My Top 3 Holdings For 2015
- My top three holdings for 2015 are JNJ, MMM and PEP.
- The 22 securities yield 4.8% as 2015 begins.
- For greater dividend safety, 12 of the 22 holdings are Dividend Champions.
Dover Corporation And How Do You Rank Your Holdings?
- The sharp oil-induced market correction illustrates the need for safety of income.
- What would be your first sale, and what would be the last company you sell?
- Here are two other ways to "rank" your holdings.
- Dover Corporation has been added to my watchlist.
Helmerich & Payne Added To Portfolio
- The November 28 sell-off in the oil patch prompted a purchase of Dividend Champion HP.
- Helmerich & Payne is a long-time leader in the business of contract oil drilling.
- The company has benefited from three generations of CEOs from the Helmerich family.
Bracing For Both Bull And Bear
- The mid-October downturn was an opportunity to rebalance the portfolio.
- Moving toward the goal of a higher percentage of Dividend Champions.
- Safety has become increasingly important.
A Conversation With Prospect's Grier Eliasek
- Prospect's Case for External Management and Control Investments.
- Loan Originations, the Calling Center and Deal Flow.
- Troubled Assets, Debt Structure and the Dividend.
7.7% Yielding Hercules Added To Portfolio
- Hercules Technology Growth Capital is the largest BDC in the venture capital space.
- This internally managed BDC currently yields 7.7%.
- Last week's earnings report may provide a buying opportunity.
UDF: A Single-Family Residential mREIT
- UDF provides capital for developers and builders of single-family residences.
- Think of UDF as a source for short-term "bridge loans" in the strongest US home-building markets.
- I found a place for UDF and its 8.8% yield in my retirement income portfolio.
Hannon Armstrong Added To Portfolio
- I decided to allocate 2.5% of the portfolio to an alternative energy investment.
- Hannon Armstrong Infrastructure is a REIT in the Energy Sector.
- HASI invests in renewable, sustainable energy and provides a 6.4% yield.
2 Champions, 2 Contenders And 2 Newbies Added To Portfolio
- Some stocks were sold to raise cash and lock-in profits.
- Two Dividend Champions, two Dividend Contenders and two newbies were bought.
- The current yield on the portfolio of 44 holdings is 4.9%.
An Alternative Design For A Retirement Income Portfolio
- Here's an alternative to a 60/40 mix or a bond percentage that equals your age.
- Consider a portfolio design that grows the percentage of Dividend Champions over time.
- Design a retirement income plan that will outlive you.
Adding Deere, Tupperware, Mattel And American Capital Properties To Retirement Income Portfolio
- One Industrial Stock and Two Consumer Discretionary Stocks Added.
- One Fast-Rising REIT Added to the Portfolio.
- Six Positions Closed Since 12/31/13.
- A Review of Portfolio Sector Allocations.
Adding Triangle Capital, Main Street Capital And BCE Inc. To Retirement Income Portfolio
- Internal management and greater diversity in BDC land.
- Another telecom added to the portfolio.
- Holding at 45--Nothing new currently on the shopping list.
Retirement Income Portfolio: A Stronger Focus On Dividend Champions
- Revisions to the portfolio reflect a greater priority on dividend growth.
- Four Dividend Champions have been added to the portfolio since 12/31/13.
- WGL Holdings was discovered by gleaning David Fish's list of Dividend Champions.
The BDC Portion Of My Portfolio
- Recent articles about PSEC prompted me to review my BDC sector allocation.
- It is difficult, if not impossible, to know which BDC loans will survive the next recession.
- Given the inherent risks and all the unknowns, diversification is crucial for BDC investors.
- Natural Resource Partners: One Response To The Distribution Cut
- 4 Stocks Added To Retirement Income Portfolio
- How Do You Know When You've Found 'Alpha'?
- Buying Opportunities In REITs And UTEs
- Watchlist For Premium Value Stocks On Sale
- Revised Retirement Income Portfolio
- 7 Additions To Retirement Income Portfolio
- It Helps To Have A Shopping List
Perspective, Goals And Plans
Jun. 10, 2013 • 6 Comments
- Shopping List Revisited
Update On Retirement Income Portfolio
Jun. 10, 2013 • 4 Comments
- What Is Mr. Market's Mood Today?
Time To Build A Shopping List
Apr. 8, 2013 • 47 Comments
- Prospect Capital: Realty Income Added To Portfolio
- PennantPark Added To Retirement Portfolio
- A Retirement Income Portfolio Update
- A Retirement Income Portfolio