Dividends#1

View Dividends#1's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Holy Smoke - My Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows But Doesn't Understand [View article]
    BIH Murdoch,

Kodak - addictive - NO CHECK!

Warren Buffett's thoughts:
    I'll tell you why I like the cigarette business," he explained to Salomon-Chairman John Gutfreund in 1987, according to the book "Barbarians at the Gate." "It costs a penny to make. Sell it for a dollar. It's addictive. And there's fantastic brand loyalty."

Here is another point of view on MO. I wrote the linked article about 9 months ago.

I made a decision in 2011 to invest in MO. I can not find any other stock that I have as much conviction in than MO. I recently doubled my postion in MO.
    Apr 27, 2015. 11:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    domtex1,

The MSA will NOT terminate in 2025 as many have been stating here on SA for years.

I pointed out the fact the MSA is "in perpetuity" here on SA. It will last forever.

You need to read the MSA document. http://bit.ly/1qWvDnK p.33

(c) Annual Payments and Strategic Contribution Payments.
    (1) On April 15, 2000 and on April 15 of each year thereafter in perpetuity, each
    Original Participating Manufacturer shall severally pay to the Escrow Agent (to be
    credited to the Subsection IX(c)(1) Account) its Relative Market Share of the base
    amounts specified below, as such payments are modified in accordance with this
    subsection (c)(1):
    2017 $8,139,000,000
    2018 and $9,000,000,000
    each year thereafter
    Apr 25, 2015. 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency's Q1 2015 Book Value Projection [View article]
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for your continued hard work. It still boggles my mind how you can accomplish so many different difficult tasks in such a short time frame.

AGNC looks like it will keep rolling along and collect dividends for us shareholders. I will continue to reinvest them, the dividend snowball is growing.
    Apr 25, 2015. 09:39 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rochelle Jenks,

With all due respect, Altria's management is top notch. If your suggestions were implemented MO would not be MO, they would be your idea of helping people to stop smoking, MO is in the business of selling cigarettes.

As far as MO's dividend being in jeopardy, you do realize that MO will raise their dividend on 8/21/2015, and I will look at their dividend prospects in 2016 after they give us their 2016 guidance,

As far as people cutting down on smoking, actually smoking volumes were up Q12015.

Here is a comment of mine from the other day after MO announced their earnings

" Not only is the pricing going up the volume is increasing!

Unchanged is increasing since it was expected to go down!

"PM USAs 2015 first-quarter reported domestic cigarettes shipment volume increased 1.6%, benefiting from a moderation in the industry's rate of decline, trade inventory movements and retail share gains. When adjusted for trade inventory changes and other factors, PM USA estimates that its first-quarter domestic cigarettes shipment volume was essentially unchanged, and that total industry cigarette volumes declined approximately 0.5% in the first quarter."

MO is a DIVIDEND Machine!!"

My, prediction is that sadly, smoking rates will increase over the next 50 years. Smoking is unhealthy, however I have decided to remove my emotion as an investor, since the goal of investing is to invest my money now with the realization of growth and the return of more money at a later date.

Lastly, the MSA is "in perpetuity" which means forever. The states want their money to be paid forever, they will be helpful to MO's success."

PS: I would love to see MO make a cigarette that is HEALTHY and addictive, I really would! However, the chances are slim to none, that it will ever happen. I have to be a realist.
    Apr 24, 2015. 10:12 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Volume and pricing up for Altria in Q1 [View news story]
    Unchanged is increasing since it was expected to go down!
    Apr 23, 2015. 08:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria beats by $0.01, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Better than ever. Not only is the pricing going up the volume is increasing!

Unchanged is increasing since it was expected to go down!

"PM USAs 2015 first-quarter reported domestic cigarettes shipment volume increased 1.6%, benefiting from a moderation in the industrys rate of decline, trade inventory movements and retail share gains. When adjusted for trade inventory changes and other factors, PM USA estimates that its first-quarter domestic cigarettes shipment volume was essentially unchanged, and that total industry cigarette volumes declined approximately 0.5% in the first quarter."

MO is a DIVIDEND Machine!!
    Apr 23, 2015. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Volume and pricing up for Altria in Q1 [View news story]
    Matt it is better than ever! Not only is the pricing going up the volume is increasing.

MO is a DIVIDEND Machine!!
    Apr 23, 2015. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Altria's Dividend Still Safe? [View article]

MO is a DIVIDEND Machine!!
    Apr 23, 2015. 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria Reports 2015 First-Quarter Results; Delivers Adjusted Diluted EPS Growth of 10.5% and Reaffirms 2015 Full-Year Adjusted EPS Guidance [View article]
    MO is a dividend machine!

Apr 23, 2015. 07:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency's Q1 2015 Income Statement Projection - Part 2 [View article]
    Pablomike,

Rose did not sell because of Scott's articles, she stated and I quote her;

"Scott,
    Thank you for asking and showing concern.
    My decision was based ALONE on my due diligence. I sold a month or 2 ago. It had Everything to do with me and my lack of understanding mREITs. I don't think there was much anyone could do to help me in that category, even your Part 3. You certainly have excellent articles and I appreciated them, but I just didn't "get It". I can invest in other REITs and be happy and SWAN.
    Best, Rose. :))"

Regardless, if ANYONE sells or buys based solely on any authors articles, they have no business investing in my opinion!!!
    Apr 15, 2015. 10:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT ETF/ETN Showdown: REM Vs. MORL [View article]
    Buffett states : ( to paraphrase) on risk, the investment risk is that you misjudge the future of the company, I have made plenty of mistakes, and sometimes I've misread the future of those businesses, when I misread the future we are going to lose money and that has happened to me various times and will happen again in the future.

It seems to me that the risk he is talking about ( judging the future of a business) can't be avoided. There is always the RISK that he will misjudge the future of a business, therefore Buffett acknowledges that risk always exists. However, since he is brilliant at judging the future of businesses his risk is minimized.

If anyone wants to twist what he is saying, that is your choice, it seems clear to me that no one, not even the great Warren Buffett avoids risk. I am a big fan of Warren Buffett. In my opinion he minimizes risk!

Link to Buffett video, where he talks about risk.

Apr 15, 2015. 08:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    David White ,

You stated:

" In fact, if you look at some of the comments above, many people were turned off by the obfuscation. They don't want to own the stock because the author is making it sound too complex. In my mind that is a negative for the article; and I said so. "

Scott has been writing articles on SA since 4/9/2013, a little over 2 years now. He has an excellent track record regarding all of his estimates. I have been following Scott since day 1 and I have learned a tremendous amount regarding my investment in AGNC as a result of Scott's articles and answers to my questions. So, I would have to respectfully disagree with your assertion that his work is confusing people.

1) mREITs are COMPLEX and if you want to believe otherwise you are fooling yourself and misinforming others. But I know you know they are complex.

People don't want to own AGNC for many reasons, Scott's articles are NOT one of those reasons. But, again I am pretty sure you already know that.

2) Readers are not confused about AGNC because of Scott's articles, they are confused because AGNC is too complex a business model for them too understand. Sure some parts are simple, however few really understand AGNC and I admit I only understand a little. I have spent countless hours reading Scott's articles to learn and I feel comfortable with a large investment in AGNC.

3) Lastly, why has it taken you 2 years and over 70 articles on AGNC published by Scott to publicly state your negative commentary regarding his analysis. I read all of Scott's articles and as I recall you rarely comment on his articles, maybe once or twice if that much to the best of my recollection.

You have a right to your criticism, just wondering why is took you so long to do so and what has prompted you, what are your motives?

PS: Congratulations Scott, on your 2nd anniversary writing for SA, I appreciate it and I know the majority of your readers feel the same way!!!
    Apr 14, 2015. 07:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wunderlich: Dim outlook for mREITs, but American Capital Agency and AG Mortgage are picks [View news story]
    AGNC is a dividend machine!!!
    Apr 13, 2015. 06:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency declares $0.22 dividend [View news story]
    Music to my ears.

AGNC has been a fantastic investment for my portfolio.

AGNC is a dividend machine!!!
    Apr 13, 2015. 06:50 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment