Dividends4Life

View Dividends4Life's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Dividend Stocks That Gave Me A 20%+ Annualized Return [View article]
    The Rebel and Uain53: You are correct I picked up the annualized return for LEG and then picked up the wrong line for the remaining data. The section should read as:

LEG makes a broad line of bedding and furniture components and other home, office and commercial furnishings, as well as products for non-furnishings markets. I first purchased the stock in March 2010 at $20.29. It has increased its dividend each year and is currently yielding 3.4%. Since that first purchase I have added to my position 5 times as the stock price continued to increase. Over the period I held the stock, my annualized return is 20.9%.

I have submitted the correction to SA. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sep 17, 2014. 07:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVS Health Corporation: Trading Below Fair Value And Strong Dividend Growth [View article]
    richjoy403: It is definitely one that I am watching for when we finally get a 10%+ market correction.

Sep 16, 2014. 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Medtronic: Benefits Of Covidien Acquisition Not Enough To Make It A Buy [View article]
    easydom: Agreed. I would be very unhappy if I were still a shareholder. I bit the bullet and sold last year to offset some capital losses.

Sep 10, 2014. 05:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    warrantstar: Based on the historical numbers, I calculate that MDT is overvalued. Part of premium could be attributed to the expected tax benefit and new markets from the Covidien acquisition. However, the company's release said the acquisition would not be accretive to its Cash Earnings until "FY2016 and Significantly Accretive thereafter."

I will watch how well the acquisition is integrated before passing judgement.

Sep 10, 2014. 02:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Rainy Day Dividend Stocks [View article]
    jjonesg1: No military experience, but I have always been a planner to a fault - it drives my wife and kids crazy.

The one legacy I want to leave my kids is an understanding of the importance of invest in quality blue-chip dividend growth stocks.

Sep 9, 2014. 12:28 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Rainy Day Dividend Stocks [View article]
    They will come down in price. Over time it all cycles. We may not get a sale as good as 2007-2008's though.

Sep 9, 2014. 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Rainy Day Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Jeff: I am not quite earning my annual pay in dividends yet. However, if I had to live off of my dividends, it would not be a drastic cut in lifestyle since I now save a large percentage of my annual pay.

Sep 9, 2014. 12:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lockheed Martin Corp. Priced To Buy [View article]
    I don't read morningstar so I can't comment on what they do. Here is a link to how I value dividend growth stocks:

Under the Tools tab is the model (D4L-PreScreen.xls) that I use to calculate the MMA NPV Diff price. As noted above, the values are "mechanically calculated and is based on historical information" my values are not tweaked based on what I think the outcome should be.

Sep 8, 2014. 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lockheed Martin Corp. Priced To Buy [View article]
    "In calculating fair value, I consider the NPV MMA Differential Fair Value, along with these four calculations of fair value..."

The NPV MMA is also used and it carries the largest weighting.

Sep 8, 2014. 07:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lockheed Martin Corp. Priced To Buy [View article]
    At some point I am sure they will split the stock, most companies do (except BRK).

Sep 7, 2014. 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Providing A Growing Income With Increased Dividends [View article]
    rlp2451 and RSRinehart: Thanks for the feedback. I pulled TCAP from a different source and obviously picked up some questionable data.

Aug 30, 2014. 11:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dividend Stocks For A Confident And Secure Future [View article]
    Buyandhold 2012: Well said. I think understanding the psychology of investing is just as important as understanding investing fundamentals. Sometime we can be our own worst enemy.

Aug 27, 2014. 09:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dividend Stocks For A Confident And Secure Future [View article]
    youngdiv: I too believe MCD's management will find a way to reinvent itself, as it has many times in the past.

Aug 27, 2014. 07:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High-Yield, High-Return Investments To Increase Income While Waiting On Dividend Growth [View article]
    Miguel Arnot: It is a matter of preference. I find PCEF's distribution a little more volatile than I prefer.

Aug 21, 2014. 07:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Investor7020: For me evaluating a ETF/CEF is much more difficult than an individual stock since ETFs/CEFs are often made up of many individual stocks. What I look at is historical share price movements, distributions (erratic, stable growing?), return of capital, use of leverage, manager tenure, and such.

Aug 20, 2014. 02:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment