Dividend Growth Investor

View Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Target: The Underdog Dividend Champion To Consider On Further Weakness [View article]
    I find it very odd when I see someone commenting under every article written on TGT on Seeking Alpha. That is a fact. Yes, I am not sure what your motivations for constantly talking against Target are. I have my full disclosure here. You don't.

I find it very odd that any time when I post on my site, dividendgrowthinvestor... and mention TGT, someone posts insulting comments against the company and myself. That is every single time.

I view those items with extreme suspicion. Hence I am mentioning those.

Some investors project recent weakness into perpetuity. Others find the all the problems with credit cards and Canada are already priced in.

Only the future will tell who makes money. Let's talk back in 10 years.
    Sep 9, 2014. 11:32 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eaton Corporation: A Hidden Dividend Gem To Consider [View article]
    Hi Sneaker,

I hold ETN in a taxable account, and the dividend I received did not have any taxes withheld. I used Interactive Brokers.

Best Regards,

DGI
    Sep 4, 2014. 09:19 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • George Soros Is Betting Against The Market And Why Investors Should Take Notice [View article]
    I have been investing in dividend paying stocks since early 2008, by putting money to work for me every month. I look for businesses I can understand, which have catalysts to grow earnings per share going forward, are attractively valued today, and will pay me higher dividends in the future. My holding period is forever, although in my case that could be anywhere from 30 to 50 years. I could not care less if George Soros is long the Yen, short the Bund or is selling straddles on the e-mini's or Noodles.
    Sep 3, 2014. 09:00 AM | 58 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wesco Air: A Buffett-Like Small Cap Held By A Successful Yet Lesser Known Buffett Disciple [View article]
    This is a very nice article, since it provides me with links to further resources for my research. I liked your process of analyzing the company, even if I may not buy it
    Aug 26, 2014. 07:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Will Start Social Security At Age 62 [View article]
    Actually this is a pretty good article. Essentially, by taking SS early, you are not fore-going 8% annual increases, but much lower annual increases ( due to the COLA adjusstments). This is something that I have not seen written out anywhere else before.

At the end of the day, the decision to take SS early, at 66/67 or late depends on many factors. It is a highly personal choice. I for example expect to move small portions of regular IRA or 401K money into Roth IRA, without triggering any tax liabilities. Therefore, if I haven't done that by age of 62, I would postpone taking SS benefits for as long as possible.

Of course, if I had already done this, I would much rather spend SS first than spend my dividend income. When I die, the SS benefit is mostly lost out to whoever inherits my money ( family, charity etc). But the dividend checks would likely be there after I am gone, paying for whatever they need to pay for.
    Aug 26, 2014. 01:45 PM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: A Wide-Moat Stock To Hold Forever [View article]
    Your data shows that dividends paid in 1998 were more or equal to those paid in 1997. Those in 1999 were more or equal to those paid in 1998.

You have the data showing you that DIS paid more each year to shareholders, yet you are still making a wrong call. Come on RAS, you can do better than that.

The sad part is DIS does not show dividend history on their website.
    Aug 19, 2014. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: A Reliable Dividend Machine To Hold Forever [View article]
    I guess I want ROE to be steady over a ten year period ( some fluctuation is normal). It would also be nice if it is high - say over 15% - 20%. I see ROE as a proxy for returns for incremental capital that is put to work.
    Aug 17, 2014. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PepsiCo: Wide Moat Dividend Champion To Hold Forever [View article]
    Nice catch RAS..

Yep, I meant PEP not PG.. Submitted edits..

By the way, I have been following you for a while, and as I have gained some knowledge, I was wondering why do you do a SEP IRA and not a solo 401k?
    Aug 14, 2014. 09:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Yield Or Dividend Growth: My Experience With Both [View article]
    I try to get a little smarter every day. I someone doesn't like that, and doesn't want to hear something that doesn't go well with their preconceived notions, I am totally fine if they never read my work again.

If they want to insult me, insult my work, and call me names, that is not ok. I am actually happy that WMHilger1 will never read my articles again. I am hopeful he starts reading the work of other authors here. He is the type of reader I don't want to have - he gets something free of charge, he is unhappy with that, and wants to take resources he feels he is entitled to.
    Aug 11, 2014. 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MLPs - Yes, They're Okay In Your IRA And Other Tax Questions Answered [View article]
    I held EPD in 2011, 2012 and 2013, and my UBTI (line 20V) was negative in all three years. I have held OKS in 2012, and 2013, and the UBTI was negative in both years.

I did sell a portion of EPD in late 2013, and the rest at the very end of 2013, but that is another problem.

I am holding some OKS in an IRA.

This article is offering good information actually. My only objection is that per my research, when your basis in an MLP goes to zero, distributions are taxed at the preferential dividends/capital gains tax rates
    Aug 7, 2014. 02:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Unilever Deserves To Be In Your Portfolio [View article]
    Actually, I don't think Unilever has ever cut dividends. For foreign based companies, I always go with the dividend in the local currency. In Unilever's case, I think they report the dividend in Euro, and then translate it into whatever else currency ( pounds, dollars etc)

Aug 6, 2014. 11:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: A Reliable Dividend Machine To Hold Forever [View article]
    Thank you for reading. Unfortunately, I cannot provide with personalized investment advice, since everyone's circumstances are different.

Good luck in your dividend investing journey!
    Aug 6, 2014. 09:51 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: A Reliable Dividend Machine To Hold Forever [View article]
    Yes, finding a quality management talent is indeed challenging. The company is very large, but it is also type of company which can be run by a pumpkin ( Lafley is not an idiot, he is smart). If you get a good manager though, PG can do well for long-term shareholders.
    Aug 6, 2014. 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: A Reliable Dividend Machine To Hold Forever [View article]
    Are you reading my mind?

I was planning on doing something like that in the next few weeks. I can probably look at each separately..
    Aug 6, 2014. 09:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: A Reliable Dividend Machine To Hold Forever [View article]
    You are correct, this does sound confusing. I will try to submit an edit.

In all fairness, this is a great company to hold forever, but it is my top 10 position. Which means for me, I would add to PG if I have the cash and I am low on other attractive ideas. Of course, if PG drops a lot to say below $70, I might consider adding there. My decision to buy a stock is sometimes complicated by a lot of factors, but is mostly dependent on what is available out there and the price at which it is available. For example, I bought WAG this morning, for the first time in almost an year and a half. Hope it goes down further.
    Aug 6, 2014. 09:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment