I slips as project partner starts accounting probe [View news story]
    Let me put it this way. Till this morning I was 95% sure that it was the way jpraschnik and Bruce Becker arguing it was. Now I am about 80% sure.

The risk to reward is therefore unacceptable and I'm out. Those who wait to be 95% sure the *other* way before getting out will lose all their capital soon.
    May 8, 2015. 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CB&I slips as project partner starts accounting probe [View news story]
    I am fully aware of the first few paragraphs of your thesis. Yes, I know about the "Aircraft Impact Assessment" that delayed the certified Westinghouse design and the further changes that resulted from the Fukushima that delayed the final NRC design approval to 2011 for Revision 19 of the design.

Yes, CBI claims that it is just the contractor who does what they are told.

I read all the filings of CBI, SCANA, Georgia Power, NRC filings, etc for one week to write a report for someone.

I kept explaining away the accounting for the Shaw, the liablities for the cost overruns as a design issue, the ability of westinghouse as the first recourse, departure of the CFO etc etc etc That is why I was long.

As Warren Buffet said once you see a cockroach, you soon meet thr rest of his relatives. I am seeing too many cockroaches to explain away. I was long a combination of shares and calls from 41.x, for a large amount. I sold the shares a few days ago near 50.50. Now I sold the calls near $49.

There are better places to make money. Wish you luck if you are long.
    May 8, 2015. 02:32 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CB&I slips as project partner starts accounting probe [View news story]
    Have you read the SCANA filings or Georgia filings? They havent admitted liablity for the 4B either. Probably a negotiating ploy. But the true cost overrun is yet to be determined. The only thing the utilities are on the hook for and can pass on to rate payers is the financing costs of the delays and overruns.
    May 8, 2015. 02:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Confusion Causes 12,000% Run Up In Riviera Tools Company [View article]
    Situation is ripe for a CYNK play....
    May 8, 2015. 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment