Derrick Lilly

View Derrick Lilly's Comments BY TICKER:
  • U.S. Tobacco Industry Suffers Slow Death: Altria Trading At Premium Despite Major Headwinds [View article]
    But what about their cigar and wine businesses, and the large stake in SAB Miller? What happens when marijuana because legalized across the nation, which it likely will in time, tobacco companies have a wide infrastructure for marketing and distribution, lobbying, etc....
    Jan 30, 2015. 05:40 PM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: McEwen Mining Reports Record Production, Stellar Guidance [View article]
    Argentina "may" not weigh on the share price, it HAS weighed on the price, for several years, and MUX hasn't been able to unload Los Azules as it had hoped to when commencing at El Gallo. That's unlikely to change when copper is in the gutter and PMs are failing to sustain a meaningful move higher.
    Jan 16, 2015. 08:59 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seaspan Corporation Is An Attractive Dividend Stock [View article]
    I've been long SSW for years. Great company and management. It's too bad they get lumped in with other shippers where the share price gets banged around when there are challenges in the oil and dry bulk areas. People don't seem to understand that that's not their market and their business is based on very long term fixed rate charters.
    Jan 12, 2015. 09:35 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Midday Gainers / Losers [View news story]
    I'm not snippy, and I don't what the "internets" are. Do you mean the Internet?

I think I made a comment regarding the sanctions where I linked to an article that suggested the language/terms of the sanctions only impacted dealings proceeding implementation. Whether companies decide to honor the sanctions for moral/political reasoning rather than actual legal requirements are different stories.

And the reason your comments get deleted is because people report them because you continually link to your blog on a third-party site for self-promotion and try to incite arguments rather than intellectual discussions.
    Nov 19, 2014. 03:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Midday Gainers / Losers [View news story]
    Quit spamming SA with your useless blog posts.
    Nov 19, 2014. 02:34 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Gran Colombia Reports Weak Earnings - Will The Company Go Bankrupt? [View article]
    The property has a lot of potential. I think they would seek a JV deal or asset sales before going bankrupt...
    Nov 15, 2014. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: U.S. Silver & Gold To Merge With Scorpio Mining [View article]
    The combined company may be better, but that is a pretty low acquisition valuation.
    Nov 10, 2014. 11:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kratos Defense And Security Systems: Is Everyone Wrong About This Stock? [View article]
    What intrigued me most was this:

"With the objective of enhancing shareholder value, Kratos also announced today that its Board of Directors has retained an investment banking firm to assist it in formally reviewing its businesses, markets and competitive positioning and to evaluate strategic alternatives, including the potential divestment of certain of its non-core businesses."

With all of their contracts being contested and government delays, I just don't have a lot of confidence in fast revenue growth to turn sentiment around. Wish I had gotten out at $9. Even when they announce contract wins, the shares don't react much anymore. I feel like this may be dead money without them being acquired.
    Nov 7, 2014. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Are you joking? The stock is down 12% in after hours after the earnings report.
    Nov 7, 2014. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kratos Receives Unmanned Aerial Drone System Program Contract Award [View article]
    Too bad the shares continue to slide.
    Oct 6, 2014. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Latest Rig Market Developments Bad News For North Sea Drillers [View article]
    Agree, saratogahawk needs to become a contributor. So much good information is being lost in the shuffle of comments on these poor articles.
    Sep 30, 2014. 10:41 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Latest Rig Market Developments Bad News For North Sea Drillers [View article]
    How is NADL the focus ticker symbol of this article when you don't reveal any new information or insight about the stock or its contracts? You also contradict yourself, saying the sanctions halted the Exxon/Rosneft project in one paragraph, then in a following paragraph you say the West Alpha is currently working for the Exxon/Rosneft venture. So which is it? Everything I have seen suggests West Alpha was coming off the project for the winter and would be relocated for other Exxon work regardless of the sanctions. Sorry to be snippy. I'm just tired of all of the articles related to SDRL that regurgitate the same stuff over and over and provide little substance.
    Sep 30, 2014. 10:20 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McEwen Mining And Marlin Gold: Speculative Plays On Gold-Rich Mexico [View article]
    MUX has always traded at a premium because of Rob. So it tends to get beat up easily. I don't even bother worrying about the price anymore because it is so volatile year to year. I just keep waiting for their plans to take off. My position is really a bet on Rob working his magic again before he retires. They had a rough quarter and gold is getting very close to their all-in cost. I think a lot of retail investors that have followed MUX have learned to trade in and out on spikes and dips in order to make gains. When I spent time with MUX at El Gallo a couple years ago, I never thought that it would take so long to meet their goals, or that gold would be as low as it is. Bad call on my behalf. Rob needs to find or acquire a deposit that will rapidly lower their production costs.
    Sep 19, 2014. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fredriksen's right-hand man to leave Seadrill's board [View news story]
    What would help is some damage control by IR and management. Maybe some open market purchases by insiders. Maybe some news on whether the sanctions can actually impact the Rosneft partnership or not??? I find it odd that despite the slide from the 52-week high, management has really done nothing to stem the negative news flow.
    Sep 19, 2014. 03:47 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fredriksen's right-hand man to leave Seadrill's board [View news story]
    He is leaving one Fredriksen company to increase his role in growing another. Sounds terrible. Golar is going to look to capitalize on rising shipping rates and demand for LNG. As involved as he is with the network of Fredriksen companies, I see no reason why he would sell his shares in SDRL. I also doubt this is real reason for the fall in SDRL today... anyone see how NADL is taking a beating as well?
    Sep 19, 2014. 03:35 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment