Doug Dallam

View Doug Dallam's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Butterfly Effect: Advanced Cell Technology Becomes Ocata Therapeutics (OCAT) [View article]
    Brook,

When you say short, do you mean market maker short? It's not the same as "going short" on a option. MM's do the buy and sale of shares they don't have all of the time--called shorting. They don't really have the shares, but at the end of the day, they must have them, or sell them, whichever they are "short." That's why you see "short" 1 day.
    Dec 27, 2014. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    Anton,

One advantage is that it is easier to park? I'm looking for that too.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    Ah got it, thanks for that. Wow can't believe Dodge forgot that in their larger van.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    I was talking about an average condo in Sacramento, CA.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Money flowing out of biotech today [View news story]
    RH

It doesn't mean anything negative necessarily. Many micro cap biotech mangers and scientists do this regularly to pad their incomes. If they didn't get those options.shares, they many leave the comapny. And if I understand correctly, they are not shorting, but simply selling long into a momentum increase.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Money flowing out of biotech today [View news story]
    Mine,

Yeah, I have no idea what the global revenue would be. Also, it's not for all HIV, but the "most prevalent" form. In other words, although 1% of the population are immune to HIV I (for lack of a scientific name for the common HIV) it may be the case that no one is immune to HIV II, for instance. That would mean creating a new genetic whatever you would call it, or actually change the human genome beyond what it is in any human, again, that is, create a new gene and replace the current gene. That could be decades out, if even possible. This is HIV possible cure for HIV I is gene therapy, but they have not created a new gene, but what they have done is to give the immune population's gene type to others who do not share it.

It would just take so much work to figure out this potential.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, and today it's still at mid $6's.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Scry

"Stupid me. I should have endorsed following uplist and equity raise but trusted instead. "

No, anyone who understands markets knows this is assumed. You didn't do anything wrong.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Brook,

Then whomever leaked it would be in legal trouble. This could be a closed negotiation with only a very few people with knowledge.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    You are all awesome. This is great information.

Thanks.
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    Tdot,

An interesting theory!
    Dec 26, 2014. 07:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    Dave,

That explains what I read about Nissan not being able to get their mini vans Diesel approved in the US. Great information and thank you.
    Dec 26, 2014. 06:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    Anton,

Great argument. I didn't even think about the things you brought up.

I was mainly interested in the Nissan NV200, for the reasons you say, and with a 4 cyc diesel, but I wasn't aware of a new Dodge minivan.

I looked on the Dodge site and could not find interior dimensions. The NV200 looks like it has more head room or vertical space in the cargo area. Is that true? It also seems a little cheaper than the Dodge.
    Dec 26, 2014. 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    Anton

"Now I'm just hoping that Airstream starts making products based on the Ford, in time for me buying a mobile office or a mobile home :) "

I'd have thought you would hope for a Dodge version?
    Dec 26, 2014. 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment