Dividends#1

View Dividends#1's Comments BY TICKER:
    PendragonY,

Excellent comment!
    May 21, 2015. 07:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    peteraahunt,

I do not agree with your assessment. We all have a right to our opinion, only time will tell which opinions are correct and which ones were not correct.

I love PendragonY's response to you below.

PendragonY states " Don't get caught in the dividend yield trap!"

There is no such trap. The trap is your mindset that thinks you must always be ready to sell your shares."

I fully agree with him.

I have started my new business and will not have much time to write for SA, so I have to apologize to my readers, however I am 100% committed to my new business.

I wish all here the best of luck.

Find what works for you, do your own DD and have conviction.
    May 21, 2015. 07:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    lobeta,

Thanks and good luck to you as well.

Based on the facts below, the chance of bankruptcy is extremely unlikely. Enron, WorldCom et al were NOT AGENCY MBS "AGNC invests in agency MBS for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency"

One of the most attractive facts regarding AGNC and MTGE (to a lesser degree) is the following:

AGNC invests in agency MBS for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency (such as the Government National Mortgage Association, or GNMA), or a U.S. Government-sponsored entity (such as the Federal National Mortgage Association, or FNMA, and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, or FHLMC).
    May 6, 2015. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi maybenot,

I am going to continue to write quarterly updates on my portfolio. If I make any significant changes I will post it on an instablog, however I have no current plans to make any changes to my retirement portfolio.

Thanks for your kind words and your continued support of my articles, work and ideas. All the best to you.

PS: I have increased my MO position substantially in my NON retirement taxable brokerage account and I might add more in the near future. We fully agree regarding MO.
    May 6, 2015. 12:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency Corporation Is A Strong Buy, The Discount To Book Value Is Compelling [View article]
    Hi the-rebel,

Thanks for the advice.

Be well.
    May 6, 2015. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    johnnyvegas1968,

MO is my best idea. However, I do not plan on only owning 1 stock.

I am not sure what my portfolio will look like in 5 - 10 years.

I do plan on having a large % in MO.

I am not sure how the rest of my portfolio will turn out. If things go well, I would buy back KMI at some point in time.

What will you do with MO when you reach 59 1/2?
    May 6, 2015. 12:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    as10675,

I am very comfortable with my current portfolio.

All the best to you.
    May 6, 2015. 12:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi maybenot,

Thanks for reading and your comments are a joy.

I am looking forward to the MO dividend increase on 8/21/2015.

All the best to you.
    May 6, 2015. 12:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi crazty4tennis,

Thanks for reading and commenting.

I am very comfortable with my current portfolio. After all the dividend reductions and share price declines in 2015, my portfolio is flat with more shares.

All the best to you also.
    May 5, 2015. 11:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Bob Wells,

I have explained my reasoning Ad nauseam

I do not mean to be rude, I am out of more explanations for my reasoning and strategy. I have written extensively within my comments, instablogs and now 7 articles specifically on my retirement portfolio.

Thanks for asking, nevertheless.
    May 5, 2015. 11:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    frrizzo380,

Not sure what you mean by "old MO"?

I like MO better than PM because, as I mentioned in my article I recently learned that the MSA(see p.33) will last " in perpetuity." This fact has led me to conclude that MO's success is important to the 46 states that will continue to receive payments " in perpetuity." I like to know that the majority of the United States depend on MO for income, it makes me more confident that I can depend on them also.

PM is not a part of the MSA. Some might think that is a good thing, I would disagree.

Additionally " I am more bullish than ever regarding MO after the Q1 2015 earnings report. Not only did pricing increase, volumes did not decrease for the first time in a long time. I do not think any analysts predicted the volume upside surprise. This might not be a one-time occurrence; the possibility of a new trend ( the stabilization of cigarette volumes) would be a huge boost to MO's earnings."

From MO's earnings report: "PM USA's 2015 first-quarter reported domestic cigarettes shipment volume increased 1.6%, benefiting from a moderation in the industrys rate of decline, trade inventory movements and retail share gains. When adjusted for trade inventory changes and other factors, PM USA estimates that its first-quarter domestic cigarettes shipment volume was essentially unchanged, and that total industry cigarette volumes declined approximately 0.5% in the first quarter."

I did not look at PM's earnings report, however I would be surprised if their cigarette volume did as well as MO.

Lastly, I think the E-cig business will be a huge win for MO. From my understanding MO is going to be the benificiary of PM distributing E-cigs all over the world for MO and MO's E-cig sales will benefit substantially.
    May 5, 2015. 11:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Brazo264,

Good observation. Here is my answer:

My initial retirement portfolio consisted of MO = 38.3% and AGNC = 40.3% for a total of 78.6% of the entire portfolio.

My current retirement portfolio consists of MO = 46% and AGNC = 42% for a total of 86% of the entire portfolio.

This shows the majority of my investments were and are in MO and AGNC, that has NOT changed. Additionally, since my best idea (most conviction is in MO) I feel very comfortable with 46% of my portfolio being in MO.

I do not plan on making any drastic changes over the next several years. I will probably make some changes based on market conditions. I will continue to monitor my portfolio, however I do not follow it as closely as I used to. I am busy studying and training for my new job. Retirement was not what I thought it would be, so I am getting back into work mode. My goal is to enjoy what I do.
    May 5, 2015. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    lobeta,

I am sleeping well at night. I am grateful that I have been sleeping better the last month than I have in a while.

I have written extensively why I am invested in AGNC and MTGE and my strategy, Here is a link to one of my articles which is also linked in this article. http://bit.ly/1GzDXqO

From my profile, just in case my readers have not looked at my UPDATE

*** I have decided to stop doing nothing ( Retirement). Retirement was not what I had hoped for it to be. Some will love it I guess, not I. ****

I was not successful at being retired because I was unhappy. My net worth is higher today (4/302015) than when I retired, so money is not the reason I am starting a new job (although it will decrease the pressure of my "risky" portfolio having to meet all our retirement expenses and it will be nice to make some more contributions to my SEP IRA and Roth IRA's).

I have come to the realization that I need to have a goal and after I achieve it I need a new goal. I was unable to set goals in retirement that inspired me, my new job goals are inspiring me today and I hope this feeling lasts.
    May 5, 2015. 11:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jimmy37,

If I recap the reasons it will not do my thinking process justice. Please take the time to read all my retirement portfolio articles and you will see why I made the decisions that have led to my current portfolio.

If after reading all my previous retirement portfolio articles you still have questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Here is a link to my articles, I believe there were 6 prior articles regarding my retirement portfolio.
    May 5, 2015. 10:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs can't catch a bid as averages slide [View news story]
    AGNC has done much better than JMI.

Several commenter's were stating that JMI was much better than AGNC ( comments from 2013 and 2014, they know who they are). I recall Darren and a few others who were upbeat about JMI.
    May 4, 2015. 11:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment