Doug Carey, CFA

View Doug Carey, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How To Lower Or Even Eliminate Your Taxes On REITs [View article]
    Yes, that's correct.
    Jun 26 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Yield Vs. Dividend Growth: Johnson & Johnson Vs. Eli Lilly [View article]
    Yes. Bottom one is LLY. Sorry for the typo.
    May 29 01:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Weight Dividend Payers In Your Portfolio [View article]
    I would disagree that the market sets the entire dividend yield. When Apple declared their dividend their yield went from 0% to about 2%. That was set solely by Apple. The market had nothing to do with it.
    May 2 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Weight Dividend Payers In Your Portfolio [View article]
    Interesting idea. My strategy is based more on fundamentals. Yours is based on the risk of income. It's possible to combine the two though.
    May 1 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Weight Dividend Payers In Your Portfolio [View article]
    Yahoo Finance and here as well- http://bit.ly/1fwA3Dq
    May 1 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Retire By Age 60? [View article]
    Good question: We use the historical 10 year correlation, which is -0.51.
    Apr 10 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Retire By Age 60? [View article]
    Thanks for the heads-up. It is a misprint. It should say they have $400K now. I will have this changed.
    Apr 9 09:50 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Income Planning With Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Just a hypothetical scenario to help make the example work. Could have been sale of a business, inheritance, etc. But I do see your point and will make it more clear in future articles. Thanks.
    Mar 5 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Reduce (Or Even Eliminate) Those Pesky Taxes On Mortgage REIT Dividends [View article]
    My accountant and my tax forms disagree.
    Feb 17 09:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, nobody can predict the future price. If you would have bought and held during that time period you also would have lost money AND you would have owed income taxes on the dividends. At least with this strategy I've laid out you could have offset your dividend taxes with capital losses.
    Feb 14 07:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Retire On Less Than $1 Million? [View article]
    Thanks, that was well said and exactly how I see it as well.
    Jan 20 09:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Retire On Less Than $1 Million? [View article]
    I completely agree that it's prudent to be more conservative with assumptions when creating your own plan. I too assume I will live to age 95!
    Jan 16 03:16 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Choosing Weights For Your Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Sorry, I do not give out my entire portfolio since I do charge for investment advice.
    Jan 8 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How A Company Like Johnson & Johnson Can Save Retirement Portfolios [View article]
    I am a big fan of Exxon and Procter & Gamble for the long-run. Be careful of seeking out just high yield though. As I've pointed out before, growth in dividends can be as or more important.
    Dec 6 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble Or Kimberly-Clark For Retirement Portfolios? [View article]
    I should have made it more clear that I was looking to add only one of these stocks to my portfolio at the time. But yes, both are solid dividend-growth stocks and I have nothing against Kimberly-Clark. But if I had to make a choice, PG is definitely what I am going with.
    Nov 22 09:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment