Doug Eberhardt

View Doug Eberhardt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • It's Time To Buy Gold [View article]
    Bogi, I am not addressing Ben or Avi and their calls. I am addressing your characterization of what I say, whether bullish or bearish. Please quote me and link it. Then I can address what you may or may not be missing in my thinking. I'm very clear in my writings and I don't want people to be confused between time-frames. Thank you.
    Apr 16, 2015. 10:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    bogi, I am not talking about Avi or Ben. You mischaracterize me. If you are going to post something I say, use quotes and link it.
    Apr 16, 2015. 10:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Gold [View article]
    Bogi, read my Current Thoughts tonight and I'll break down more clearly what I have been recommending. Thanks. In a nutshell I have given 7 long gold mining stock trades so far and I'll give everyone a peak at my ETF Research Trading Service and the results. http://bit.ly/1t3eaCr
    Apr 15, 2015. 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Gold [View article]
    bogi, here is my reply to you in another thread where you called me bullish and gold fell about $11 that day;

"Where did I say I was bullish bogi? My last article was pretty clear when it said; "Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait for Under $1,000." I try not to play both sides. I can trade both side though.

We are in a range and we broke out of the range this morning lower, but it didn't yet trigger buys for me in JDST or DUST and I am not long JNUG or NUGT etc.

At the end of Ben's article he said we can still bounce from these lower levels (or lower). Bounces always come and we are due for one I think. But if my buy orders for JDST trigger, I will play that side.

Overall I am still bearish until we hit my targets."

Avi and Ben are also both bearish overall.
    Apr 15, 2015. 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    insightful, yeah, "Gold Bug" is just the nickname for the HUI Index.

There is the HUI and also the XAU and GDM (which no one ever talks about) which the ETF:GDX tries to replicate. The importance of these indexes is the weighting they give each mining company. Each index has to meet certain criteria for a company to meet to be included.

I explain each one in my Mining Package. http://bit.ly/1ylD1Eg
    Apr 15, 2015. 01:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    James, what does this have to do with the article?
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    Yes dvernes, no one likes to hear what I say, which is why I try and back it up with substance rather than what gold bugs give for their reasons as to why gold will go higher. I have many clients waiting patiently to buy after my green light, "all in" article.
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    dverenes, let me know what I wrote that gives a time-frame as to the "when" the bottom will hit. Just curious what you are reading that gives a time-frame. Thanks!
    Apr 14, 2015. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 2015 Yellow Sleeper: How And Why I Invest In Gold [View article]
    Hi Ray, I can't disagree with your strategy but your average investor in precious metals simply wants to keep it simple, doesn't care about gold's lack of income (can sell some and raise cash any time) and has no counterparty risk (which really has nothing to do with end of world scenarios, but more with the fragility of our derivatives system which is primarily bank controlled still).

They view physical metal as insurance first, and that insurance has a good track record over the long term (Personally I know we're not Zimbabwe and I have been dollar bullish and telling investors to hold off on gold purchases till under $1,000).

If you try to explain your strategy to a trucker (no reason why I chose truckers in particular) from Alabama, there isn't much chance of convincing him to do this type of strategy. But for some I can see your strategy as beneficial and am glad you have shared it.
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Gold [View article]

Overall I am still bearish until we hit my targets.
    Apr 14, 2015. 08:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    dcranes, alligators and bigfoot? wow, lol. It's ok to dollar cost average into a position. But I can't agree that the U.S. is Greece. You can start with our economic differences and then move on to military, technological, Monetary control, etc.
    Apr 14, 2015. 08:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    dcranes, Thanks for the comments. To clarify; I am VERY clear that I think gold will go under $1,000. I have written it in several articles and continually in my Current Thoughts where I remind people of it constantly. You can view the Current Thoughts each day here: http://bit.ly/1t3eaCr
    Apr 14, 2015. 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    And the debts of the world will go higher and higher, so it pays to have some insurance because governments always do what historically has failed. Some will fail quicker than others. Not sure about the population of the world stagnating either. http://bit.ly/ruMsGS
    Apr 12, 2015. 04:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    Thanks Dan,

I do recommend mining stocks at some point here http://bit.ly/1ylD1Eg
    Apr 11, 2015. 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    Saw, great comment! I can't make it my "choice" for some reason.
    Apr 11, 2015. 02:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment