Dhierin Bechai

View Dhierin Bechai's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why The Airbus A380 Is On A Dead Track And Will Be Beaten By The Boeing 777X [View article]
    The market will boom in the coming decades, first South East Asia, after that South America. With proper market research and making efficient aircraft Boeing will be able to maintain and expand its position in the market.
    Aug 26 07:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi habcook,
    thanks for reading. Nice to see some (Boeing) engineers on here.
    Aug 21 10:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I can write about the short coming of both companies and then in one article the Boeing people would tell me I write nonsense, in another article the Airbus people would tell me I write nonsense.

1) The A350-1000 transports 57 less passengers and transports less cargo (The A350 is a close competitor for the 777-9X, but not a direct one), so although looking at the A350-1000 vs 777X is interesting (and will be done in another article) I think the -1000 will be the weaker member when being compared with the the 777X.
    The timing for the 777 is not great, I also pointed that out in one of my articles: http://seekingalpha.co...
    I made this comparison with the A380 for the following reason:
    a) The A380 initially was there to replace the 747-400 and multiple 777X flights. On some routes it might be more profitable for airlines to use the 777X instead of the A380.
    b) Some operators/customers of the A380 such as Eithad, Emirates, Qatar and Lufthansa also ordered the 777X

2) Unless orders for the 747-8F will roll in the 747 program is pretty much dead.

3) I have been working on such an article for a while and doing research for it, but it is a tough one, since there is no info to be found about it (as you mentioned).

This article is nonsense if you want it to be. One of the reasons the comparison with the 777X is there because Airbus claimed the A380 could replace multiple 777 flights by 1 A380 flight, with the 777X being more fuel efficient this might change for some A380 flights.

They will have to re-engine it... so in the end you agree with the last sentence I wrote of my article ;).
    Aug 20 03:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • EADSF: What Is New On The Airbus A330neo? [View article]
    Hi groygroy,
    I am writing an article regarding the possible competition between the neo and the 787 at the moment, but it is a lot of research and reading that I have to do first. So it might take a while before the final article will be published.
    Aug 20 01:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The ability to transport 118 more passengers surely is an advantage, but taking into account the cargo the 777X can transport I don't know how big that advantage is. Some airlines that ordered the 777X, might decide to replace the A380 on some routes with a lower occupancy rate.... thereby competing in the lower side of the market segment the Airbus A380 is in.
    Aug 20 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I wouldn't write it off either, but Airbus has to come up with something to save the program.
    Aug 19 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If you would have done your own research, since you pretend to be very knowledgable on the subject, you would have found as well that the zero lift drag components are respectively 40% and 50% lower compared to other airliners.

Normally I would help you out and give you the values to prove you wrong, but since you feel the need to be rude, I am going to let you look for the values yourself.
    Aug 19 01:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Airbus has the A350, but that airplane will have a very hard time competing with the 777X and 787. Stretching the A350 could be an option, but I don't think we will see that airplane on the market until the A350 production is stable.
    Aug 19 11:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    As a fan of aviation it is sad to see the 747 program being so slow, as an investor I'd say the best product will survive and will make stocks fly higher.
    Aug 19 10:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't think 3 engine airplanes will be a thing manufacturers will be looking at. Probably the only reason manufacturers came up with Trijets is to avoid the 60 minutes rule (all airplanes with 2 engines were required to be never spaced apart more than 60 minutes from an airport).

Since the introduction of ETOPS certification this workaround is not needed anymore.
    Aug 19 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    When prices for jet fuel drop airlines will do indeed focus on transporting more passengers per flight, but I don't expect a drop very soon (when looking at the long term graph).
    Aug 19 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You might want to google 'A350neo' there is no such thing as an A350 with a New Engine Option (NASDAQ:NEO).... Airbus has an Airbus A350XWB (eXtra Wide Body).
    It is not a misconception... I know about the hub-spoke or point-to-point system, but that has nothing to do with it in this case as I am pointing out that the 777-9X could replace the Airbus A380 may it be on a point-to-point or hub-spoke network.

For some commenters it would be very much to your credit to:
    1. Do part of your own research work, before claiming there is an A350neo
    2. Read the article itself, before claiming I am 'comparing apples with oranges' or using words such as "author's misconception".

If you read the article you can see why I think the 777-9X might be the better option (lower fuel burn, transports over 400 people as well, more revenue from under-floor cargo).

Sometimes I read comments and I get the idea one didn't even took the time to read my article. This is one of those comments....
    Aug 18 08:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Applying new engines to the A380 wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion, customers such as Emirates are waiting for it and it is cheaper than designing a new super jumbo.
    Aug 18 05:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank for reading, thermus!
    Aug 18 05:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for your reply, alpine. Good to see that people are able to learn a thing or two from my articles. The A350 and A320neo indeed will determine Airbus' success. But I do think it is necessary to look at the A380 as well, since Airbus claims there really is a big market for those airplanes and additionally Airbus gambled a lot of money on the A380 program.
    Aug 18 05:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment