Dividends Paid

View Dividends Paid's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Kimberly-Clark Corporation [View article]
    Yep, I think owning both is a more likely scenario for my portfolio.
    Nov 15, 2011. 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Kimberly-Clark Corporation [View article]
    Good question Expat. I have considered initiating a position in P&G as well. Although they are a direct competitor with KMB, there is enough diversity between the two to rationalize positions in both. When comparing it to KMB though, I'd compare P&G's cash flow payout ratio, dividend growth, and fair value if I were deciding between the two stocks. If KMB's dividend growth continues to decrease and payout ratio continues to increase, I will have to reevaluate and consider selling KMB for P&G.
    Nov 15, 2011. 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Kimberly-Clark Corporation [View article]
    That is a good point fludolph and something I considered when developing my rating system. I'm certain I will evaluate a stock that scores high but I still would not consider a buy at that time due to being overvalued. I will always explain my final thoughts on buying based on the analysis in my Conclusion.
    Nov 15, 2011. 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Kimberly-Clark Corporation [View article]
    I am also long INTC, I think it is a better buy than KMB at this time.
    Nov 15, 2011. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Kimberly-Clark Corporation [View article]
    Thanks Diesel, I appreciate it.
    Nov 15, 2011. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Kimberly-Clark Corporation [View article]
    Thanks BruceCM. This was actually my first analysis using my rating system. I hope to perform at least one a week though so stay tuned! I haven't decided what stock I will do next so I am open to suggestions.

I agree, I would like for the dividend growth to accelerate. That was one of the factors that really stood out in my analysis. If the rate continues to decline I will have to reevaluate my position as well.
    Nov 15, 2011. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Abbott: Still A Dividend Growth Stalwart? [View article]
    Great article David, I couldn't agree more. I hold both ABT and COP in my dividend portfolio. I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling about ABT's decision like I did for COP's. For now it's time to be patient until we get a clear picture on how these two companies will operate. I'm hoping the Diversified Medical Products Company operates in a similar fashion to the current company, but it may have a hard time growing the dividend as before without the growth the Pharmaceutical side provided. Time will tell.
    Oct 26, 2011. 10:59 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Stocks For A Tax Free Retirement [View article]
    That comment pertains to older individuals near retirement age that would want to still open a Roth. For instance, if a 57 year old opened a Roth IRA account, they would have to wait until 62 years before they could withdrawal earnings from the Roth IRA account tax free.

Google search "Roth IRA 5 year rule" for more detailed information.
    Oct 16, 2011. 11:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Stocks For A Tax Free Retirement [View article]
    I believe you can convert at any point. There are tax implications that you need to be aware of though. If you make an after-tax contribution to a traditional IRA and then, immediately, convert that to a Roth, there should be no tax issues (to my knowledge). But if you convert a traditional IRA which you contributed before tax dollars, or you have made investment gains in that traditional IRA, you will owe taxes when you convert. I'd suggest talking to a tax adviser before converting a traditional IRA if you've had it for some time.
    Oct 13, 2011. 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Stocks For A Tax Free Retirement [View article]
    Good point about the traditional IRA conversion richin10. I hope this option is available for 2012 and beyond.

It is a leap of faith to believe that Congress won't revoke the tax-free status of Roth's in the future, but I think that would be the kiss of death for a politician if he/she wished to be re-elected. A more likely scenario would be for them to allow earlier withdrawals from a Roth that could be taxed and that tax rate goes down the older you are. This would make more sense as you would allow people access to their money earlier if they wish while still keeping the tax-free status for those who can wait until they are 60.
    Oct 12, 2011. 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Stocks For A Tax Free Retirement [View article]
    Thanks guraaf. Richin10's point about contributing to a traditional IRA and then converting that to a Roth is the best way at this time to bypass the income limits. This is allowed for 2011, I'm not sure if that is the case for 2012 so time may be limited. I am approaching this limit as well and am hoping we see an income increase for 2012.
    Oct 12, 2011. 01:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Mid Cap Stocks For The Retiree Part 1 [View article]
    Norman - Good info about mid cap div companies. I've been looking for strong, mid-cap dividend stocks to add to my portfolio. I've mostly limited myself to the big boys and need to diversify. I like your "Tweed Model metrics", I'd be interested to hear how you came about this.
    Oct 5, 2011. 12:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Uncle Pennybags! Always good to hear from you.

I love those examples, it really sends the point home. Especially when you use a well known company like MO.
    Oct 4, 2011. 10:29 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Yeah, its ridiculous what they allow some people with a soap box to stand on to say. I'm not a fan of the "Mad Money" philosophy on how to get rich. Slow and steady wins this race.
    Oct 4, 2011. 10:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Very good points jstratt.
    Oct 4, 2011. 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment