Doug Eberhardt

View Doug Eberhardt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    Never claimed perfection Jim. But I do dig for truth. Thanks for pointing out a few errors.

I have called the gold and silver markets pretty damn well, helping people make some good decisions. I pointed out that we were in a deflationary credit contraction back in 2010 in my first book. My next book will help people too, and I won't have any errors in it because I'm not afraid to mix it up with those that might know more than me and I will back it up with the data necessary to make my points. I'll leave it for the public to decide and they have viewed my first book quite well. http://amzn.to/1jfEHAQ

Good luck to you Jim.
    Apr 18 08:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    Aha...I return to mock. I'm sure you have influence of your 3 followers Jim. You've earned them.
    Apr 18 03:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Far The Gold Sell-Off Could Go, And Strategies That'll Save You [View article]
    Useless like the Fed shooting for 2% BrBss... How they doing?
    Apr 17 09:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It is impossible this day and age for a currency to become worthless when they are priced in each other. First sign of individual currency trouble would be your local currency exchange. For example, they no longer exchange Argentine Pesos. If they are no longer exchanged, expect trouble (buy gold in that country). But the major currencies aren't going to all of a sudden capitulate.

Even my Zimbabwe 100 Trillion notes have appreciated 2000% since I bought them on Ebay a few years ago.
    Apr 17 04:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jeffrey, John Williams from Shadowstats has been calling for hyperinflation every year, so who cares about his data? He is a sensationalist just like Gerald Celente who cries of an impending crash every year (and sells a trend report).

I imagine if I did such a thing, I would sell A LOT more gold, lol.

Apr 17 03:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Here is a chart of inflation @ 2%...

Careful what you wish for Fed, eh?
    Apr 17 02:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Legal tender laws Jeffrey.

But you can pay your debt with barackazillions (yes, I created those myself @ barackazillion (dot) com) if they are "accepted." Silver and gold now in some states too.

BTW, the Barackazillions are the world's strongest currency. Why? Because you can't tear them in half! (I love mocking things)....
    Apr 17 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Jeffrey,

Can't see why you would hold the miners with your given predictions on gold. I understand the low multiples but outside of the cash strapped juniors, the miners valuation is also predicated on gold staying north of $1,000. When would you admit you are wrong on being bullish the miners? Just curious. If it were me, I would sell now. Reference HUI currently priced at 221.15.
    Apr 17 01:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    That's not the issue master of the twist Jim. Not talking about after 2004. The "issue" was Greenspan was telling people to take out an ARM as many of the articles I pointed to came to the same conclusion (of which you don't, I get it) IN FEBRUARY OF 2004!!!

THEN Greenspan raised rates. He didn't see the subprime crisis right before his very eyes! While not everyone listened to Sir Alan, some did and suffered because of it.

You just don't see it that way. So move on dude.

And again you are nitpicking on the price time-frame of silver. Could easily do the same with stocks, bonds, oil, you name it. Move on. Go study stocks so you can profit. Better use of your time than here trying to prove a moot point (poorly) isn't it?

(I'll of course give you the last word because I know you'll take it, lol). Won't even return to see what you write. I've made my point clearly for anyone to interpret how they see fit. Good luck to you.
    Apr 17 01:24 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    "American consumers might benefit if lenders provided greater mortgage product alternatives to the traditional fixed-rate mortgage. To the degree that households are driven by fears of payment shocks but are willing to manage their own interest rate risks, the traditional fixed-rate mortgage may be an expensive method of financing a home."

Come on Jim...this can be viewed different ways. Don't claim your interpreation is the correct one. I gave you the guy in the video. Here's another view at that time that concurs with what I heard;

"Greenspan says ARMs might be better deal"

"Alan Greenspan: ARMed and Dangerous"

The bottom line is, interest rates were at a historically low 1% when he said that about ARM's. Did he think they were going to zero? lol
    Apr 16 05:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    I heard it Jim. Don't care what you post. I posted a youtube of someone else who heard it twice as well. Done with this charade. I made some last minute profitable trades while you were typing something I don't care about. I'm right about what I heard. That's all I need to know.

To all others, Jim will have the last word claiming victory. Give him a clap.
    Apr 16 04:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    Also, here's a video referencing what Greenspan said. It takes both sides of the debate on what he meant, but the guy on the left, Moon, clearly referenced what he said twice.

I won't convince you any further and you won't convince me. But I'm sure you'll have something to say about it. At this point, it's a waste of my time. I know what I'm writing in my book. Thanks for the discourse. Market closing and I have money to make.
    Apr 16 03:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    Jim, I personally heard Greenspan say it on CNBC and don't need to prove anything to you as I don't really care what you think. I know what I heard.

But here is another take on what he said during an interview with Tim Iacono. Greenspan denied it of course:

Iacono: But that's an intractable problem that no one can really solve. Your comments about adjustable rate loans and subprime lending gave the green light to speculators who respected your opinion.

Greenspan: Oh I don't think so. As I said, my power to influence is highly overrated. We raised interest rates starting in 2004, but long-rates wouldn't budge - that's the real source of the problems we see in housing today - the Berlin Wall fell and hundreds of millions of ...

If that doesn't prove it to you Jim, then I really don't care.

Apr 16 03:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    Evidently don't understand your humor.

Yes it does Jim. But believe what you want. Yellen agrees with me.
    Apr 16 09:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Inflation Next? [View article]
    You quoted me Jim. http://seekingalpha.co...

Yes, still know it to be true. I gave you links. I heard him on TV saying it as well.
    Apr 15 11:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment