Dividends Paid

View Dividends Paid's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Retire In Half The Time With Dividend Growth Investing [View article]
    Nice article Rodger. This does a great job simplifying the most important aspect of dividend investing. I may have to link this article to a blog post.
    Nov 16, 2011. 11:18 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Thanks alance, I hope you find my articles helfpful in your investment goals. I look forward to any feedback you have as a younger investor.
    Oct 4, 2011. 10:12 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Funny you should mention that, my first child was born just last week! I plan to start him a dividend portfolio very soon. Do you have any advice or learned something along the way that you'd do differently?
    Oct 3, 2011. 12:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Thanks for positive feedback everyone. I've always enjoyed discussing investing with others, I think I'm going to like discussing in this type of forum. I look forward to learning somethings along the way as well.
    Oct 3, 2011. 12:37 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Searching For A Dividend Growth Utility Stock [View article]
    I couldn't have said it better Robert, thanks.
    Dec 12, 2012. 09:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Dividend Paying Stocks For A Safe Alternative To CDs [View article]
    Hi hgreene. The dividend payment itself means little if its not compared to the price of the stock. Let's say Company A is paying $2 annual div and the stock is selling for $100/share and Company B is paying $0.50 annual div and its stock is selling for $10 / share.

A $10,000 investment in Company A (100 shares) will get you $200 in dividend income where as $10,000 investment in Company B (1000 shares) would get you $500 in dividend income.

If you limit yourself to looking for stocks that only pay $1.00 or more in dividends you will be missing out on a lot of good dividend stocks. The yield tells the real story about what you're getting for your investment.
    May 11, 2012. 12:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Intel At The 4% Yield Price [View article]
    Nice article Norman. Is it odd to get excited about the potential of the price going down in a long-term holding? Maybe that's just a quality reserved for us DG investors. Anytime INTC's price dropped below $20 in the past few years I was buying. I'm sure we've seen the last of those days, maybe $24 can be the new $20. I know I would be a buyer.
    May 11, 2012. 10:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Abbott: Still A Dividend Growth Stalwart? [View article]
    Great article David, I couldn't agree more. I hold both ABT and COP in my dividend portfolio. I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling about ABT's decision like I did for COP's. For now it's time to be patient until we get a clear picture on how these two companies will operate. I'm hoping the Diversified Medical Products Company operates in a similar fashion to the current company, but it may have a hard time growing the dividend as before without the growth the Pharmaceutical side provided. Time will tell.
    Oct 26, 2011. 10:59 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Mid Cap Stocks For The Retiree Part 1 [View article]
    Norman - Good info about mid cap div companies. I've been looking for strong, mid-cap dividend stocks to add to my portfolio. I've mostly limited myself to the big boys and need to diversify. I like your "Tweed Model metrics", I'd be interested to hear how you came about this.
    Oct 5, 2011. 12:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Uncle Pennybags! Always good to hear from you.

I love those examples, it really sends the point home. Especially when you use a well known company like MO.
    Oct 4, 2011. 10:29 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Although I have explored covered calls and believe low beta dividend stocks are good candidates for that strategy, I don't plan to complicate my investment strategy with options. My ideal dividend stock is one that I can hold for life, so the goal is to identify and invest in those companies.
    Oct 4, 2011. 10:17 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Sounds like a great way to teach them, I may copy this idea in the near future. Good luck to you and your (quite large) family.
    Oct 3, 2011. 06:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amgen's Dividend Policy Has Ignited Their Stock [View article]
    Great article Chuck, very detailed. I am one of those investors who got in based on the dividend and hope to be DRIP'ing it for a very long time. I think its got a bright dividend growth future and recently wrote an article highlighting that.
    Jan 11, 2013. 12:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Searching For A Dividend Growth Utility Stock [View article]
    That's good to hear David. I am a follower of yours so I look forward to seeing your final analysis.
    Dec 12, 2012. 12:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Searching For A Dividend Growth Utility Stock [View article]
    Yes, my main focus is on the dividend and its future growth. The points you make are absolutely valid and something I will have to consider when doing further DD on the stocks I mentioned. This analysis was done to narrow the field down, now additional research needs to be done before I make any purchases.
    Dec 11, 2012. 02:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment