Doug Eberhardt

View Doug Eberhardt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Interesting Times For All Commodities And Investments!! Chapter 76.... [View instapost]
    Gold and Silver are Money. It is government via the Fed that has come along and has tried to get people to think otherwise (JBTN). It is a transfer of wealth via a fractional reserve system, plain and simple. http://bit.ly/1oOUw9Y

Some might call it an "Illusion of Wealth."

Aug 19 05:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    One can't compare what was money of the day to a stock. That's silly. Money should hold their purchasing value over time and stocks should appreciate. It's also not an either or and Monday morning quarterbacking is quite an easy thing to do.

Gold and silver have been money since the times of Jesus. They still act as a medium of exchange and store of value over time. Sometimes dollars are a better medium of exchange, like right now as the Dollar Index keeps creeping up.

It's not hurting my JNUG trade though! :-)
    Aug 18 03:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    IT, silver is acting like the industrial metal it is, and feeling the effects of deflation. It's only about $1 from it's double bottom of last year. Once it breaks below that, the inflationary gold bugs won't really have a leg to stand on till be bottom out. I have been consistent with my writings on this.

So when you say silver is "too low," just know it can still go lower and be too low from a longer term perspective.

What that means for investors is simply; if you buy today at $19.65 an ounce today or buy in a few months at $16 an ounce, and a few years from now silver is at $30 an ounce, who really cares where you bought?

My advice is still to dollar cost average into an allocation, forget about it for awhile and go enjoy life.

For long term investors, they may want to hedge their position, especially if we break last years lows.

From a very short term perspective, silvers strength today is good and maybe worth a stab at USLV. I am presently long JNUG for a "trade."

Aug 18 12:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Indicators That Tell Us Where Gold Might Go Next [View article]
    Outside of today (8/18 - up 4 cents with gold down $7.50), silver is definitely acting more like the industrial metal from a deflationary aspect. Tough call as to if it goes straight down from here to lower lows, but it's not that far away. I would prefer to see a bounce higher and it to take a bit more time, but look at that 10 year on Friday. Down to 2.33%.
    Aug 18 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The GLD Today: Looming Weekend Outweighs Interfax Report [View article]
    Markos, the dollar has been in an uptrend since 2011.

For the dollar to decline, by default the Euro, Yen and other currencies that make up the Index would have to rise. But the Euro, which makes up 57% of the dollar index is in worse shape than the dollar as the Eurozone has not addressed their banking issues yet.

There is no "false dollar premise," but rather the world still believes in the dollar and perception will keep it going and if that slips some, the military is there to back it.

At least for the time being.
    Aug 9 02:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jump On GDX To Ride The Moon Shot In Gold [View article]
    "Moon shot" for gold is a little pre-mature although I do expect a move higher before the final smackdown.

One More Push Higher for Gold and Silver Before Test of Lows?

Aug 9 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weekly ETF Gainers / Losers [View news story]
    More than likely buying JNUG tomorrow on a dip open.
    Aug 8 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The GLD Today: Looming Weekend Outweighs Interfax Report [View article]
    Rising interest rates? 10 year down to 2.42%.
    Aug 8 04:07 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interesting Times For All Commodities And Investments!! CURRENCY CRISES ?? [View instapost]
    Fish, I hope it's a old school iron metal forged 9 iron you can file down into something sharp to stab with, and not one of these light weight hallow carbon steel ones!

On another note, I am still dollar bullish. My article at the beginning of the year said I would be dollar and gold bullish. I am bullish on both right now, but still negative on gold after this run up.

Here is my latest I wrote yesterday, not posted on Seeking Alpha.

One More Push Higher for Gold and Silver Before Test of Lows?

Aug 8 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Indicators That Tell Us Where Gold Might Go Next [View article]
    Wrote this article yesterday but did not submit to Seeking Alpha. Gold was at $1,308 at the time. Spiked up to $1323 overnight and is at $1312 now. Still see higher prices for now.

One More Push Higher for Gold and Silver Before Test of Lows?

Aug 8 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Indicators That Tell Us Where Gold Might Go Next [View article]
    I am back in JNUG again. One of my indicators I didn't post (I can't tell you everything) is making me do it. I should have stayed in it before and widened my stop. For the 3x leveraged plays it makes sense to use smaller shares and wider stops. That way you don't get as emotional.

If you do use larger shares, then you better have a larger account. No one is 100% accurate and you can get burned on these plays. They are for trading only, not holding. With keeping stops you can always get back in, which is what I am doing now, even though I am still seeing a move lower for gold soon enough. If gold can take off for a bit here, I'll ride it. $25.37 current price. I am in at $24.97. I'll ride it to September if I have the guts to, and assuming we don't get the eventual reversal. I have written in several posts that gold could go to $1380 to $1420. I'm ok with that.
    Aug 7 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Averages near 2% drop late in session [View news story]
    CoinsK, silver acting more like an industrial metal (deflationary effect) than gold.
    Aug 5 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sizable July inflows for gold ETfs [View news story]
    Lots of gold bug newsletters were calling a bottom. Even Richard Russell.

Then you have those who are always bullish like Mike Maloney and Peter Schiff.
    Aug 5 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Indicators That Tell Us Where Gold Might Go Next [View article]
    That's the advice I give Howard. Real wealth is in your control no matter what occurs (insurance). The paper trades can earn you profit that can be converted to real wealth when or if necessary.
    Aug 5 10:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Indicators That Tell Us Where Gold Might Go Next [View article]
    I should just listen to my articles, lol. Gold went up $5 overnight then retraced and is in danger zone here.
    Aug 5 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment