Dividends Paid

View Dividends Paid's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Periodic Table Of Dividend Contenders [View article]
    This is impressive, very cool David.
    Sep 19, 2012. 04:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    Exactly henry, you just nailed what my next article is going to cover.
    Feb 8, 2012. 03:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aflac Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Absolutely. My goal is long term dividend growth, not immediate income. When I buy a stock I'm hoping to hold and DRIP for 25 years and then use the dividend as passive income.
    Jan 27, 2012. 10:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Altria Group [View article]
    I agree Chowder and have been trying to come up with some variables for such cases. REITs will be another instance, so some tweaking is needed in those situations. If MO's payout ratio would have been under 75% I was going to award a point based on the type of business they are in. Since it was so high, I decided to not mention it nor change my default 60%.

Excellent point though, I intend to address this in a future analysis. Thanks for the constructive comment.
    Dec 15, 2011. 03:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Yeah, its ridiculous what they allow some people with a soap box to stand on to say. I'm not a fan of the "Mad Money" philosophy on how to get rich. Slow and steady wins this race.
    Oct 4, 2011. 10:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Vital Components Of A Dividend Investing Strategy [View article]
    Thanks for following! Hopefully you find my posts applicable to your situation. Many of my posts may appeal to the younger investors so we can take advantage of that all important "time" factor, but judging from stated holdings, we have a lot in common.

I completely agree with you about banks becoming great dividend stocks again. I've recently initiated a position in PNC and hope to do analysis on others. Now is great time to be a dividend growth investor, you gotta love those stock sales.
    Oct 3, 2011. 12:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Potential Dividend Growth Future Star [View article]
    For those who are looking for additional information on AMGN, Chuck Carnevale recently published a very detailed article on on SA. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jan 11, 2013. 02:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Potential Dividend Growth Future Star [View article]
    Hi Bob. Good question, yes they have. In April 2011 as part of their "Amgen Outlines Strategy, Growth Objectives and Capital Allocation Plans" news release they stated that they intend to "return an average of approximately 60 percent of adjusted net income in the form of dividends and stock repurchases to stockholders through 2015." Obviously as long as they are achieving their growth goals there is no reason to assume they would not continue this beyond 2015.
    Jan 9, 2013. 02:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Searching For A Dividend Growth Utility Stock [View article]
    Thanks Mike, I'm glad I'm not alone in regards to Utilities. Is there anything about SO or PPL that have stood out to you in your research? I'm just beginning my DD in each to further narrow down my potential buy list, so I'd be interested to hear any pro's and con's to each.

And thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to take a look at Chuck's series on utilities.
    Dec 12, 2012. 09:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Delayed Satisfaction Can Be Profitable [View instapost]
    Thanks Robert!
    Aug 31, 2012. 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hasbro Dividend Income Analysis: Current Yield Presents A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Good question Bob. When evaluating a stock for dividend income purposes I want a stock that has low volatility. Although there is not a direct correlation between dividend safety and beta, you will typically find the more reliable dividend paying companies also have lower beta scores. I wanted to include Beta in my analysis and "Reliability" seemed like the best section for it. The section should probably be renamed "Safety & Reliability".

Sounds like we have similar methodologies. I hope they have been rewarding for you as well. Best of luck.
    Jun 29, 2012. 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the kind words george. Please feel free to check out my blog dividendspaid dot com. I try to review stocks requested by my followers there, so feel free to send me a note on ones you'd like to see analyzed and I will do my best to put together a growth or income analysis like this one. Best of luck.
    Jun 29, 2012. 01:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    And one or more lucky grandchild. Good luck to you Bob.
    May 11, 2012. 05:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Dividend Paying Stocks For A Safe Alternative To CDs [View article]
    Thanks north. With the recent run in dividend paying stocks its a little harder to find a lot of high quality companies paying over 5%. I imagine we will see a pull back at some point that will allow for more buying opportunities. I like the 4% cutoff when focusing on income as that seems include a lot more dividend growth plays as well.

Best of luck to you.
    May 11, 2012. 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Target Dividend Growth Analysis: All Around Strength, Some Concern Over Payout Ratio [View article]
    Good question John. The point scale is not an absolute Yes/No for buying. The analysis gives us a picture of the dividend health of the company and current valuation. I use this analysis as a filter for stocks that I should take a deeper look at (6 points and above) and those I can pass on for now (less that 6 points). There are times when a stock will score high but I would not buy due too such things as high valuation, current micro-economic events occurring with the stock or sector, impending litigation, etc... I always state my overall view of the stock in my conclusion. Of course, you should always do your own DD before buying.
    Apr 12, 2012. 10:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment