View as an RSS Feed
View Diamond Technology Management's Articles BY TICKER:
Merger Provides No Upside For Zillow At Current Valuation
- Shorting Technology Companies On High Valuations Is Dangerous Because Of M&A Potential, Such As What Happened With Zillow And Trulia.
- The Upside Of Consolidation Appears Priced In At Current Levels With Zillow Offering Limited Upside.
- Zillow Produced A Great Quarter With Strong Top Line Growth.
- Current Valuation And Risk Of Deal Closing Leave Limited Upside.
- The Question Remains Though What If Anything Will Cause Stock To Correct To Reasonable Valuation?
Chegg Is A Buy On Digital Growth Prospects And Current Attractive Valuation
Tue, Aug. 5 • Comment!
- Chegg Grew Top Line Revenue 15% Compared To Q2 2013.
- Digital Revenue(The Real Growth Story) Grew 54% Year Over Year.
- Company Is Projecting Positive Free Cash Flow For 2014.
- Book Value Provides Some Downside Protection Trading At Roughly Two Times Book Value Versus AMZN Thirteen Times Book Value.
- Valuation Is Attractive Relative To High Growth Internet Peers At 1.7 Times Revenue.
Why You Should Consider Investing In Man's Best Friend
- Company is uniquely positioned at the intersection of enormous markets.
- Kindred Biosciences has a world class team with veterinary and human drug development experience.
- Company offers investors a deep pipeline to diversify the risk.
- Major launches set to begin in 2015.
The Zillow Short Instruction Manual
- Zillow Is A Victim Of Its Own Success, Now Hopelessly Overvalued.
- Insiders Including CEO Have Been Selling Shares Consistently Within The Month.
- Even bullish sell-side analysts only project limited upside from current levels.
- Zillow Operates In Enormous Markets But Valuation Already Reflects This.
- Any Slowdown In Growth, Margins, Or A General Market Sell-Off Could Send Stock Crashing.
Zulily Average Revenue Per Baby Looking Good
- Zulily is the leading mom brand, a site which is fun and engaging for moms shopping online.
- Strong technology platform with expansive mobile presence.
- Strong balance sheet and moving toward profitability.
- Valuation is expensive at 5 times trailing revenue and 84 times forward 2015 earnings.
Why Ziopharm Looks Worth Adding To Your Biotechnology Portfolio Pipeline
- Company has ability to deliver DNA and stimulate a controlled therapeutic immune response.
- Investor returns drive by multiple products and collaborations, not one or two.
- Intrexon partnership is expanding pipeline.
- Numerous upcoming clinical milestones.
- High short interest makes this more interesting long investment.
Einstein Noah: Could This Be The Next Dunkin Donuts
- Strong unit economics on a per store basis.
- Shareholder friendly management with history of dividends and share repurchases.
- Growing base of stores with ability to significantly expand product offerings.
- Company has grown same store sales 10 of the last 12 quarters.
- Greenlight’s large equity position is major risk factor.
Insider Selling Foretelling Of Zillow Falling 30% Post Short Squeeze
- Zillow's common equity is currently in a bubble due to the large short interest.
- Insiders, including CEO, are selling their shares at these record prices (Why wouldn't they...).
- Zillow operates in an enormous market; however, most of this growth is priced in at a forward price to earnings ratio of 160.
- Zillow has limited upside potential in the next 18 months and large downside risk.
- Timing a Zillow short can be tough, as most of this analysis was true when the stock was at $70 per share a year ago.
Why I Closed My Sears Long Position
- There is no timeline on a catalyst to correct SHLD stock value to its intrinsic sum of the parts valuation.
- Real estate may be worth $100 a share but there is no time horizon on when/If it will ever be monetized.
- There are other investment opportunities that have more catalysts to correct current stock price to intrinsic value.
- Only recent catalysts have been hedge funds taking large positions in the company, earnings have not functioned as catalyst because EBITDA trends are horrific.
- Lands End spin-off removes one of only lucrative segments.
Earnings Could Function As Catalyst For Chegg
- Recent acquisition of student deals platform is first of many acquisitions to come.
- Management discussion of digital transition could help to correct market's view that Chegg is a "Textbook Company."
- View Chegg's print revenue as a floor on the stock price with digital business offering substantial upside.
Chegg's Digital Business Alone Justifies Current Share Price
- Sum of The Parts Analysis Yields Significant Upside Potential.
- Chegg Can Eventually Move Into Career Sector And Challenge Linkedin.
- Chegg is analagous to Netflix in its misunderstood business model transition.
Chegg Could Double
- CHGG's transition away from textbook sales and rental offers substantial growth for investors.
- Margin profile of CHGG likely to improve dramatically with non-print transition.
- Valuation is acceptable at current levels given revenue growth profile.
- Chegg Sell-Off Creates Opportunity
- Get Educated On Chegg And Make Some Money
- Is Regado Biosciences Worth Adding To Your Biotech Portfolio?
- Deckers: Why The Short Interest Is So High
- Luxury At An Affordable Price: Why Coach Looks Appealing
- The Biggest Loser: A Compelling Short Opportunity In Vivus
- Long Case For Sears: A Balance Sheet Story
- Zillow: A Short-Term Short But A Long-Term Business
- Skullcandy: Not Dead Yet