View as an RSS Feed
View Doug Carey, CFA's Articles BY TICKER:
Apple Or Microsoft For Dividend Growth?
- Apple's dividend growth so far has much to be desired.
- Dividend-growth investors might be better off with Microsoft's growing dividend for the long run.
- It is important to project out the rates of return given dividend-growth assumptions.
Can You Live Off Of Dividend Growth Income In Retirement?
- It is still possible to live off income only in retirement: Dividend Income.
- We will look at how we can analyze just what it takes to live off dividend income only.
- We run scenarios and stress test our base case assumptions.
How To Weight Your Dividend Growth Stocks
- This methodology helps investors figure out how to assign weights to dividend payers.
- Having a disciplined methodology like this helps maintain focus and sell the worst of the bunch.
- Use the spreadsheet in the article to create your own weighting scheme.
Retirement Income Planning With Altria Group
- Altria has an amazing history of high dividend yields and dividend growth.
- Altria is also relatively non-cyclical, which provides some diversification with other dividend-growth stocks.
- Income planning with dividend-growth stocks and change an entire retirement situation.
How To Lower Or Even Eliminate Your Taxes On REITs
- REIT dividends are taxed at ordinary income tax rates in taxable accounts.
- By converting the dividends to capital gains investors can save big on taxes.
- The higher the dividend, the more important this strategy becomes.
Dividend Yield Vs. Dividend Growth: Johnson & Johnson Vs. Eli Lilly
- Johnson & Johnson and Eli Lilly are a good case study of dividend yield vs. dividend growth.
- Johnson & Johnson has been a steady dividend payer for over 40 years.
- Eli Lilly has a higher dividend yield but the dividend growth is lacking.
Can Altria Save Your Retirement Portfolio?
- Altria's dividend yield is one of the best among dividend champions.
- Altria has never cut its dividend over a year time-frame since it began paying dividends in the 70s.
- Dividend-growth stocks like Altria are wonderful additions to retirement portfolios.
How To Weight Dividend Payers In Your Portfolio
- Weighting your dividend payers should be done by variables other than market cap.
- We can use multiple parameters for weighting holdings, such as dividend yield and growth.
- Having a disciplined weighting scheme can help investors retain the best companies.
Can You Retire By Age 60?
- Many people have no idea when they can retire.
- Investing in dividend-growth stocks can allow investors to retire earlier.
- Look for dividend-growth stocks with a history of increased dividend payments.
Microsoft And Apple: The Battle For Dividends
- Microsoft and Apple are now dividend growth stocks.
- Both are great additions to retirement portfolios.
- It is important to analyze how dividend growth adds to the total return over time.
Retirement Income Planning With Johnson & Johnson
- Retirement income planning has become more difficult.
- Investors are looking to dividend-growth stocks for income.
- Companies like JNJ can help investors not run out of money in retirement.
- Reduce (Or Even Eliminate) Those Pesky Taxes On Mortgage REIT Dividends
- Can Archer Daniels Midland Save Your Retirement Portfolio?
- Can You Retire On Less Than $1 Million?
- Choosing Weights For Your Dividend Growth Portfolio
- Dividend Yield Vs. Dividend Growth: Merck Vs. Procter & Gamble
- How A Company Like Johnson & Johnson Can Save Retirement Portfolios
- Procter & Gamble Or Kimberly-Clark For Retirement Portfolios?
- Retirement Income Planning With Dividend Growth Stocks
- How To Weight Your Dividend Paying Stocks: Q3 Update
- Wal-Mart: A Great Addition To Retirement Portfolios
- Why I Added Both Exxon And Chevron To My Retirement Portfolio
- It's Time To Add Microsoft To Retirement Portfolios
- Reap The Rewards Of Exxon's Dividend For The Long Run
- The Problem Of (And Solution To) Life Expectancy In Retirement Plans
- Dividend Yield Vs. Dividend Growth: Sysco Vs. ADM
- How To Reduce (Or Eliminate) Paying Taxes On American Capital Agency's Dividend
- What Exxon Can Do For Your Retirement Portfolio
- Merck Vs. Johnson & Johnson: Dividend Yield Vs. Dividend Growth
- Figuring Out When You Can Retire
- Weighting Your Dividend Paying Stocks: A Disciplined Approach
- How Apple Can Help You Retire When You Want