DNA Decoder

View DNA Decoder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • This High-Growth Company Is A Good Addition To Any Portfolio [View article]
    Yes, with a volume spike when it was on its way down to close the right shoulder.
    Apr 23, 2013. 11:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This High-Growth Company Is A Good Addition To Any Portfolio [View article]
    TGE looking bearish today with nat gas droping
    Apr 22, 2013. 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This High-Growth Company Is A Good Addition To Any Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks droper
    Apr 22, 2013. 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This High-Growth Company Is A Good Addition To Any Portfolio [View article]
    Nice article Paul. Thanks for your input.
    Apr 22, 2013. 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This High-Growth Company Is A Good Addition To Any Portfolio [View article]
    TGE just announced a 5% stock dividend.

I am not a big fan of dividends as I think the money can be used in other ways, but this could be a nice positive catalyst for the stock.

Apr 20, 2013. 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Year Of The Central Banks: The Godzilla Attack And The Refugee Camps [View article]
    If global inflation and commodities rise or if there is a major crisis in a big economy, then gold will come back; until then it's going to be difficult to present a bull case for gold. Yes, cost and demand are the key.
    Apr 19, 2013. 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This High-Growth Company Is A Good Addition To Any Portfolio [View article]
    Hey Michael.

Yes I know, patience is a virtue. TGE will have its good days too. Today may have been good to buy, but I didn't pull the trigger. The market is in a downtrend and this type of stocks tend to suffer the most when it turns bearish. It's a small cap providing services to oil and gas drilling companies, which in turn rely on commodities with falling prices right now. Some people criticize market timing, but that's why I incorporate market study before buying anything, because it really helps. I've been reducing exposure to stocks since February as precaution.

How long will it take to bottom is difficult to say if not impossible. It could go into consolidation while it downtrends or it could fall fast like a rock. Today the Tips bonds fell straight down, suggesting the correction could be very real, as deflation rears its head. But with the Fed's easing and lower yields of sovereign bonds in Italy and Spain, I do not expect the correction to be incredibly big. We'll see.

I will definitely buy TGE in this pulldown at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks the channel and goes to $8, and I wouldn't be surprised if AAPL goes to $350 either. It will all depend on the market. But they should go up fast when the dust settles. I will post my purchases as soon as I make them.
    Apr 19, 2013. 12:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hey Stephen. I'm referring to the supervisory powers conferred to the ECB as a first step towards banking union, providing better long term stability. Last nail in the coffin for gold? We'll see.

But the first blow to gold investors was definitely the most potent, which was the Outright Monetary Transactions plan back in September. That set the bazooka to "hyper mode" and averted financial meltdown.

Gold investors betrayed by their own investment thesis of inflationary money-spitting central banks. Ironies.

I don't have the original links where I read these news, but you will surely find lots of info on the net. If I have some time this weekend, I'll write a new article about it.
    Apr 18, 2013. 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, yes I posted it because I though it was an interesting opinion. I'm glad you read it.

I think the massive size of the Jap easing will cause the Yen to depreciate to some extent on the short term (not crash, as you well explained), or at least will cause it to remain at lower levels compared to last year by plain brute force. That's why I think that, being the "fresher" and bigger QE in town, it provides a nice home in the Nikkei to take some long positions over the next 12 to 18 months. In the long term however, the Yen will most probably "spring back up" as soon as the end of that QE is hinted. Same thing for USA.

I think is very difficult for countries to change the long term course of their currencies when there are huge macro forces acting against the central bank's objectives.

Regarding gold, my view is:
    "Global deflation without systemic risk = poison for gold"
    Sounds like a good title for an article ;)

The moment Draghi signed that new legislation that gave more powers to the ECB, he signed the death certificate of long term gold investors. With the global economic downturn exerting deflationary pressure on commodities and with the ECB bazooka preventing financial collapse, gold bugs betting on inflation by currency devaluation were doomed.
    Apr 18, 2013. 05:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Fed and Bank of Japan caused gold crash

Apr 17, 2013. 05:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Honda: Take Advantage Of The Giant Japanese QE [View article]
    Honda launches its cheapest bike Dream Neo at Rs.43,150

Apr 17, 2013. 05:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Toyota: Use The Godzilla QE To Your Advantage [View article]
    Toyota says sales of hybrid vehicles surpass 5 million

Apr 17, 2013. 05:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    TLT:TIP trending up is a risk-off move in the bond market. Just like IEF:TIP or TLT:IEF.

I've been slowly reducing exposure to equities since February, as these relationships continue to announce that deflationary forces are in play. US dollar, commodities, discretionary to staples, yield curve, you name it. It's all over it.

With the Fed's easing and lower borrowing costs for Italy and Spain, it is risky to short the market. As we move into a possible consolidation and short term downtrend, a pulldown into a Fibonacci support will most probably start panic buying. It's safer to seek refuge in TLT, as bonds tend to easily overperform stocks when deflating. But your move is bold and I hope you do well.

Thanks for providing your perspective. You did put a lot of work into the article.
    Apr 17, 2013. 10:46 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Toyota: Use The Godzilla QE To Your Advantage [View article]
    S&P Raises Toyota Motor's Outlook to Stable From Negative

Toyota is expected to maintain its "exceptionally strong" financial position over the next two to three years, the rating firm said.

Apr 16, 2013. 10:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Honda: Take Advantage Of The Giant Japanese QE [View article]
    I understand your perspective Tdot. I had a good laugh with the "fruit salad" you made there by the way :)

Maybe I should have been more specific in the debt to equity statement. Every investor has their own methods. When I analyze any kind of asset, I perform my risk assessment on a "worst case scenario basis". Think about insurance companies for instance. All of them would be out of business if they wouldn't take into account the "worst possible scenario" when assessing each client.

When I buy 1 stock of Ford or any other company, I'm not buying 1 share of Ford without its financial arm. I'm buying 1 share of Ford and all its subsidiaries. The whole package. That means I'm buying all the positives the mentioned group can give me, but also all the risks. For comparison purposes, I can not simply disregard the heavy baggage that comes with the purchase of Ford if I am not doing the same with TM or HMC. If I do that, then, it would not be apples to apples.

Some people don't mind that number. Others do. Ford does not pass the test (final result was 65%). But that doesn't mean it is a weak company. It is not.

It only means that the stock may not be as cheap as other valuation methods suggest.
    Apr 16, 2013. 08:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment