Deja Vu

View Deja Vu's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Should Investors Worry About Boeing's Plan For A New Aircraft? [View article]
    The C-suite's pay id decided by a few quarters results in the present. Quickest way to goose it is to cut R&D.By 2030 the present management would have departed with its bag of shekels. As Werner Von Braun said of the V2, my job is to send it up...where it comes down, that's not my department...similarly developing new aircraft ...is not current management's department...
    Dec 12, 2014. 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pershing posts new Herbalife-bashing video [View news story]
    Ackman promised a "death blow"....he didn't mention laughing to death. I'm glad I got rid of my $55 puts for a profit.
    Dec 11, 2014. 10:19 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pershing posts new Herbalife-bashing video [View news story]
    Ackman's hail mary pass from his own 10 yard line...lands around the 30 yard line....
    Dec 11, 2014. 09:49 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chinese Internet stocks routed [View news story]
    Just wait till the first time FB misses earnings...
    Dec 8, 2014. 10:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3%-down mortgages are back at Frannie [View news story]
    when they go broke again, I want to see Ackman give them 500 billion
    Dec 8, 2014. 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Diapers Are Going To Flop Just Like The Fire Phone [View article]
    Have you considered Amazon may trying to pull off a "Monoprice.com" type endeavor i.e. sell excellent quality merchandise w/o brand premiums (I have wondered why Amazon hasnt acquired Monoprice many times).

For instance, I know I get excellent quality merchandise at Monoprice, so I compare Monoprice prices not with discount products but with the top of the line products. Monoprice products often cost more than the bottom of the barrel products, but less than the absolute top tier branded ones.

Amazon branded stuff may be aiming for the same notion.
    Dec 6, 2014. 05:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sprint offers to cut AT&T/Verizon subscriber bills in half [View news story]
    14 or 15 billion purchase commitment if I remember right...sometime around the CLWR acquisition I think...
    Dec 2, 2014. 09:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pimco has bled over $100B this year [View news story]
    If I was Joe Schmoe, and I noticed Pimco funds being offered by employer, I would have a talk with the benefits manager as to why my employer is supporting lavish 290 million paychecks with my money.

I hope the revelations about the huge pay checks to the greedy managers at Pimco bring down the company.
    Dec 1, 2014. 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Debunk The Myths On China [View article]
    Among the areas of agreement I strongly agree that very high quality goods and services can be produced by China.

No nation in the world has a monopoly on brains or talent. Every population is normally distributed. I cringe whenever I see a comment on SA about "cheap, low quality Chinese goods"

Given the manufacturing base in China, the only place to get high quality manufactured goods (which demands a diversified, large, automated supply chain) may be in China. People don't seem to understand that without a machine tool base, there is agreater labor component in the production. The greater the labor component, the poorer the final quality. Automated mass production and high quality usually go hand in hand.

In the US, there seems to be some kind of contempt for "mass produced" and some kind of reverence for "hand made" or "artisanal" which indicates most people don't understand manufacturing processes.

Again, on innovation etc, it seems to be all the rage to think Asian countries cannot innovate, hence the nasty comments against Samsung you see in virtually all the threads here. I don't see any reason why China, Korea or India can't innovate just as well as anyone else.

One more point, the birthrate in India is falling steeply in a few years it has fallen to about 21/1000 population or about total of 2.5/woman (since women make up a smaller number of the population). That is not far about the replacement rate of 2.1/woman. India's population will peak and stabilize in the next decade or so. (Data from world bank, you may have to input parameters into the query boxes http://bit.ly/1BUQnbl)
    Nov 21, 2014. 12:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Debunk The Myths On China [View article]
    I agree with most of your points (disagree on Tibet etc). I especially agree with the point that China is now the most capitalistic country in the world. The place where there are no trade unions and other inconveniences for capitalists.

In a sense China is like the Animal Farm at the end, when the pigs are starting to turn human. It's great if you are the pig, not so great if you are outside peering in through the kitchen window after a hard day's work.

The one child policy you are so proud of, will, in about 30 years lead to a demographic collapse with too many old people and too few younger working age people to support them. The norm in developed countries is about 1.2 children per woman, so the one child policy seems to have merely hastened the inevitable.

Sooner or later China, with the retro pre WWII warlord chic of the PLA (closely resembling that of 1930's Japanese military), will be embroiled in a regional war that may or may not escalate. I see it as an inevitability.

As Chinese consumers consumer more, work less and demand more pay, the trade surplus will shrink and jobs will move to cheaper countries (as you yourself point out).

As for crime, the communist party of China with its corrupt party officials is perhaps the largest criminal organization in the world, skimming the cream off of the production and having no qualms about wholesale murder of its own citizens when its existence is threatened (Tienanmen square, anyone?).

Hitler and Mussolini made their economies boom and trains run on time by quashing human rights and committing violence against their fellow citizens and allowing state backed unfettered crony capitalism. I don't see present day China as any different.
    Nov 21, 2014. 10:50 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China cuts interest rates as economy slows [View news story]
    I didn't say the US system was any better...
    Nov 21, 2014. 10:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • China cuts interest rates as economy slows [View news story]
    Trying to prop up that whole real estate market that is threatening a total collapse after 12 months of falling prices...but wall street says "to the moon, Alice!"
    Nov 21, 2014. 07:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spectrum bids top $24B; AT&T/Verizon seen spending heavily [View news story]
    in the twenties plutocrats "cornered the market" in wheat or cattle. Now the carriers are "cornering the market" in spectrum making sure they squat on as much of it as possible. The difference between cornering the market in wheat and in spectrum is this - wheat grows again next year.

The FCC should not allow spectrum to be squatted on...literally as well as figuratively
    Nov 19, 2014. 09:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce provides light FQ4 and FY16 guidance [View news story]
    Light guidance = headline "Salesforce beats estimates" followed by a fawning Cramer lobbing softball questions to the Benioff followed by a gushing peroration from Cramer about how great Salesforce is.

In the meantime, company keeps paying the bills with stock and still can't show any earnings!
    Nov 19, 2014. 08:09 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No holiday red cups for Chipotle [View news story]
    when you serve real food, you can do what you want. when you serve fries made from powdered and extruded potato paste, you better start promoting.

Chipotle serves real food. It can't be compared to Wendy's & Mcdonalds

I bought a 1000 shares on the day it opened for trading at $44ish and sold it at about 60ish months later...when the weather is cold and a wind is blowing I can still feel the pain...
    Nov 19, 2014. 09:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment