Doug Dallam

View Doug Dallam's Comments BY TICKER:
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    Anton

Thanks for the reply.

I would probably buy one if it were diesel. That gas millage for a 4 cyc isn't impressive. I mean a 1987 Toyota mini cargo 4 cyc got that. I had one and loved it. But that technology is almost 30 years old.

Not only that, but how much do you think the price will drop off resale on the 2015-2017 NV200 gas when the diesel comes out?

What I like about the Nissan NV200 is that it's interior space is better than Ford's.
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Efficient Commercial Work Vans Reduce Demand For Gasoline [View article]
    The only problem with the smaller mini like vans, such as the NV200, is that they don't get any better average mileage than the new Dodge, and they have 4 cyc engines.
    2015 NV200
    24 city / 26 highway

I read where Nissan gave up trying to get the 4 cyc diesel into the US. Imagine the NV200 with a 4 cyc turbo diesel:

29 city/40 highway ??
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Don't Think Russia Will Blow Up This Time Around [View article]
    Paulo,

This is what I meant (I didn't mean "freeze" but "manipulate":

"Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has signed an order forcing the country's largest state exporters to sell part of their foreign currency revenues to help stabilize the ruble, Kommersant daily newspaper reports. The paper added that the government has sent orders to gas firm Gazprom (OTCPK:OGZPY), oil firms Rosneft (OTC:RNFTF) and Zarubezhneft and diamond producer Alrosa. The ruble hit a 2-week high on the news, trading as high as 53 to the dollar today."
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ghosts Of LTCM And 2008 Collide - Putin Is Crushed [View article]
    ella

"Putin and the Chinese are playing a long game and our military is not up to challenge. "

The US military also has partners you would need to add to that total. You're talking about virtually total global military domination over Russia, North Korea, and China if any major conflict broke out.

It wouldn't be the US against China and Russia, for example. It would be the world against China and Russia. Please add Britain, France, Germany, Canada, Japan, Israel, et al to the US world military force. It's a pretty potent force to recon with when you tally it. It's called Nato.

Nato has 7.8M active and reserve ready military personnel.
    There are 20 aircraft carriers in service world wide. Russia and China have one each. The rest belong to Nato countries, of which the US owns 10 of them.

War, as you perceive it, is really not an option. That's one reason the US military has condensed itself and gone bonkers with high tech--that's the future. Please see, for instance, Directed Energy Weapons:

Nato countries, and mainly the US, are light years ahead of China and Russia here.

First deployed laser by the USN: "The video of the laser weapon at work during a deployment comes more than a year after we reported on what could be a shift in U.S. military tactics. " http://1.usa.gov/1xJ1Fgs
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ghosts Of LTCM And 2008 Collide - Putin Is Crushed [View article]
    Because the probabilities are not set by the house. If the information leads us to believe that Russia will not default, and that international relations will thaw before there is a Russian default, there is a ton of money to be made in Ruble Forex. It might be worth a few thousand USD to buy long the Ruble. Shorting it could work too, but from a more investment like perspective, I'd buy the Ruble and expect it to go up against the USD at some point.

My broker doesn't give us the ability to trade the Ruble using any currency, however. Pisses me off.
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Don't Think Russia Will Blow Up This Time Around [View article]
    baer

lol. Only in Russia. I don't see how this will affect MBT unless the Russian government sells his shares.
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Pharmaceuticals: An Update On My $2 Biotech Lottery Ticket [View article]
    Wow, can't beat those terms! Good deal, Bret.

I want to say thanks for this update too.
    Dec 23, 2014. 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Butterfly Effect: Advanced Cell Technology Becomes Ocata Therapeutics (OCAT) [View article]
    What makes you think something went wrong?

I'm just not convinced that the uplist delay occurred from negative events.
    Dec 23, 2014. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's in it's 6 months range. Relax. Next week it will be 7. Big deal.
    Dec 23, 2014. 02:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Brook,

"They didn't pitch the company well to the people that matter and completely missed major talking points in their roadshow. "

They don't have to pitch it, really, as large JV partners will have their own in house PhD bio-analyst cover it before a decision is made. They just have to hit the main points of the science, and the PhD bio-analysts will take it from there.

I see it a little differently than you do. Their house is now fully in order and clean with no debt. No debt, for a small biotech? Small float. Good science. If they have to survive solo until Phase II interim results are released, and given those results show that big efficacy, they can do that too,although the capital raise may not be in their favor.

All in all, they are looking pretty strong, regardless of any missed timelines. There may not be any upside for the next indeterminate future timeline, but the possibility science-wise is there. Possible catalyst:

(1) Announcement of first injections for Phase II SMD.
    (2) Uplist actuality.
    (3) Good financing deal, whatever it is.

As always, there is the possibility that there simply is no interest in the science, for whatever reason, such as lack of Phase II interim results. In that case, the longer there is no interest, the lower the price will fall regardless of how good the science is. In that case, they would have to wait until Phase II actually interests investment, or market it themselves.
    Dec 23, 2014. 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Money flowing out of biotech today [View news story]
    I think it's just reallocation for the year end.
    Dec 23, 2014. 02:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Money flowing out of biotech today [View news story]
    I took a paper position in SGMO last month @10.50. If you search the boards you'll see my comment. I didn't know enough about the company to take a real position, but my instincts with what information I did have said buy at that level.

If they have positive results from their Phase II HIV gene therapy, coming up, I'd expect it to do a nice long run. Still scared of it for some reason, though.
    Dec 23, 2014. 02:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Don't Think Russia Will Blow Up This Time Around [View article]
    It doesn't matter now. My broker doesn't have Ruble pairs :(
    Dec 22, 2014. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CarCharging Group's Long-Term Risk/Reward Trade-Off Looks Interesting [View article]
    One problem is that the electric future may be too far "in the future."
    Dec 22, 2014. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Brook

I'm not worried about it at all until after Jan 1st. No one is going to be making any big deals in the next 35 hours. After that, everyone will be too "on vacation" for anything to happen before Jan 1. (Now watch them announce the Holy Grail tomorrow.)

The new SEC release is also interesting with the AMD trial moved up. That's a more expensive trial than the Phase I MMD trial, so if they can move it up (If) that's a good sign.

The fact that their timelines changed (moving AMD to April instead of June) in the official SEC release is interesting. However interesting it is, though, doesn't mean they will start it then. It's a "forward looking statement."
    Dec 22, 2014. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment