View as an RSS Feed
View Diesel's Articles BY TICKER:
Did Archer Daniels Midland Get A Good Deal By Acquiring Wild Flavors?
- The food industry is changing rapidly, as the preference of consumers change.
- Food companies struggle to combine nutritional value with good taste.
- ADM should be able to fill this gap with the help of Wild Flavors.
Just How Big Is GE's Alstom Deal?
- GE is buying 3 of Alstom's 4 business units and a joint venture is being set-up.
- Although Alstom had a relatively weak year, things are improving for the company.
- Synergies between the two companies will maximize the benefits of the deal.
What Do Nokia's Recent Acquisitions Tell Us?
- Nokia now has plenty of cash to spend on new initiatives.
- The company's recent acquisitions tell us a lot about the company's new direction.
- The company will be focusing more on "big data" to differentiate itself from the competition.
Did Oracle Get A Good Deal By Acquiring MICROS Systems?
- Oracle recently acquired MICROS Systems for $5.3 billion.
- This acquisition makes sense when we look at it fundamentally.
- MICROS Systems complements the existing Oracle products in several industries.
Did Alcoa Get A Good Deal By Acquiring Firth Rixson?
- Alcoa is changing its business model to focus more on engineered-products and less on raw materials to improve its margins.
- The Firth Rixson acquisition makes sense due to the product integration and a huge potential of the two companies together.
- The company's high level of debt is likely to increase further and keep some investors on the sideline.
Microsoft: Worth More Than $37.07 Per Share
- A recent article claimed that Microsoft is worth $37.07 per share by using discounted cash flow analysis.
- Microsoft's current cash reserves and stock buybacks were excluded from this analysis.
- Adding these two factors into equation allows a much better valuation of the company.
American Investors Should Not Ignore This Car Company
- Toyota gets largely ignored by American investors since most of the attention goes to Ford, GM and Tesla.
- Toyota is unique as it has been able to post profitable growth in all segments (from cheap sedans to the luxury brand, Lexus).
- The company is cheap both in terms of trailing and forward figures.
Are Ford's Bonds Preferable To Ford's Stock?
- Ford's stock performance has been pretty flat in the last 10 years.
- Many people buy Ford's stock because of the dividends but those investors can also benefit from Ford's bonds.
- Since we are in a low-interest environment initiated by the Fed, it pays to be extra cautious when it comes to investing in bonds.
- Whether to buy Ford's stock or bonds will depend on one's circumstances, timing and goal.
How NOT To Pick Your Stocks
- Being able to identify some of the most common pitfalls of stock investment is pretty helpful.
- Having a long-term horizon, keeping emotions out, and examining the "big picture" are very crucial.
- There is no substitute for doing your own homework; investors should conduct sufficient research before making any investment decision.
- Pepsi Offers An Attractive Entry Point
- Community Health Systems Is One Cheap Stock
- This Is Why I Bought IRobot Today
- Abercrombie & Fitch Is Not On Sale
- Don't Miss The Google Train, It's Taking Off Soon
- Don't Buy Into Telefonica's Valuation
- Did RadioShack Just Become A Buy?
- Novartis Looks Very Attractive At This Price
- Who Is The King Of The Defense Industry?
- Is Chipotle Overvalued? Let's Compare It With Peers
- Why I'm Bullish on PetSmart
- Nike Will Continue To Deliver Strong Results
- Why Philip Morris Is Falling
- BP Is Too Risky For Me
- Disney: A Stock To Hold Forever
- For Courageous Investors, It's Time To Buy European Banks
- Will Nokia Continue To Yield 10% In Dividends?
- Where Will Exxon Mobil Be In 2040?
- Chipotle's Correction Overdue - Hold Your Positions
- Johnson Controls Looks Attractive At This Price
- Carnival Corp Is Still A Buy
- This Is Why I Will Buy IBM Post Earnings Regardless Of The Results
- U.S. Markets Have Built Up Eurozone Tolerance