View as an RSS Feed
S&P 500's All-Time Highs: Buy Or Bye?
- The S&P 500 and Germany's DAX are at record highs.
- Momentum traders claim this is bullish, while some longer-term investors are nervous.
- History suggests new highs are positive, even when adjusted for today's lofty US valuations.
Sunset For The S&P 500?
- Some bears believe solar activity points to poor returns on US stocks.
- Since 1871, returns have been better between solar minima and maxima.
- While there are plenty of reasons to be bearish right now, sunspots are not among them.
U.K. Stocks At Risk Of Negative Returns
- Valuations on UK closed-end funds are looking stretched.
- Historically, this has led to poor returns for the FTSE All-Share (ASX).
- The end of QE in the US could be the trigger for downside in London.
- The S&P 500's Bumpy Road To Nowhere
- The S&P 500's Aging Bull Market Is Not Over Yet