Dividend Growth Investor

View Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Dividend Stock Bubble [View article]
    Colgate-Palmolive is selling for 23 times forward earnings, which is pricey, but not expensive enough to justify selling, paying taxes, and re-investing that reduced amount in another company today.

For anyone who holds CL, it is a decent dividend grower that will only grow EPS and DPS over time. I don't see how the end of quantitative easing will change the fact that people brush their teeth.
    Nov 14, 2014. 10:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs Are Prime-Time Players, Baby! [View article]
    I agree now is not a wise time to be buying most REITs. However, it is always a good time to be holding on if you have a long-term view (10-15-20 yrs) and collecting those dividends and allocating them elsewhere.
    Nov 14, 2014. 09:34 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Key Ingredients For Successful Dividend Investing [View article]
    You might find this helpful as a guideline:

1) http://bit.ly/1p6rnbM

2) http://bit.ly/1h6A4ti

Best Regards,

Dividend Growth Investor
    Oct 30, 2014. 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Portfolio Keeping You Up At Night? Take One Of These [View article]
    If "markets" are making you feel uneasy, perhaps you should not be focusing exclusively on the stock price. You should develop a system where you invest every month in individual businesses, which share with you a portion of their profits paid to yours truly every quarter. Those payments are always positive, they are more stable than relying on capital gains, and they have historically grown faster than the rate of inflation.

This strategy is of course called dividend growth investing, and many retirees have found it to be the best method to live off their nest eggs.
    Oct 16, 2014. 07:45 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Yield Or Dividend Growth: My Experience With Both [View article]
    WMHilger1,

So you lost a ton of money chasing high yielding stocks, yet when someone tells you that chasing yield could be dangerous, you stick to chasing high yielding stocks and then you are rude to them and their work?

I am going to stick to my original response to you:

" I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    Oct 5, 2014. 12:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Article Bought Me 2 Shares Of Kinder Morgan [View article]
    ED has not cut dividends since 1974 - 1975.

They have not cut dividends in the past 12 years.
    Oct 3, 2014. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Article Bought Me 2 Shares Of Kinder Morgan [View article]
    So Eli,

That is a great article. The real power of the 2 shares you will buy from this article is if you put them in a Roth IRA(or worse -a SEP IRA) , then reinvested those dividends for say 30 years.

Based on my calculations, you would be able to earn close to $50/year in annual dividend income in 30 years, if you merely reinvested those KMI dividends into more dividend paying shares.

Now, if you wrote 1000 articles today/ worked 1000 days at a job/, and you reinvested that money for 30 years, you can theoretically expect to be earning $50K/year in dividends. The purchasing power would be close to $20-$24K in 2014 dollars.. But still, not bad ;-) ( of course, you should diversify and hold more than one stock)
    Oct 3, 2014. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Article Bought Me 2 Shares Of Kinder Morgan [View article]
    I believe ED cut the dividend in 1974-1975.

Could you please send your source about the 1954 cut? I like looking at dividend histories going as far back as possible.?
    Oct 3, 2014. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's the Charlie Munger show at Daily Journal annual meeting [View news story]
    This guy is a genius, yet he is so humble!
    Sep 11, 2014. 10:57 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Target: The Underdog Dividend Champion To Consider On Further Weakness [View article]
    The fact that you are unable to provide link to the specific research for the $4.5 billion that support your thesis makes me question your motives even more.

I will proceed, and question another statement you said "Retail experts in the US and Canada are not able to name one...so let us know." Name those experts, and how you obtained this information.

I am wondering, why is a high net worth investor spending all of their time commenting under articles that mention Target?

The lesson that people like Kevin are missing is that the best time to buy stocks (or any other asset) is typically when there is a lot of negative press about it. Of course, nothing is certain, but in the aggregate, this has been a successful strategy. Most ordinary investors project the past into the future, and end up missing the forest for the trees.

With that, I am going to go back to projects that deliver high ROI on my time. It is surprising that for someone like me who is not a high networth investor ( whatever that means) it is more profitable to spend my time doing many other things, rather than debating against a company on an internet board, and posting an opinion behind every article written about that company.
    Sep 9, 2014. 02:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "A US Based consulting firm"

Which one? How did they make the estimate? Please link to the specific study they did.

Target has affluent consumers - that is a fact. You can try to spin it any way you want, but this is a fact.

As far as who can buy 100+ stores - plenty of potential for buyers if that comes true. I don't need to tell you a name of a buyer to prove this is an option. Just as I tell you I can sell my couch/car/apartment/ho... beach property/stock/mutual fund to someone, I don't need to name the name of a specific buyer to prove that it is sale-able and I can obtain value for it.

This is a very remote possibility of course, but it is still an option. You need to think in terms of probabilities, not in terms of certainties.
    Sep 9, 2014. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I find it very odd when I see someone commenting under every article written on TGT on Seeking Alpha. That is a fact. Yes, I am not sure what your motivations for constantly talking against Target are. I have my full disclosure here. You don't.

I find it very odd that any time when I post on my site, dividendgrowthinvestor... and mention TGT, someone posts insulting comments against the company and myself. That is every single time.

I view those items with extreme suspicion. Hence I am mentioning those.

Some investors project recent weakness into perpetuity. Others find the all the problems with credit cards and Canada are already priced in.

Only the future will tell who makes money. Let's talk back in 10 years.
    Sep 9, 2014. 11:32 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eaton Corporation: A Hidden Dividend Gem To Consider [View article]
    Hi Sneaker,

I hold ETN in a taxable account, and the dividend I received did not have any taxes withheld. I used Interactive Brokers.

Best Regards,

DGI
    Sep 4, 2014. 09:19 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • George Soros Is Betting Against The Market And Why Investors Should Take Notice [View article]
    I have been investing in dividend paying stocks since early 2008, by putting money to work for me every month. I look for businesses I can understand, which have catalysts to grow earnings per share going forward, are attractively valued today, and will pay me higher dividends in the future. My holding period is forever, although in my case that could be anywhere from 30 to 50 years. I could not care less if George Soros is long the Yen, short the Bund or is selling straddles on the e-mini's or Noodles.
    Sep 3, 2014. 09:00 AM | 58 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wesco Air: A Buffett-Like Small Cap Held By A Successful Yet Lesser Known Buffett Disciple [View article]
    This is a very nice article, since it provides me with links to further resources for my research. I liked your process of analyzing the company, even if I may not buy it
    Aug 26, 2014. 07:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment