This user currently has no profile.
Donald E. L. Johnson began his financial writing career as a commodities reporter on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade for The Wall Street Journal. He has reported for the Chicago Sun-Times, New York Journal of Commerce, American Metal Market-Metalworking News and Modern Healthcare, where he was editor for 10 years. He wrote about the futures, money and capital markets and the banking, agribusiness, transportation, auto, metals, health care, health insurance and other industries as a reporter, editor, publisher and owner of a small periodical and book publisher. Johnson has an MBA in finance.
- Description: Retired. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Bonds, Dividend stock ideas & income, Options, Stocks - long
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
The Business Word I invest and speculate to preserve capital and generate income for my retirement. My goal is to blog as objectively as possible, because I am trying to evaluate investment strategies for myself. Blogging helps me think about risks and opportunities. While I write both bullish and bearish posts, I trade on ...More
the bull side. So I'm always looking for buying opportunities, but when a stock I'm interested in turns south, I write it up. My trading in options to date has been limited to writing covered calls for income. What I bring to the party are more than 40 years of investing, trading and writing about the futures, money and equity markets as a journalist, business owner and speculator. We're all speculators. Investors buy and run businesses. Thus, I have a lot of experience in analyzing the fundamentals of the overall economy, sectors and stocks. In addition, I watch the charts and other technicals and use them to time my trades.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
VZ 1 day wonder? Jan 15 calls value @ 51-61. Oct 17, 2013
Latest Comments more »
- What about Exxon (XOM)?XOM ... on Attractively Priced Dividend Growers With A Ver...
- Covered calls:AXS, JNS, THG... on Attractively Priced Dividend Growers With A Ver...
- Somehow I missed CNQ. SCTR.... on Attractively Priced Dividend Growers With A Ver...
- Valuentum's "Dividend ... on Attractively Priced Dividend Growers With A Ver...
- On Morningstar, seven of th... on Attractively Priced Dividend Growers With A Ver...