Dividend Garden

View Dividend Garden's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Box office: Strong expectations for Guardians of the Galaxy [View news story]
    Was it John Carter?
    Jul 30 02:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hershey Co declares $0.535 dividend [View news story]
    Thanks for the raise, $HSY!
    Jul 24 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca Cola keeps $1B annual Mexico investment [View news story]
    I wonder if marketing & advertising is included in the $1 billion of "investing".
    Jul 17 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel beats by $0.02, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Link to the press release http://bit.ly/1ktwf2u;ReleasesType=
    Jul 15 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel beats by $0.02, beats on revenue [View news story]
    CFO commentary says that diluted shares outstanding is flat to prior year at 5.1 billion shares, but he doesn't list the exact amounts.

However, if you dig into the P&L that they just released, it shows that diluted shares outstanding increased from 5,106 billion shares to 5.123 billion shares outstanding.

It's frustrating to me that their opening paragraph on the press release touts how they bought back 74 million shares for over $2 billion. So, that means this shareholder money went to the execs...again.
    Jul 15 04:11 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Starbucks cuts the cord [View news story]
    Yes, it is. Procter & Gamble owns Duracell.
    Jun 12 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Hi, SamAnon. I meant to say large company, not new company. Thanks for catching that. I consider the yield solid because it's payout ratio is very low at 21% and it's well-covered by over $9/share of cash on the books.

Thanks for reading.
    Jun 6 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere & Company's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Hi, James. I took the largest companies by market cap from the "Farm and Construction Machinery" industry within the "Industrial Goods" sector. I realize that there are many ways to categorize companies, so you could make an argument to select different competitors for comparison. To me, this seemed like an intelligent way to provide some relative comparison for the sake of discussion.

Thanks for reading.
    Jun 4 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere & Company's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Also, real quick, I don't consider this click-bait. That certainly isn't my intent. I simply like to see increasing dividends and declining share counts. I use a consistent format to write about these, but my motivations are sincere. I own these companies, and I try to highlight some of the reasons in my articles.

Thanks for reading.
    Jun 4 11:06 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere & Company's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Hi, DoctoRx. Thanks for reading.

Looking 5 years out, analysts expect EPS to be higher at an annualized rate of 8%. EPS will probably decline this year, yes, that's true, but looking further out, EPS should be much higher. Part of this is due to share buybacks, part of this is due to revenue growth or other factors, such as expense reduction.
    Jun 4 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere & Company's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Hi, PotomacLord, fellow shareholder. DE will pay out more in dividends for 2014 than it did in 2013, which was more than it paid out in 2012, etc... This is how the CCC list is compiled. DE is a Dividend Contender on the list, and many DGI own it for this reason. Thanks for reading.
    Jun 4 10:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere & Company increases dividend by 18 percent [View article]
    Thanks for the raise, DE!
    May 28 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New App Enhancement Connects Coca-Cola Freestyle® with Users to Dispense Their Own Personal Beverage Mix [View article]
    Genius.
    May 5 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ameriprise Financial, Inc. declares $0.06 dividend [View news story]
    Woohoo! A 12% raise!
    Apr 29 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ameriprise sets $2.5B buyback [View news story]
    Awesome! Thanks for the raise, AMP!
    Apr 29 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment