Doug Eberhardt

View Doug Eberhardt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Balance sheet guru, you won't find any fear baiting from this author. And I don't sell the "snake oil" that many gold dealers sell with numismatic/rare/collec... coins. I do sell bullion gold and silver coins and bars and do so cheaper than anyone (guaranteed).

I have been negative on gold, and you don't address anything I wrote in the article, so i take it you just came here to complain about what gold dealers do. I take exception to the fact that not all gold dealers are alike. In fact, I would say i stand alone right now.

That said, I do see supply issues creeping in and premiums going up. This is one of the indicators that I am privy too since I am in the business. Whle I am still negative on gold and think it will go below $1,000, i can't ignore what I am experiencing.

We are still in a deflationary contraction that will put pressure on gold and as long as the dollar stays over 97, the pressure will continue. I just think we are due for a technical bounce.
    Aug 4, 2015. 01:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Problem With Buying Gold And Silver Proof Coins In Your IRA [View article]
    It looks like TheStreet.com's Valerie Young came out with an article; "6 Gold and Silver Coins to Buy as Long-Term Investments" where she recommended Gold Proof sets for the Eagles and Buffalo's along with Jacqueline Kennedy First Spouse Series Proof coins and expensive (although she calls it cheaper) 5 ounce silver coins and finally what she calls a "Walking liberty" coin but is actually an American Eagle coin.

She puts links in the article to the U.S. Mint where the coins are for sale. For example, she links to the American Eagle coin on sale for $39.95 here: http://tinyurl.com/qg9...

Our company sells at current spot price the same American Eagle for $3 - $3.25 (depending on supplier) over spot plus commission (premiums move higher or lower if you are reading this and subject to change). The spot price is presently $14.88 and we are selling the American Eagles for $18.15. Let me repeat; U.S. Mint $39.95 and we sell the same coins for less than half the price.

But what's worse is the fact that I commented on the article and 3 days later my comments are still pending. See screenshot here: http://tinyurl.com/o42...

Valerie Young and TheStreet.com for promoting this junk proof coins are not in your best interest as an investor in gold and silver and simply don't know a thing about the gold and silver industry and lastly are biased against those who comment on their articles in disagreement.
    Jul 30, 2015. 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is The Intrinsic Value Of Gold? [View article]
    Yeah, but....gold is legal tender in America. So are FRN's. How's that for a "repository of value?"
    Jul 29, 2015. 04:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is The Intrinsic Value Of Gold? [View article]
    What's the intrinsic value of a 1965 quarter vs. a 1964 quarter?
    Jul 27, 2015. 09:23 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hey Gold Bulls - If You Have An Issue, Get A Tissue [View article]
    Hey Andrew, all in all I agree with the article. I am a gold bull however and don't need a tissue, but am recommending a dollar cost average into an allocation into the metals. My "all in" article will be written somewhere between $850 and $1,000 (been calling for lower than $1,000 for a long time now as I have been in the deflation/strong dollar camp.

April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect http://bit.ly/1S7j90y

You said; "physical demand is likely to remain tepid as the trend is your friend and the trend is lower." This hasn't been the case the last month. Silver supply dried up with the U.S. Mint actually stopping production for a bit. This brought on a push towards buying all silver products, pushing premiums higher (supply/demand). Some suppliers ran out of the Eagles and most are out of the 90% silver. It will be much worse in my opinion the further the price falls.

See you at $880 or so. Then I expect you to write an article about those silly gold bears and hand them a tissue.
    Jul 27, 2015. 09:04 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Good. I sold the last 800 right before close. I like peaceful weekends!

I thought we might get a bump up in Asia before market open, but gold didn't rise that much and is struggling with $1,100 resistance and I don't think it was enough of a move higher to have traders overseas rush to cover shorts just yet. Dollar still was green and above 97. But I will play the higher high of something Monday.

Good luck!
    Jul 25, 2015. 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Prezzo, I look at my indicators, one of which is my phone ringing which gives me insight most don't have. I see a bounce coming, but the question is; will my other indicators still point to lower prices ahead? They do.

I played the bounce in JNUG that I thought might be coming. I took a stab at it a little early on and got stopped out on small shares but went large Friday at around 6.21 and sold at end of day for a nice profit.

Bounces will always come, but this latest swarm of buyers, based on demand and even supply issues with some of my suppliers (and backlog), has seen a bounce a little delayed. I'm not sure how strong it will be.

First time I have seen that many news articles come out from so many sources like that. But I also subscribe to HARO (help a report out) and not one inquiry into gold or silver which tells me there is no real demand for info about it. Only the so called big boys wrote the negative articles (WSJ: pet rock, Bloomberg, Reuters, FT and of course CNBC).

The issue I believe is that demand is not in "tonnes" but "ounces" overall. Big money is not yet involved. Hedge funds are actually net short now but we all know how well hedge fund managers do.

Fun times ahead no matter what, but I believe we need a little more patience.
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Thanks gelstrech, like your target (my ideal price is $900) and this comment; "at that point the strategy for investment going forward will be an exciting challenge." Look forward to it!
    Jul 25, 2015. 08:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Aircool, I try not to make assumptions the best I can, but understand your point. I read what the data tells me for each company separately. There is more to investing in a company than the AISC. That's only one aspect to buying a mining company. There are many accounting ratios that I apply that tell me whether a company is worth investing in or not. I add this analysis into the equation that includes analysis from the various sites that produce the data on each companies gold/silver holdings and mining activities. Quarterly reports supply most of the information I need and yes, I am aware of accounting gimmicks but I try to decipher fact from fiction in my reading of the reports.

Regarding China and India;

Gold’s Plunge Sparks Retail Demand in China, India

Another take on falling prices and China and India where it is assumed demand has increased:

Falling gold prices boost demand in India

I do agree that as the price of gold falls it is actually bullish that miners in general will cut production (we already know many have switched to high grade production only) as survival also becomes an issue. We are already seeing issues with silver supply as various mints struggle to keep up with demand, so I believe things are starting to crack. If I am right about gold falling below $1,000, I have already said I would write my "all in" article between $850 and $1,000 and supply issues is one of the reasons why.

Thanks for the comments.
    Jul 25, 2015. 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Aircool, easy to pick and choose a few companies. I simply look at the 10k's quarterlies and get my info. Are you saying all mining companies are the same with their AISC?

Naturally there will be some that have better AISC. #winners #maybe #depends
    Jul 24, 2015. 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Got stopped out of that trade but bought JNUG near the lows today. Sold 700 shares already and still holding 800. Let em ride! (talked about buying the higher high in JNUG to those signed up for my 2 week free trial and subscribers. Practice what you preach!
    Jul 24, 2015. 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Thanks for sharing Fred. I like the physical too! :-)
    Jul 24, 2015. 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Hi Anthony, the lowest cost is the 100 ounce bar. Most buy the rounds because they want the extra liquidity they provide. For IRA's, and not expecting a delivery, I like the 1000 ounce bars as I said. Most don't take deliver at home for a 1000 ounce bar, but it is by far the cheapest way to buy silver anywhere, including ETFs whose fees eat at price appreciation.

We have most of our products listed here: http://bit.ly/1IbUGfM (if SA editors allow me to promote). :-)

All we do is check our competitors pricing and undercut them in price. If there is someone lower and it can be proven (rare), we will beat that price or tell you to buy from them. With premiums jumping around as the price dips, we constantly update the prices to reflect what our suppliers charge us, but still undercut our competitors.
    Jul 24, 2015. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    That took some guts! I think you're ready now!
    Jul 24, 2015. 07:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Call To Wait And Buy Gold Below $1,000 Still In Effect [View article]
    Thanks Geost, appreciate the comment.
    Jul 24, 2015. 07:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment