Dividends4Life

View Dividends4Life's Comments BY TICKER:
ABT, AFL, APD, AVY, CINF, CL, CLX, COP, CSCO, CTBI, CVS, DCI, DOV, ED, EMR, ERIE, FDO, GD, GIS, GPC, HAS, HNZ, HRL, INTC, ITW, JNJ, LEG, LM, LMT, LOW, MCD, MDT, MSFT, NSC, OXY, PEP, PG, STAR, T, TE, TGT, UGI, UTX, VZ, WAG, WM, WMT, XOM
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Hormel Foods Corp. Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    My apologies, the sentence should have read:

"At the time of this writing, I held no position in HRL (0.0% of my Dividend Growth Portfolio)."

Jan 23, 2014. 10:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Waste Management, Inc. Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    When SA picks up my articles doesn't include all the links. The MMA rate is explained in this link (which wasn't picked up):

Dec 5, 2013. 02:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Stocks Trying To Be 'Good' By Raising Dividends [View article]
    Simplethinker: UTX's dividend should be $0.589 per share and the yield should be 2.2%. It appears the "5" was dropped when keying the dividend.

Oct 11, 2013. 07:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks Using Real Cash To Pay Higher Dividends [View article]
    Larry Minden: The yield for PX is incorrect. As you noted, it should be 2.6%.

Oct 4, 2013. 12:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Emerson Electric Co. Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    doug6181@yahoo.com:

See:

Sep 16, 2013. 07:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    smaccoy: T's current debt to total capital is 47% (see attached PDF, top center).

Sep 3, 2013. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks With A Sustainable Dividend [View article]
    Robert: Cash does not generate earnings. Cash comes from running your business, which earnings "should" be a fair representation, but my point is that is that it is not always the case.

Consider a company that makes a sale at a 60% profit margin on credit. The P&L looks great. but they haven't received any cash. If the customer is slow to pay, the P&L looks good for a period of time but the cash flow shows the company is struggling. If the customer goes bankrupt, then a charge is taken on the P&L and it now matches the cash flow statement - bad.

The cash flow statement can provide you with early warnings of things going wrong.

Aug 20, 2013. 10:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks With A Sustainable Dividend [View article]
    Here is the second article:

Aug 20, 2013. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks With A Sustainable Dividend [View article]
    Robert: Earnings don't necessarily generate cash due to accounting rules. Take a look at these articles:

Aug 20, 2013. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks With A Sustainable Dividend [View article]

Aug 20, 2013. 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Clorox Company Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    maybenot: This link here explains why tangible book value is sometimes not meaningful:

Jul 22, 2013. 12:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Community Trust Bank Corp. Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    I failed to update that section. It should read:

"The company’s peer group includes: IberiaBank Corp. (IBKC) with a 2.4% yield, Hancock Holding Co. (HBHC) with a 3.0% yield, and Capital City Bank Group Inc. (CCBG) with a 0.0% yield."

My apologies for any confusion.
    Jul 18, 2013. 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Colgate-Palmolive Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    jimrogersfan: That's a big question. I will try to summarize my buy process at a very high level.

I use my D4L-Dashboard and D4L-Data for the selection process. These are updated each Friday after the market closes. I look at more than just star ratings, but will start with 3-5 star stocks. I exclude those that have been purchased in the last 90 days, ones I am over allocated in (>5%), those in an industry that I am over-allocated in and those with a yield below my minimum (currently 2.5%). In addition, I will consider certain key metrics and their direction.

Once potential targets are determined I do a quick check of the news/filings to see if anything has occurred to change the stock's long-term outlook.

I generally invest in my Dividend Growth Portfolio 3 times a month (the first 3 Mondays). My last buy was last Monday. I don't publicly disclose individual buys/sells (that is a premium feature for my subscribers).

Hope this helps,
    Jul 16, 2013. 10:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Select High Yield S&P 500 Dividend Stocks [View article]
    The screen criteria sentence should read as follows:

"This week week, I screened my dividend growth stocks database for stocks that are members of the S&P 500, have a yield of 4% or more and have increased their dividend for 10 or more consecutive years."

It incorrectly says 5% in the article above. I started with 5%, but nothing relevant was returned, then I lowered it to 4%. SA picked up the article from my site before I made the correction.

My apologies for any confusion.

May 28, 2013. 10:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    b10845:

The $117.37 is a sensitivity. The price "could" increase to $117.37 and the NPV MMA Differential would still be above my required $500 given the current dividend growth rate.

May 20, 2013. 07:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment