Dividends4Life

View Dividends4Life's Comments BY TICKER:
ABT, AFL, APD, AVY, CINF, CL, CLX, COP, CTBI, DCI, DOV, EMR, ERIE, FDO, GD, GPC, HNZ, HRL, INTC, ITW, JNJ, LEG, LM, LOW, MCD, MDT, NSC, OXY, PEP, PG, STAR, T, TE, UGI, UTX, WAG, WM
  • 6 Stocks With A Sustainable Dividend [View article]
    Robert: Earnings don't necessarily generate cash due to accounting rules. Take a look at these articles:

Aug 20 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Clorox Company Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    maybenot: This link here explains why tangible book value is sometimes not meaningful:

Jul 22 12:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Community Trust Bank Corp. Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    I failed to update that section. It should read:

"The company’s peer group includes: IberiaBank Corp. (IBKC) with a 2.4% yield, Hancock Holding Co. (HBHC) with a 3.0% yield, and Capital City Bank Group Inc. (CCBG) with a 0.0% yield."

My apologies for any confusion.
    Jul 18 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Colgate-Palmolive Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    jimrogersfan: That's a big question. I will try to summarize my buy process at a very high level.

I use my D4L-Dashboard and D4L-Data for the selection process. These are updated each Friday after the market closes. I look at more than just star ratings, but will start with 3-5 star stocks. I exclude those that have been purchased in the last 90 days, ones I am over allocated in (>5%), those in an industry that I am over-allocated in and those with a yield below my minimum (currently 2.5%). In addition, I will consider certain key metrics and their direction.

Once potential targets are determined I do a quick check of the news/filings to see if anything has occurred to change the stock's long-term outlook.

I generally invest in my Dividend Growth Portfolio 3 times a month (the first 3 Mondays). My last buy was last Monday. I don't publicly disclose individual buys/sells (that is a premium feature for my subscribers).

Hope this helps,
    Jul 16 10:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Select High Yield S&P 500 Dividend Stocks [View article]
    The screen criteria sentence should read as follows:

"This week week, I screened my dividend growth stocks database for stocks that are members of the S&P 500, have a yield of 4% or more and have increased their dividend for 10 or more consecutive years."

It incorrectly says 5% in the article above. I started with 5%, but nothing relevant was returned, then I lowered it to 4%. SA picked up the article from my site before I made the correction.

My apologies for any confusion.

May 28 10:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    b10845:

The $117.37 is a sensitivity. The price "could" increase to $117.37 and the NPV MMA Differential would still be above my required $500 given the current dividend growth rate.

May 20 07:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Occidental Petroleum: Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    Rose_Colored_Glasses: I am long COP, but if I had to buy one tomorrow, it would be OXY.

May 13 07:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top And Bottom Performing Dividend Stocks (Q1, 2013) [View article]
    Igneous: I would like to see a decline in AFL and several other stocks. I love it when what I am buying goes on sale with no change to the underlying fundamentals.

Apr 30 07:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walgreen: Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    SA doesn't always include all my links. Here is a link to the original article with all the links in place:

Apr 5 04:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cincinnati Financial Corp: Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    Bishophicks: You are correct. The $49.94 should be $39.94.

Mar 15 07:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Dividend Stocks Trading At A Double-Digit Discount [View article]
    Stoic Perspectives:

It should be: "increased its dividend payments for 12 consecutive years."

Sorry for the confusion.

Mar 12 03:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    heglimp: I never sell a stock on valuation alone. Sometimes a high valuation will mess up the dividend fundamentals, then I will sell. For more info see:

I sold my CTL position.

Feb 25 02:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Income Progress Update - January 2013 [View instapost]
    kolpin: I don't report income for individual months. Quarterly, I will report what I earn over the last 3 months.

Feb 9 08:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are The Dividends Safe For These High-Yielding Stocks? [View article]
    nutrosa: Here is an informative article on the Do's and Don'ts of IRA Investing. Search for "Master Limited Partnerships" if you want to skip to that section (toward the bottom).

Jan 29 06:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo: This Buffett Stock Is Back With A Vengeance, Raising Its Dividend 14% [View article]
    Dr. Roberts: Much of what you said is correct. However, Mr. Kovacevich said he was compelled to take the money due to the pending Wachovia acquisition.

Companies are judged on results. The reality is that income investors in WFC (I held WFC at the time) saw a decline in their earnings due to the WFC dividend cut, in return WFC was allowed to close its acquisition. Not all banks chose to take TARP funds they 'didn't want or need.'

Here is a link to Richard Kovacevich's discussion of the situation. It is an interesting video:

Jan 25 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment