Doug Eberhardt

View Doug Eberhardt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    Mike, ok, it was 13 days ago and 20 days ago when you and I first started this conversation. http://seekingalpha.co...

First off, I am not sure why you are coming to a gold article to talk about oil or solar but yes, we do get sidetracked. I would think there would be authors who write about solar where you might help investors about which plays you like.

Second, I'm not sure why I engaged with you to begin with except to show others who may look at your advice and go long oil into a report via UWTI or what have you, that holding into these reports can be dangerous. The two weeks we talked about it, each week it was dangerous. My recommendations each time was to sell in front of it, which was the correct advice, despite on the report from 13 days ago you giving that report a 70% chance of being favorable to oil.

Third, yes, we have a different philosophy in investing. I don't hold anything for the long term (except physical gold and silver) when it is so easy to make more money from the trends in the 46 ETFs that I write about each week.

Fourth, a 2 week trend is not a sign of inflation Mike, but you claim gold won't fall below $1,100 and oil is going to be higher by end of year. It may or may not, but my indicators tell me we get a bottom in gold, silver and oil that is lower than your expectations. I don't care about a year end call as much as I do about my conviction, based on my track record posting for the last 5 years, of calling gold about as well as anyone (along with other commodities declining where I took the deflation side of the aisle via Chapter 4 of my book Buy Gold and Silver Safely). This happens to be where Contrarian is with his thinking too, and he has overall been correct with this call for lower prices in all commodities.

Fifth, I could put money into options on some out of market calls that can pay off at some point on oil, gold, corn, wheat, natural gas, etc., but why would I? Why would I tie up capital like that when I can put it to work for me each day/week in ETFs?

It's ok to have a different philosophy of investing Mike, but a 2 week track record and using your production data as the reason inflation is coming and saying what you have said about oil and gold is a bit premature in taking the high road when clearly CA and I and others have called the trends down quite well. Maybe not perfectly, but quite well.

By the way, my next book "Illusions of Wealth" is written to reframe the thinking of investors.

I am not sure why you called me out with Greg in that post, but I had to respond, especially with what went down to a fine contributor like Contrarian.

Take a step back and let the markets show who will be right now. No need to go back and forth on this. Personally, I would rather spend my time at a local orphanage making the kids days brighter than continue our conversation about what oil production means to you. No offense. Wish you the best on your solars.
    Aug 31, 2015. 10:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    that was supposed to say oil go down once in my reply (obviously). Personally, I don't care what it does. I'll be trading along with the trend. But my research shows we are and have been in deflation. Looking at any commodities chart shows this. Yes Mike, inflation will come. Someday Peter Schiff, Mike Maloney, John Williams from Shadowstats, Zerohedge, Lew Rockwell, etc. will get their inflation. In the mean time they have missed the boat since 2011.
    Aug 31, 2015. 09:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    Mike, see post above.

If you are so great with your calls write your own articles so people can follow you. Why waste your brilliance here?
    Aug 31, 2015. 07:28 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    Mike said; "Gold is not going under $1100 again with inflation coming on line in US soon and oil prices going up, that is why @CA is not going to post here any longer."

To that I say, lol.
    Aug 31, 2015. 07:27 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    mike, I take this as a slam against what I was doing personally, with you taking the high road naturally, the same way you did with Contrarian.

First off, you missed out on the longs in DWTI with your one sided thinking. My clients did not and rode it off and on from $60 to $199.

For my service, which yes, people pay for, I first called UWTI long on the break of .83. It hit 1.51 today.

Like many here, including Contrarian, I believe oil will be heading south by year end and into next year. Where is your stop at this point for UWTI or have you placed one? What are your targets for oil by year end? Could oil possibly go down and oil go down and you are wrong about it like the last 2 weeks?
    Aug 31, 2015. 07:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    dvernes,

You may have caught me saying that one time in all my writing. What I am consistent in is the price levels. That's more important than time unless one buys puts and calls but I don't advise those investors.

My "all in" article is being written between $850 - $1,000 for gold which will put silver around $12. Those are my targets.

"Ideally" I would like to see this occur in Sept. or Oct.

Thanks.
    Aug 31, 2015. 03:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil continues surge; gold on the move as well [View news story]
    thanks,

yes, free 2 week trial you can cancel before 2 weeks are up and can look at last 5 months of calls. The last month alone has been phenomenal.

Here is what I wrote about JNUG and UWTI on Wed. and Thursday;

Wednesday: UWTI I would buy over .83. (Went to 1.01 that day and another 20% on Friday).

Thursday: JNUG over 7.97 and I would love it, especially with that strong finish. (it finished up 16%)

Recommended plays in TZA, SPXS, SPXU, SQQQ, SDOW, SDS, QID, DXD, TWM, FAZ, RUSS and YANG before the 500 point drop on Friday and 1000 point drop on Monday.
    Aug 29, 2015. 02:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil continues surge; gold on the move as well [View news story]
    Agree 2501, will be riding DWTI 50-100 points or more soon enough. http://tinyurl.com/org...
    Aug 29, 2015. 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil continues surge; gold on the move as well [View news story]
    Hilarious!

I call the ETFs in a service I hope to roll out to Seeking Alpha soon, so I dont want to advertise it here right now. I said to be a buyer of JNUG over 7.97 today and it closed at 8.99 and is in a bullish trend at present.

It has not hit my swing buy yet, and I only recommend scalping until we get the trend established. I will write about it when I see that occur, but can not speculate into the future because things can change so quickly.

I am clear in my dead cat call and my expectations of lower lows below $1,000 in gold.

I can play both sides from a micro perspective. My current thoughts are written 5 days a week at the link above.
    Aug 28, 2015. 06:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil continues surge; gold on the move as well [View news story]
    Dead cat bounce for gold. Said to go long JNUG over 7.97. So far so good.

Aug 28, 2015. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    I will be at peace with bogi too, but I will let bogi have the last word above. I think it does waste all our time with the back and forth. We all have egos and want to be right about our calls, but when they are mischaracterized then coming to our defense is natural, then the issues get sidetracked into the pissing match which doesn't make anyone real money because most of it is ignored.

Still staying long YINN and RUSL.

Done till next week.
    Aug 27, 2015. 09:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    bogi, you are still annoying me with what you write. You continually take things out of context here with me and others and then take the high horse and say someone has a bad temper for pointing out they are tired of correcting your assumptions?

I can choose my customers too. I have that right, free will and all.

Tired of it. ok?

I care not what people think of me. My writing about what I believe will make them money is all that matters. Most appreciate that.

I don't think Donald Trump is worried about what others think of him either. He is leading the polls.
    Aug 27, 2015. 09:41 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    Oh, some other posts came in I didn't see. ok
    Aug 27, 2015. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    LT, who was this last comment addressed to? Not me I assume. I am not being argumentative, but discussing the debt reasoning you have. It would help if you address posts like this to the one you are speaking to. Confused on this comment.
    Aug 27, 2015. 09:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bulls Win A Battle, But The War Rages On [View article]
    Hi greg, I see price action and I trade accordingly. Called RUSS long for quite awhile, but yesterday saw a reversal. I am long YINN too from my call for it yesterday but bearish on China and have called YANG for quite some time. I am bullish gold long term but calling for gold under $1,000 (and have been for some time). I will be all over oil at some point, but nyet (not yet).
    Aug 27, 2015. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment