Doug Eberhardt

View Doug Eberhardt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • SNB Spikes Gold, Crushes Currency Traders - Will The ECB Do The Same? [View article]
    Debt will never go back to the billions. How's that for a "never?" :-)
    Jan 25, 2015. 10:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Gold's Spectacular Rally Continue? [View article]
    solar, I have been saying in private circles for the longest time that the best trade going into the FOMC meetings is an options straddle where you collect from both sides. Very astute!
    Jan 25, 2015. 10:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    why would they golfin?
    Jan 23, 2015. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    blackberry, haven't cost averaged down yet but will. Profit goal is over $500 but will move stops ups and get what I can out of it. If I add shares, my profit goal will be higher because I don't think we are too far from this bottom (today? but not final bottom) and ready for a move higher.

I took some from JDST but all out now. I still think the buy the dip in JDST is the play.
    Jan 23, 2015. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Game Time For Gold [View article]
    Thanks filipo, the first link didn't work but good info. Got this from my Swiss friend too: http://www.gold.de

Where do you see the EUR/USD going? Just curious. My guess is par, and from there things could get ugly if Draghi's magic potion isn't working.
    Jan 22, 2015. 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Precious metals miners surge on Swiss stunner [View news story]
    I got out of JDST on the run up pre-market and bought again smaller shares at 7.04. I'll play this game till it doesn't work. :-)
    Jan 22, 2015. 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Geost, if you listen to the Dent/Schiff interview, it's actually pretty good as far as the points Dent makes regarding deflation. But his price targets are way too low as he doesn't think to take into account what the Fed may do to counter deflation because deflation doesn't fit into their 2% inflation goals. They have to have inflation of some sort for their game to work.

But Schiff only sees one side of the golden coin. He constantly says "weaker dollar" or "dollar crash" and never looks at price action staring him in the face.
    Jan 22, 2015. 01:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Game Time For Gold [View article]
    ok cool IT.
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Game Time For Gold [View article]
    ok thanks filipo. If you have a website, please provide (research purposes).

Draghi is Europe's savior, right?

Greece vote Sunday will be interesting.
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have it on good authority, the bottom is in for oil. J/K

Yeah, just going for scalps right now. Made a mistake on the 2.95 entry before the report. My bad. Too many things going on which doesn't make for a good trader. Also playing with their money being up for the day gives you the Illusion that you can do anything.

Nice chart on DWTI. Silver had a chart like that in 2011, lol.
    Jan 22, 2015. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good advice Greg. No reason to take risk by holding over the wekend, but play the trend come Monday.

FYI, I did sell my UWTI at 3.13 and just bought back at 2.95. Will cost average down into a position. 2.80 now. Next order 2.70.
    Jan 22, 2015. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Game Time For Gold [View article]
    IT, I think the point you are making from a long gold point of view can be summed up in what I wrote in my last article. From this outlook I can agree: "When the Dow was at 7500 in 2009 you may have been tempted to buy it. But the Dow fell further to 6443 and you might have been panicking a little bit. Yet 5 years later we hit 18,000 and we’re not sure when this run will stop. Do you think the investor who bought at 7500 really cares that they didn’t catch the exact bottom when they are sitting on a 140% return? Probably not, even though the few investors that caught the bottom earned 39% more on their money."

But I also understand your point about shorting not being an easy thing to do and most don't do it.
    Jan 22, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Game Time For Gold [View article]
    IT, I think most of us here are day or swing traders, especially with the triple leveraged ETFs. You can't marry a short position and you can't marry a triple leveraged ETF. I wrote this elsewhere to make the point; "Many people don’t realize that the 52 week return for JDST is -74.26% as of Dec. 31, 2014 and -83.79% for JNUG."

I think you mean the EUR/USD is at 1.14. The dollar index is 93.5 http://bit.ly/oWmHa1

I think the EUR/USD will be at parity at some point. 1.00.

Will be interesting to see what the Greece vote Sunday brings.
    Jan 22, 2015. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I sell gold for a living and concur Ben. Not a gold standard guy and you won't find it in any of my articles.

I do agree with blaise about the CB craziness. See this: http://bit.ly/1y3O549
    Jan 22, 2015. 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Game Time For Gold [View article]
    Individual Trader, I would say a 30% profit is worth it as most would, but I think you are insinuating when you say "short term" that it would be a quick move down and then back up. Technically, if you are a "perfect" market timer, which none of us are, that's a 60% potential profit. I would take 10%, 20%, 30% of that 60% by catching some of that wave and riding it both directions.
    Jan 22, 2015. 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment