DoctoRx

View DoctoRx's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Supernus Finding Success, Looks Undervalued [View article]
    Small Pharma Analyst, you're very welcome, and thank you in return for your detailed and as always erudite comments. Thanks re digging up the royalty rate on Orenitram; I missed that in reading through the 10-K for each company.
    Aug 16 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Rising Short Interest Provides Yet Another Reason To Own The Stock [View article]
    jdhca: You're very welcome. Indeed, I was a moderator for Braeburn for some time, then moved on.
    Best regards
    Doc
    Aug 16 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, Sungura. Interesting observations. The amount of $$ brought to the bottom line from increased sales is consistent with the gross profit margin on Sovaldi on each additional unit of sales, namely close to 100%. Nice work if you can get it!
    Aug 16 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    john edwin peterson: thanks for reading and for your kind comments. It's great to hear this is a life-changer for the better for you. Way cool, as we used to say! Can't comment on options - don't know my beta from my theta when it comes to proper pricing...
    Aug 15 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gilead Is The Most Exciting Growth Opportunity In 2014 [View article]
    Chuck, thanks for this contribution. Comprehensive, professional writeup as always. GILD is not close to the mania stage of a stock's bull market.
    Aug 15 06:54 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: TSMC's Q4 capacity nearly booked [View news story]
    Bullish. Long TSM. Selloff had no legs unless major global recession hits, in which case the bull move in Asian equities lately has been built on sand.
    Aug 15 06:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    tarheelboy: Thanks for reading and commenting. Why do you think I am unaware of Gilead's pipeline? You must be unaware that among other references I have made to its pipeline, on May 27 SA published my article linked here: http://seekingalpha.co..., titled "Recent Developments In Gilead's Non-Hepatitis C Programs," which discusses its pipeline at length.
    Aug 15 06:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Stocks4Dividends: Thanks for reading and commenting. Glad you're into GILD even though its dividend equivalent is shrinking shares outstanding.
    Aug 15 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nicholas, you're very welcome.
    Aug 15 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jose, I agree. In fact, if you take a ruler to GILD's share price in 2012-3, it targets $160 at the end of 2014. This year has been an underperformer for GILD c/w the prior two (beginning when Sovaldi/Pharmasset was acquired). This looks like a buy the rumor/sell the news story, but the news keeps getting better, so the shorts are, happily, running out of negative arguments.
    Aug 15 06:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MarcusRWD: Glad to elicit a LOL! Thanks for sharing that, and for your kind comments. All the calls I've been adding have also been Jan 2016... GLT(us)...
    Aug 15 04:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    zorro2828: Could happen!
    Aug 15 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rasna, thanks for sharing your thoughts. BTW, I remain long YHOO too. I hadn't realized that the Alibaba IPO would not occur until September, or I wouldn't have gone long so many months ago in the high $30s. Re Gilead, I am metaphysically certain that they are looking at acquisitions. Much/most of their pipeline, including Zydelig, was acquired via acquisitions. Obviously, so was Sovaldi. If I were to speculate, I would think of Intercept (IPCT) or the French company Genfit (GNFT:PA) to assist them in liver diseases. I would also speculate that United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR) could be both accretive to EPS and help them expand in cardiovascular and in oncology. Then, there are lots of private companies pitching their wares to Gilead. Should be exciting!
    Aug 15 04:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hoopono: Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I concur that politics could harm Gilead and GILD's share price. I do, however, have to sympathize with the payors. This safe and effective curative regimen for hep C came out of nowhere, and has not been budgeted for by Medicaid, prison systems, etc. Many hep C patients also have HIV; others are IV drug users who may get cured and get reinfected. So, cost is a real issue... part of the reason I'm so bullish on GILD is that Gilead's mgmt has faced this general sort of problem as it build its anti-HIV franchise. So I trust they will do the right thing both for shareholders and society.
    Aug 15 04:21 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bruce7b: Thanks for reading and commenting. The active ingredient of Sovaldi is sofosbuvir, a well-described compound. Turning that into a product that can be swallowed is likely child's play. Gilead's practice with anti-HIV drugs is to allow the AIDS epidemic to be treated inexpensively or for free in poor countries, so what it has been doing for hep C is consistent. Good for them!
    Aug 15 04:18 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment