Dividends Paid

View Dividends Paid's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Meredith Corp. Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    I think you nailed it on the head Bruce. The question of future growth is my main hangup as well. MDP has done a great job rewarding shareholders through dividends and I'm sure they will continue to do it as long as they can grow their cash flow each year. Their industry is a tough one to predict these days though. The stock is certainly worth keeping an eye on.
    Mar 9, 2012. 12:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Meredith Corp. Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Thanks E Nuff. $25 would be an appealing entry point with the last dividend increase.
    Mar 9, 2012. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital Trust - The Newest Triple Net Threat [View article]
    Good information here Brad. I've been a shareholder and fan of O for several years and really like their model. I have been wanting another REIT holding for my Roth IRA portfolio. I will keep my eye on ARCT.

@fabien - Looks like it will begin trading March 1 according to a company press release.
    Feb 28, 2012. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Roth IRA For Kids [View article]
    An interesting strategy for business owners. Thanks Augustus.
    Feb 22, 2012. 08:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Roth IRA For Kids [View article]
    Thanks Gratian. From what I have learned, the parents retirement account does not affect financial aid for college, but a child's retirement account can.

You are correct, there is a minimum amount a child has to earn before taxes need to be paid. This is determined by the child's earned income (W2) and unearned income (interest & dividends). I too would like to have a CPA weigh in on this though.

Your kids are lucky you had the foresight to open Roths for each of them. Best of luck to you.
    Feb 21, 2012. 03:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Roth IRA For Kids [View article]
    Thanks Jon. I agree with you 100%
    Feb 21, 2012. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    Good idea Alzbeta. I like the competition aspect of it. Thanks for sharing.
    Feb 9, 2012. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    It sounds like you're off to a fantastic start soBC. I agree that some of the stocks mentioned are pricey write now. My last analysis of KMB - http://seekingalpha.co... - shows that it is not a great buy at current valuation. I've also been waiting for MCD to come down some in price to get in, the darn thing just keeps going up though.

A word of advice. Current yield isn't near as important as future dividend growth. My individual stock analysis - http://bit.ly/A9AGUC - focuses more on growth, and when its your child's portfolio that growth is what will make them the most money. T is paying a great yield right now, but its dividend growth since 2008 has been poor. Just something to keep in mind.

Good luck to you and your children. I'm sure one day they will thank you for your foresight.
    Feb 9, 2012. 10:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    Ha! Thanks mostserene. Its funny, I thought about putting a disclaimer that MO may not be the best stock for this portfolio. I don't think a parent wants to hear "I was just supporting my stock" as a reason for smoking.
    Feb 9, 2012. 09:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    You make a compelling argument chowder. Having college girls around while watching soccer might make it bearable, I would just prefer to watch him play basketball, baseball or football. But if he wants to play soccer I won't stop him.

I wish the St. Louis Cardinals were a public company, my son definitely own some shares if that were the case.
    Feb 8, 2012. 05:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    Exactly henry, you just nailed what my next article is going to cover.
    Feb 8, 2012. 03:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    Thanks rickevan, I couldn't agree more.
    Feb 8, 2012. 02:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aflac's European Problem [View article]
    Thanks for simplifying this risk to AFL. Good article.
    Feb 7, 2012. 12:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aflac Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Well said David, thanks.
    Jan 27, 2012. 07:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aflac Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Absolutely. My goal is long term dividend growth, not immediate income. When I buy a stock I'm hoping to hold and DRIP for 25 years and then use the dividend as passive income.
    Jan 27, 2012. 10:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment