I am an independent commodity trader and a value investor. I grew up on a farm in the Midwest and am still actively involved in production Agriculture, which has remained my passion as an adult. The focus of my futures trading is in the Ag products. When it comes to investing, I try to find stocks trading at a deep value to their intrinsic value.
my DGI principles:
- buy and hold, only sell if reasons are too important to ignore like dividend cut
- only buy from David Fish´s CCC list, prefer Champions
- only buy what you understand (so noch tech or banks/financial stocks)
- each position should generate maximum of dividend income accoding to portfolio average dividend growth rate, so if worst case happened (dividend cut) overall dividend growth rate should compensate cut
- medium term goal: 55% of dividend income generated by consumer defense, telecommunication and utilities with longterm goal of 66%
portfolio in Sep 2016:
ABT, MO, ADM, T, KO, CL, XOM, GIS, JNJ, MMM, LMT, NEE, PEP,
PG, RTN, O, SO, UL, VZ
MON, PH, UTX, VFC, WEC
watching with no hope ;-)
my "All Star Team" here on SA:
Buyandhold2012, Chowder, Dividend Sleuth, Mike Nadel, Patrick Gunn, RoseNose, SimplySafeDividends (many many thanks for your work!!!)
I wish I was a successful famous investor so I could contribute something useful here, but I'm just a casual investor who took a one semester investing course at a local community college many moons ago. You won't be seeing any dazzling insightful investment articles penned by me, but if you need to know what table saw or saw blade to buy, I'm your guy! I'm married with 6 kids (4 still home), still working as a quality technician for Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (formerly a JNJ holding), and hoping to retire in the next 10-12 years. I manage about 1/3 of my 401K through Fidelity, and hire professionals to manage the rest. My investment philosophy is pretty flexible. My focus lately has been on generating income for retirement about 10 years out, and am trying learn all about the benefits of dividends.