Dividends#1

View Dividends#1's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio For New Investors And Retirees Yielding 4.3%, Part 2 [View article]
    Hi Pendragon Y,

I fully understand your preference regarding JNJ vs. AZN. Again I think JNJ is an excellent stock.

I do not disagree with your assessment. I am going to stick with AZN for this portfolio, they have an almost identical total return over the last 10 years.
    Aug 19 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Dotcom,

Thank you for reading and commenting on my article. Thanks for your positive feedback, I appreciate it.
    Aug 19 05:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Better Entry Point For Apple Will Become Available For Patient Investors [View article]
    Hi blejsmith,

I guess you missed the point of my article. $100 will be a MAGNET for AAPL over the next several years. I see AAPL as dead money from this level for a long time. AAPL will have to knock the cover off the ball for several quarters and dodge a major correction in tech stocks for several years. I feel that AAPL will eventually NOT beat Wall Streets earnings expectations over the next 3 quarters and will get punished price wise, even if they do not deserve to be punished they will because eventually the expectations will be way too high. In addition a major correction is due to happen over the next 6-9 months that will punish AAPL to a magnified degree compared to the eventual Nasdaq correction below 4000.

I stated AAPL would be a good buy for LONG TERM INVESTORS at the $65 to $75 level due to the technical indicators.

Lastly, I stated in my conclusion of this article : AAPL has not been able to break its all time high established in 2012. Technically speaking this is a negative sign (indicator). AAPL will eventually pass 100 (a key psychological level, similar to DOW 10,000) and 100 is notoriously a special round number that will have to have a support level established, and that takes years. Therefore 100 will be breached on the downside in a big selloff.

The support level of $100 for AAPL will take years to establish in my opinion.

My article was NOT written for TRADERS who can make money entering and exiting AAPL at prices that could result in gains. I AM NOT a trader. My article was written for the investor who wanted to buy AAPL at $95 (my friend). My point was that over a long time frame, they could get a better entry point and that $100 would be a magnet which would limit their total return.
    Aug 19 05:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My High Dividend Yield Retirement Portfolio Delivers 8.8% Of Income For This Retiree: Updated [View article]
    Hi VTFI,

Thanks for your astute comment. Please do not give away the rest of my upcoming article. There are many other facts that an astute reader would have picked up regarding my portfolio's past success.

More importantly is the future success of ALL our portfolio's. I have decided to make mine publicly known. Time will tell how well I do over the next several years.
    Aug 19 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc: A Solid Choice For Dividend Growth [View article]
    Hi Brucejfern,

Sour grapes is not becoming. I realized a significant gain in KMR last week by selling a portion of my KMR holding. If I had listened to your advice regaring KMR last year I would have missed out on significant realized and unrealized gains.
    Aug 19 11:50 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi NV_Gary,

Thanks for your support. I had the same thought but decided not to call him out. I appreciate you calling him out.
    Aug 19 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    du4sloop,

Since you have misrepresented the facts regarding my ENTIRE portfolio's success I have decided to write an article that includes a complete accurate account of my previous documented article and my previous comments.

Instead of my readers relying on your incomplete account of my statements that you used in a piece meal fashion to discredit my success, I will let them rely on their own assessment after reading my article.

Thanks for inspiring my next article.
    Aug 19 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi VTFI,

I caught the fact you made a typo regarding MCD.

It does amaze me when I hear about people who have actually owned dividend stocks for 40-50 years and the incredible returns. This is why I was motivated to write this article and reach young investors. If we are blessed we will have a chance to own them for 30+ years and enjoy spending the money on the things we love to do.

I will be on vacation next month.
    Aug 19 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi VTFI,

Thanks for your continued support regarding my articles and your detailed comments.
    Aug 19 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Pendragon Y,

Thanks for adding to the discussion. I am just focusing on the 4% annual yield.
    Aug 19 10:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Robert Allan Schwartz,

Thanks for reading and adding relevant information.
    Aug 19 10:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi billinsd,

Thanks for reading and your suggestion. I have always like JNJ and still do. I only went with AZN for the higher yield. The 20 year average total return for JNJ is better than AZN ( currently 13.9% for JNJ and 13.3% for AZN). Both of them handily beating the S&P 500.

I will stick with AZN, however JNJ is a fantastic stock in my opinion.
    Aug 19 10:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Harwinne,

Thanks for reading. I appreciate your positive feedback on my article. You understand how to use information to benefit yourself.

Many seem to miss the point you made. Some only look to complain and miss opportunities to learn and benefit.

Personally, I have read hundreds of articles here at SA and thousands of comments. I learn from each one, some teach me what to do and others teach me what not to do. Complaining has never made me any money.

Thanks again for your comment.
    Aug 19 08:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi rayvt,

You state:

"In other words, you don't have any actual process or rigorous plans. You just buy whatever strikes your fancy, and change your mind on a dime".

I am not sure what you are referring to. If you are referring to what stocks I will add to this year ($6,500), I stated I am going to look to buy when I see a stock or stocks that are undervalued in my opinion. The key for young investors is to get started and buy solid dividend growth stocks and continue to add. I realize they will start with a much lower dollar amount however that is irrelevant because investing in the stock market in high yielding dividend stocks over long periods of time (over 20 years) have out performed all other investments.

My 10 stock portfolio was well thought out and I do not plan on changing the 10 unless there is some extraordinary company specific event that would cause me to sell.

If you were referring to me excluding the MLP's PAA and KMP for SO and O, I explained my reasonong clearly in Part 1 of this article for why I did so.

Lastly, if you were refering to why I switched GSK for AZN? I wanted 7 sectors covered for this portfolio and AZN has a better historical performance. I will stick with it. Its dividend has doubled since 2006.

I hope that makes it clear.
    Aug 19 08:24 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Pendragon Y,

Thanks for reading. Thanks for pointing out the different schedule and unequal amounts of the biannual dividend payments for AZN.
    Aug 18 07:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment