Derek Young

View Derek Young's Comments BY TICKER:
  • LinkedIn Climbs Back Up To $90: Why It's Time To Short Again [View article]
    If LNKD holds $90 today with higher volume I think you may be on to something.
    Feb 13 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Salesforce.com In The Final Stages Of Its Bubble? [View article]
    You hit the nail on the head. It really does not matter if the numbers are "good" or "bad" it only matters how the big boys react. I think the cloud is falling out of favor in the Wall Street fashion show and moving into the social arena. Sector rotation is my biggest ally in this trade.
    Feb 8 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Salesforce.com In The Final Stages Of Its Bubble? [View article]
    I agree it would be a very large move, but with high flying stocks not out of the question. Also I think to company was very aggressive on this quarters revenue projection. The company is priced to perfection and even meeting their top-line projection may disappoint the market. Still thought as you point out, high risk high reward situation.
    Feb 8 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Salesforce.com In The Final Stages Of Its Bubble? [View article]
    I am currently short the stock via March options. Buying the 100 put and selling the 95 put gave me a net debit of $0.45. Costing only 9% of the spread and .3% of the stock price. This trade gives be the ability to make over 10 times my money while having limited losses.
    Feb 8 01:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dunkin' Donuts: Inflating Waistlines And Stock Price [View article]
    Funny that you would say that. Dunkin' sued one of its franchisees because they tried to let a loyal manger take a stake in the company. It is less of a partnership working towards something, and more of they just want your money.
    Feb 1 02:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Greek Negotiations May Dampen Rally [View article]
    I am a little confused and maybe the author could clear some things up. How can a firm that owns insurance for just such an event take voluntary write downs. Doesn't that firm have fiduciary responsibility to maximize profits? If I was invested in a bond fund that did this I would be calling my lawyer. What am I missing?
    Jan 22 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: Why I'm Skeptical, And Short [View article]
    The VIX is at 18. I would be a buyer of options.
    Jan 21 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: Why I'm Skeptical, And Short [View article]
    right it peaked over 300. I was just defining how nicasurfer used the term "cracks", and pointing out there was still a profit left over after.
    Jan 17 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: Why I'm Skeptical, And Short [View article]
    If by "cracks" you mean breaking the trend-line or 150 MA as a smoothing mechanism. Netflix was around 200 bucks when it showed "cracks". I'm not a greedy man I will take that money all day long. Money to be made here just not picking a side as of yet.
    Jan 17 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • America Should Run From Dunkin' [View article]
    Trade update:

The 36.2% retracement is holding. The volume is very low so far today. This does not bold well for DNKN bulls that will need to absorb some if not all of the 22mm shares coming to market very soon.
    Jan 17 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Intuitive Surgical's Earnings Call On January 19 [View article]
    Why did you choose a strangle over a short put ladder?
    Jan 15 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: Why I'm Skeptical, And Short [View article]
    I was thinking last night about this trade. The safe way to be short the stock is a short put ladder. That way you make money if it goes up or down. More so if it goes down.
    Jan 15 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: Why I'm Skeptical, And Short [View article]
    I agree this stock is fundamentally overvalued. Still, a market can stay irrational much longer than we as traders can stay solvent. The technicals on CMG are EXTREMELY bullish. With no catalyst shorting this stock would be a dangerous game.
    Jan 14 12:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • America Should Run From Dunkin' [View article]
    Please don't take my next set of questions/statements the wrong way. I use this form as a learning venue being that I am still a student and you obviously have more experience in the field than I do.

It would seem that management has already negotiated the lowest rate possible. Also if you look at the term loan, they are receiving it from the underwriters. They have a vested interest in DNKN that they will not have in 2017.

How could cost of capital possibly be lower going forward if the current rate is LIBOR +3%? Using stock for raising capital is very costly because it does not take advantage of tax savings and dilutes current shareholders.

Also cost of capital for all firms will be going up as soon as the fed stops easy monetary policy and interest rates rise. Doesn't this make DNKN vulnerable?
    Jan 12 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • America Should Run From Dunkin' [View article]
    I would also like to ask you, in 2017 where in your models do have the federal funds rate? DNKN could easily be caught trying to roll over a large amount of debt in a high interest environment. Very similar to highly levered companies and individuals in 2008.
    Jan 12 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment