Donald E. L. Johnson began his financial writing career as a commodities reporter on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade for The Wall Street Journal. He has reported for the Chicago Sun-Times, New York Journal of Commerce, American Metal Market-Metalworking News and Modern Healthcare, where he was editor for 10 years. He wrote about the futures, money and capital markets and the banking, agribusiness, transportation, auto, metals, health care, health insurance and other industries as a reporter, editor, publisher and owner of a small periodical and book publisher. Johnson has an MBA in finance.
- Description: Retired. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Bonds, Dividend stock ideas & income, Options, Stocks - long
Currently, there is no company profile for Donald Johnson.
The Business Word I invest and speculate to preserve capital and generate income for my retirement. My goal is to blog as objectively as possible, because I am trying to evaluate investment strategies for myself. Blogging helps me think about risks and opportunities. While I write both bullish and bearish posts, I trade on ...More
the bull side. So I'm always looking for buying opportunities, but when a stock I'm interested in turns south, I write it up. My trading in options to date has been limited to writing covered calls for income. What I bring to the party are more than 40 years of investing, trading and writing about the futures, money and equity markets as a journalist, business owner and speculator. We're all speculators. Investors buy and run businesses. Thus, I have a lot of experience in analyzing the fundamentals of the overall economy, sectors and stocks. In addition, I watch the charts and other technicals and use them to time my trades.
Currently, there are no book details for Donald Johnson.
Latest Comments more »
- I guess BRK is under valued... on Berkshire Hathaway Is Undervalued By 20%-25%
- Deposit your money in banks... on It Can Happen Here: The Confiscation Scheme Pla...
- I posted these questions fo... on A Look Inside Berkshire's 2012 Shareholder Letter
- Tim Cook pandered to Mrs. O... on Apple (AAPL) has slashed prices for three 13" M...
- Many of the articles I read... on How Much Is Abbott Labs Worth?
Latest comments on Donald's Articles