Doug Eberhardt

View Doug Eberhardt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gold Is Heading Lower [View article]
    Thanks QP, and to your other comment too. I think you bought DUST at end of day. Good luck! (I went home flat and happy (4th)!)!
    Jul 5, 2015. 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Are On Borrowed Time [View article]
    The world's safe money flows to treasuries as it is "perceived" as the last bastion of safety. Nothing more than that. Doesn't mean they are "safe" either. It will be a timing thing in my opinion. Contrarian and I differ only in the timing and how severe it will be. Doesn't mean we can't get there, but I think there is going to be a faster reaction time, albeit the Fed hasn't shown this to be the case historically. We'll find out in Europe and Japan before our shores though.
    Jul 5, 2015. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Are On Borrowed Time [View article]
    Who did you buy from Rogro? No idea what they told you so I can't speak for them. Some silver products started having delays of 10-14 days on this last dip, but I don't know when you bought.

What dealers do is they buy in advance what they think the demand will be. They have future orders as well, but they have not arrived yet. So they sell the future deliveries and so on. You'll also see them raise premiums should the price fall to quickly. They are not on the business to lose money.

My clients buy the dip no matter what nationality. :-)
    Jul 5, 2015. 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simply Outrageous Call On Gold [View article]
    cyber, my advice has been the same; dollar cost average into a position. This is what asset allocation also dictates; take from what has been hitting higher highs (the stock market) and put it into what is hitting lower lows (gold and silver). This doesn't by any means say put all your money in gold and silver.

I am long term bullish on gold and silver, yes.
    Jul 5, 2015. 04:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simply Outrageous Call On Gold [View article]
    Heading to FreedomFest next week. I'll have a booth there (Buy Gold and Silver Safely) if anyone is in Vegas and wants to stop by and chat.

Paul Krugman is there along with Glenn Beck, (2 people I'll take a picture with to mock later - Beck because of the gold company he touts, Krugman for obvious reasons), Steve Forbes, Marco Rubio, John Stossel (doing a show), and many more. http://freedomfest.com

Steve Wynn attending too, someone I would like to have a chat with.
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simply Outrageous Call On Gold [View article]
    If they run out of gold....silver will be there. wink
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simply Outrageous Call On Gold [View article]
    Ok, 7/8/32 :-)
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Are On Borrowed Time [View article]
    whoopsie...been on edge since visiting the ex wife, haha.

Nice comment with the word "pithy" in it above!

JNUG came back a bit.
    Jul 2, 2015. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Are On Borrowed Time [View article]
    This is what you wrote bogi (not sure reading the English language how I do if I misinterpreted it, but that's what I read):

"Poor Ben , Avi , Doug , CA and so many others here incl. myself ( who is afraid of heights and won't jump at all ) who are in the dark when it comes to gold "
    Jul 2, 2015. 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simply Outrageous Call On Gold [View article]
    Yes Ben, the hardest decision I tell investors who buy gold they'll have to make is "when to sell." Naturally it will be when everything else is beaten down and they can scoop up bargains ala Joe Kennedy circa 1929. #inaperfectworld
    Jul 2, 2015. 01:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Are On Borrowed Time [View article]
    bogi, because you have a history of coming into the conversation on my older articles and telling people what I currently think (which I then correct you on). Just wanted you to be in on the "current" conversation. :-) Only reason.
    Jul 2, 2015. 12:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simply Outrageous Call On Gold [View article]
    Good article Ben! Glad you could interview Avi and get some good understanding of where we are with gold, where we might go short term, and where it is headed long term, whether we are alive or not! Many investors I talk to say they are leaving it for their children, not trying to get rich off of it. So the long term predictions make sense.
    Jul 2, 2015. 12:57 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Are On Borrowed Time [View article]
    Thanks for the reply contrarian. There is a reason I am pushing myself to get my next book (actually 2) written as quickly as I can. They can at least prepare. But I also have solutions that can be implemented. The problem is, timing. How fast will things implode? Yes, Greece is the prelude. So is Puerto Rico. So is Illinois. So is Japan from a larger perspective but they have lasted this long because of being a net exporter and owning debt (ours) and their own for the most part.

For you to be dollar bullish, you by default have to be negative on the Euro, Yen, Pound (83% of the dollar). Do you see things imploding abroad first? That's my take, and another reason why many of those will flock to gold and support the price level. Just curious your thoughts on the triggers. I view like you the dollar and treasuries as the "perceived" safety net and will grow stronger over the short term (and last 3 years). Gold will lag a bit but then join them.

And then.... hard to say what level we devolve to. I just know I'm in the right business either way, try to be as intellectually honest as I can based on my reading of the data, and am trying to bring awareness via my writing as you do. Whether people see the same things we see, 95% (generous?) of America is as Elvis would say; "caught in a trap" with unsuspicous minds.
    Jul 2, 2015. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Are On Borrowed Time [View article]
    contrarian, what about the terror attack on July 4th? :-) (no, I don't use this news to scare people into buying gold).

Regarding your comment above; "DXY gets to 140, EURUSD to .60, oil to $20, TLT to $160, gold to $600-$900, silver <$10, copper to $1.50, S&P to 500-600."

I'm with you on most things, but not to the extremes you have on the above, but if we're close, that's good enough. Definitely dollar and treasury bullish. There is definitely potential in a deflationary scenario for the extremes to be hit, but I believe the only place you and I disagree is the action to be taken by the Fed. I think it will be swifter than expected. They normally are reactive, but if we slip too much too fast, I think they may interfere much faster than history dictates because of how inter-connected the G7 and G20 is now (and IMF).

I'll write my all in article for gold between $850 and $1,000 as I have said. On this little dip in precious metals alone two of my suppliers had to push out delivery time on silver. Yes, I have been busy the last 10 days on this dip, but not as busy as the last 2 major dips. And they are pushing out delivery times already? This is insight that most don't have and why I will be a little quicker with my predictions of a bottom being in once we break $1,000. I want people to buy physical gold and silver while supply and premiums are not an issue.

Enjoy your 4th!
    Jul 2, 2015. 10:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    Can't really argue with this Mr. Smith. I don't think the Fed is in control and at some point will revert to what they know best; interference. They perceive they have to do something to get money velocity in gear because QE didn't do anything to help it as the banks only improved their balance sheets and hoarded the funds via the safe haven of treasuries for the small gift. They can't force banks to do things. Europe was going to try this at one point but that never happened either.

PIcked up a little JNUG today for a technical bounce after the jobs report. Won't hold over long weekend but hey, there is rumor of a terrorist attack so....maybe holding a little wouldn't hurt (who needs gold bugs to fear monger when the Department of Homeland Security can do it for them?
    Jul 2, 2015. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment