Dividend Garden

View Dividend Garden's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Undervalued ConocoPhillips Continues To Outperform [View article]
    I agree wholeheartedly. COP is a great holding, and an undervalued one, at that. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Nov 4, 2013. 10:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Northrop Grumman Is Undervalued Right Now [View article]
    Personally, I'm not familiar with LLL, but I've held NOC for a long time and am very comfortable with them. I feel that they are conservative, have a very low payout ratio, buyback shares at a strong rate, and have so much cash on hand that I would rather have a position with them. What are everyone else's thoughts?
    Oct 31, 2013. 11:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Thanks for commenting, ArtLvr. I read that the inflation rates that are used for social security COLA's are the Core CPI, which excludes food and energy from the CPI. I would think that where most Americans feel inflation is with the food that they purchase and the price they pay at the pump. This seems to be a poor design for inflation calculations. Am I missing something?
    Oct 28, 2013. 07:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Thanks for commenting, combatcorpsmanVN. I do think that share prices fluctuations are not worth paying attention to for long term owners. I like the drops for adding to existing positions or reinvesting dividends, but I gauge the size of my portfolio by the dividend income, not the total market value. I actually wrote an article called "Does Share Price Really Matter?", but it was rejected by the SA editors. It probably would have stirred up a hornet's nest, though.
    Oct 28, 2013. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Thanks, Mosheoskar. It's not often that beta comes up in conversation. I do tend to prefer low-beta companies, but it's not really something I pay attention to other than just seeing what it is. I've noticed that my companies perform well regardless of beta, and I don't think that beta really captures risk, as it's touted by a lot of talking heads. Does anyone else have an opinion on beta?
    Oct 28, 2013. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    I agree with you on this, StepUp. I always prefer dividends to stock buybacks. I wonder if that's the case for all DGI'ers. However, I love that the outstanding share count is also being reduced every quarter. It's the icing on the cake for me. Thanks for commenting!
    Oct 28, 2013. 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Northrop Grumman Is Undervalued Right Now [View article]
    It sounds like you know what you're talking about. I agree on those points.
    Oct 24, 2013. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Northrop Grumman Is Undervalued Right Now [View article]
    They are always buying back stock. According to the recent earnings release, there were 232.6 million shares outstanding, but there were 237.5 million shares outstanding for the prior quarter. That's over 2% of shares outstanding in one quarter!
    Oct 24, 2013. 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Thanks, Bahamas. I did a quick check and got that 52 week high from finviz.
    Oct 23, 2013. 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northrop Grumman beats by $0.30, beats on revenues [View news story]
    Looks like I was right! http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 23, 2013. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dr Pepper Snapple beats by $0.05, misses on revenues [View news story]
    Called it! http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 23, 2013. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Activism In The Oil Patch Is Paying Major Dividends [View article]
    Good article on COP. I agree that it is very well positioned. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 23, 2013. 10:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric's Hidden Source Of Value [View article]
    Did they reach a deal today?
    Oct 15, 2013. 06:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on Intel: Q4 revenue guidance light, Q3 gross margin strong [View news story]
    Right, the PR says 24 million, but the CFO comments say only 6 million. Did they grant themselves 18 million shares?
    Oct 15, 2013. 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CFO comments said that total shares outstanding decreased by only 6 million shares from Q2. That doesn't seem like very many, given that there are over 5 billion shares outstanding.
    Oct 15, 2013. 04:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment