Dividends#1

View Dividends#1's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The #1 Stock In The World [View article]
    Hi Chris DeMuth Jr.,

Thanks for sharing your personal reasons behind the different look. I was stunned by the drastic change in your appearance and thought I would add a little humor.

You look like a different person.

Both looks are impressive. The beard adds wisdom to your look and some sort of intangible mystery ( a wizard sifting the world). The clean shaven look is very professional and exudes intelligence.

Good luck with all your endeavors.
    Jun 28, 2015. 08:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The #1 Stock In The World [View article]
    Hi Chris DeMuth Jr.

What happened to your beard?

I have an idea to start a new ETF.

This EFT would track your beard, if you grow it back within a year the ETF triples, two years and the ETF doubles, three year the ETF goes up 50%. If you do not grow the beard back within 7 years the ETF has to liquidate.

Just some of my ideas to create some fun. I am guessing your wife would have some inside information and maybe she had something to do with your clean shaven face.
    Jun 28, 2015. 06:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency And The Duration Gap [View article]
    ColoradoWealthManageme... ,

You are right.
    Jun 16, 2015. 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    PendragonY,

Excellent comment!
    May 21, 2015. 07:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    peteraahunt,

I do not agree with your assessment. We all have a right to our opinion, only time will tell which opinions are correct and which ones were not correct.

I love PendragonY's response to you below.

PendragonY states " Don't get caught in the dividend yield trap!"

There is no such trap. The trap is your mindset that thinks you must always be ready to sell your shares."

I fully agree with him.

I have started my new business and will not have much time to write for SA, so I have to apologize to my readers, however I am 100% committed to my new business.

I wish all here the best of luck.

Find what works for you, do your own DD and have conviction.
    May 21, 2015. 07:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    lobeta,

Thanks and good luck to you as well.

Based on the facts below, the chance of bankruptcy is extremely unlikely. Enron, WorldCom et al were NOT AGENCY MBS "AGNC invests in agency MBS for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency"

One of the most attractive facts regarding AGNC and MTGE (to a lesser degree) is the following:

AGNC invests in agency MBS for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency (such as the Government National Mortgage Association, or GNMA), or a U.S. Government-sponsored entity (such as the Federal National Mortgage Association, or FNMA, and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, or FHLMC).
    May 6, 2015. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    Hi maybenot,

I am going to continue to write quarterly updates on my portfolio. If I make any significant changes I will post it on an instablog, however I have no current plans to make any changes to my retirement portfolio.

Thanks for your kind words and your continued support of my articles, work and ideas. All the best to you.

PS: I have increased my MO position substantially in my NON retirement taxable brokerage account and I might add more in the near future. We fully agree regarding MO.
    May 6, 2015. 12:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency Corporation Is A Strong Buy, The Discount To Book Value Is Compelling [View article]
    Hi the-rebel,

Thanks for the advice.

Be well.
    May 6, 2015. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    johnnyvegas1968,

MO is my best idea. However, I do not plan on only owning 1 stock.

I am not sure what my portfolio will look like in 5 - 10 years.

I do plan on having a large % in MO.

I am not sure how the rest of my portfolio will turn out. If things go well, I would buy back KMI at some point in time.

What will you do with MO when you reach 59 1/2?
    May 6, 2015. 12:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    as10675,

I am very comfortable with my current portfolio.

All the best to you.
    May 6, 2015. 12:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    Hi maybenot,

Thanks for reading and your comments are a joy.

I am looking forward to the MO dividend increase on 8/21/2015.

All the best to you.
    May 6, 2015. 12:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    Hi crazty4tennis,

Thanks for reading and commenting.

I am very comfortable with my current portfolio. After all the dividend reductions and share price declines in 2015, my portfolio is flat with more shares.

All the best to you also.
    May 5, 2015. 11:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    Hi Bob Wells,

I have explained my reasoning Ad nauseam

I do not mean to be rude, I am out of more explanations for my reasoning and strategy. I have written extensively within my comments, instablogs and now 7 articles specifically on my retirement portfolio.

Thanks for asking, nevertheless.
    May 5, 2015. 11:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    frrizzo380,

Not sure what you mean by "old MO"?

I like MO better than PM because, as I mentioned in my article I recently learned that the MSA(see p.33) will last " in perpetuity." This fact has led me to conclude that MO's success is important to the 46 states that will continue to receive payments " in perpetuity." I like to know that the majority of the United States depend on MO for income, it makes me more confident that I can depend on them also.

PM is not a part of the MSA. Some might think that is a good thing, I would disagree.

Additionally " I am more bullish than ever regarding MO after the Q1 2015 earnings report. Not only did pricing increase, volumes did not decrease for the first time in a long time. I do not think any analysts predicted the volume upside surprise. This might not be a one-time occurrence; the possibility of a new trend ( the stabilization of cigarette volumes) would be a huge boost to MO's earnings."

From MO's earnings report: "PM USA's 2015 first-quarter reported domestic cigarettes shipment volume increased 1.6%, benefiting from a moderation in the industrys rate of decline, trade inventory movements and retail share gains. When adjusted for trade inventory changes and other factors, PM USA estimates that its first-quarter domestic cigarettes shipment volume was essentially unchanged, and that total industry cigarette volumes declined approximately 0.5% in the first quarter."

I did not look at PM's earnings report, however I would be surprised if their cigarette volume did as well as MO.

Lastly, I think the E-cig business will be a huge win for MO. From my understanding MO is going to be the benificiary of PM distributing E-cigs all over the world for MO and MO's E-cig sales will benefit substantially.
    May 5, 2015. 11:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Retirement Portfolio's Quarterly Update: 3 Stocks [View article]
    Brazo264,

Good observation. Here is my answer:

My initial retirement portfolio consisted of MO = 38.3% and AGNC = 40.3% for a total of 78.6% of the entire portfolio.

My current retirement portfolio consists of MO = 46% and AGNC = 42% for a total of 86% of the entire portfolio.

This shows the majority of my investments were and are in MO and AGNC, that has NOT changed. Additionally, since my best idea (most conviction is in MO) I feel very comfortable with 46% of my portfolio being in MO.

I do not plan on making any drastic changes over the next several years. I will probably make some changes based on market conditions. I will continue to monitor my portfolio, however I do not follow it as closely as I used to. I am busy studying and training for my new job. Retirement was not what I thought it would be, so I am getting back into work mode. My goal is to enjoy what I do.
    May 5, 2015. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment