Dividends Paid

View Dividends Paid's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Target Dividend Growth Analysis: All Around Strength, Some Concern Over Payout Ratio [View article]
    Free cash flow is the metric I am using. You're right, I only mention the term "free cash flow" once in the analysis so I can see why people may be confused. I'll be sure to make that more clear in future analysis posts. Thanks Bruce.
    Apr 16 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree Cuse, it does appear that they are on course for their goal at this time. That $3.00 is of course dependent on their expansion plans being successful. I have no reason to believe that it won't be, but if there is a setback then its likely the dividend goal will be reevaluated or (god forbid) partially funded through debt.
    Apr 12 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Meredith Corp. Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Thanks E Nuff. $25 would be an appealing entry point with the last dividend increase.
    Mar 9 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital Trust - The Newest Triple Net Threat [View article]
    Good information here Brad. I've been a shareholder and fan of O for several years and really like their model. I have been wanting another REIT holding for my Roth IRA portfolio. I will keep my eye on ARCT.

@fabien - Looks like it will begin trading March 1 according to a company press release.
    Feb 28 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Roth IRA For Kids [View article]
    Thanks Jon. I agree with you 100%
    Feb 21 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks For Your Kid's Retirement [View article]
    Good idea Alzbeta. I like the competition aspect of it. Thanks for sharing.
    Feb 9 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Excellent points on WMT's other strengths. I try to do the 50,000 feet view for my SWOT analysis, otherwise I'd be writing all day. I still view the international business as an opportunity, but it has certainly become a strength as well.

Small world, I also live in St. Louis, but I live in a loft downtown so its hard for me to take advantage of Sam's Club with my limited storage space. The Wal-mart's I have been too in the area have shown improvement the past few years which is nice to see as an investor and customer.
    Jan 15 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    I'm still working on my analysis model for REITs Tom. I hope to have something done soon. My only REIT holding is Realty Income (O), so that will probably be the first one I analyze.
    Jan 15 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    That certainly is a threat Michael. In the current economic environment its more about saving money than customer experience I think, but once the economy turns up WMT would be wise to make the needed improvement to retain specific customers.
    Jan 13 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Thanks golden. I agree with your assessment on their employees, I think federal and state minimums will continue to guide WMT's labor rates though. As those go up, they should be able to offset it by passing the costs to the consumer without much notice.
    Jan 13 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Lifetime Income Generators [View article]
    We share a similar strategy and similar picks. I recently posted an analysis of MO as a future dividend growth stock that was not well received by some shareholders. Domestic tobacco use is not a high-growth prospect anymore, but international is a different story. PM appears to have more potential these days. Am long KMB & INTC.
    Jan 13 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Altria Group [View article]
    I'll check him out, thanks for the tip Joergens.
    Dec 15 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Altria Group [View article]
    I have never held MO, no. I've considered investing in it on several occasions but never pulled the trigger. I do wish I would have invested before the Kraft and PM spin-offs. My personal investment goals is for long-term (20+years) dividend growth and MO's reliance on tobacco to generate much of that growth is a red flag for me.

In regards to future litigation, despite the Master Settlement Agreement I have little doubt lawyers will find a way to bring lawsuits against the company in the future. I am also concerned with international lawsuits. Will PM take the brunt of those? Perhaps that was a major reason for that spin-off, but I can't imagine that MO is entirely safe from those as well.

As I stated in my conclusion, MO is a solid investment for current income, but I do not feel it is a strong dividend growth income stock for future (20+ years) income.
    Dec 15 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Microsoft Corporation [View article]
    That's the best time to buy quality dividend growth stocks. Ten years ago MSFT was significantly overvalued (as was most stocks). I feel the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction now, its time to take advantage of it being undervalued.
    Dec 2 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Kimberly-Clark Corporation [View article]
    Those are certainly good examples of Threats. I try to keep the SWOT analysis at the 50,000 feet view, otherwise it would take a great deal more time than it already does. But a pharma's reliance on a single drug for a large portion of their revenue seems like a big one.

I appreciate the suggestions since my rating system is so new. I also have put MO on my list of stocks analyze in the coming weeks. I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of dividend champions as well.

Thanks again for the feedback.
    Nov 17 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment