Doug Meeks

View Doug Meeks' Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Does 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Mean For Disney? [View article]
    I loved the Rotten Tomatoes metric, nicely done. LONG DIS.

Star Wars cometh.

Great read here, rock solid analysis. I admit to being an Iron Man guy, I would love to see a work up on the Avengers (and other Marvel verticals) on the underlying comic book values. Do people still care about the paper?!?

Great read, nuff said.

Doug
    Apr 24, 2015. 08:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dale's Super 7 Dividend Aristocrat And Achievers Portfolio Core [View article]
    Dale,

Think of it as "high grading" and welcome to the club. VIG is made of stocks, now you are too, there is a subtle difference between being made of VIG and made of the stocks in VIG. Trust the correlation numbers and remember (like you pointed out) the top 20-30 picks ARE the fund and tend to maintain more of the funds upward bias.

Doug
    Apr 24, 2015. 08:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dale,

You are 100% correct here, high/current income accounts are underperforming the S&P 500 (my personal benchmark). At about a YOP of 3.75% accounts break above the S&P performance, but that is on the back of rock solid consecutive quarters from RIET's and Utilities. One of the reasons for underperformance in the mid range accounts is the cycle low in energy, markets are cyclical, it does not matter that it's energy now, others sectors will lead and lag. The point is that I support your statement 100%, yield represents a discount to performance at a certain point. However, I hope that the lower beta to the upside will hold that character during a more bearish market.

regards,

Doug
    Apr 24, 2015. 08:41 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ventas beats by $0.04, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Big, Nice call to oversize VTR, they never seem cheap, I have always added them on pull backs.

Doug.
    Apr 24, 2015. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ventas beats by $0.04, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Long VTR, the best of the best. These people have been on a great run, year after year. I expect the spin off the be good for shareholders and more of the same well run business.

Great quarter!
    Apr 24, 2015. 08:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dale, thanks for sharing. Great read and an interesting very do-able strategy. I appreciate your consideration of risk and overall conservative stance.

regards,

Doug
    Apr 23, 2015. 07:12 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At AmerisourceBergen's Exponential Dividend Growth [View article]
    BruceM, nice comment, you have always been a source of education, big thanks. I liked Mr. Arnolds article as well. Some dividend oriented investors with some years to go before retirement, should be looking for shareholder oriented growth like ABC. It is tough for current income for sure, but so is Apple. I'm watching ABC, have some very small holdings and will be increasing those if weakness develops.

Bruce, thanks for commenting. Josh, thanks for covering ABC.

Doug
    Apr 22, 2015. 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • That Was Quick! Our First Premium Author Hits $200,000 In Annual Revenue [View article]
    Mr. DeMuth,

I'm very happy for your success. It sounds like you are enjoying your work as well. Bravo! Congratulations! Often success like that accompanies a very real and beneficial endeavor to all involved, nicely done.

Regards,

Doug
    Apr 22, 2015. 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Omega Healthcare Puts The Purr In Performance [View article]
    Brad,

Nice catch-up work on OHI, lot's of us are deeply invested here and have big time appreciation for your continued coverage. Are you sure you are still a "little guy"? Who's doing better REIT coverage? I think you have aged well, and are better now than ever. Need I remind you that you put HASI on the map. Ha!

Thanks for your work here.

Best Regards,

Doug
    Apr 22, 2015. 08:17 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola beats by $0.06, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Solid quarter Coke, good job. Long KO.
    Apr 22, 2015. 08:06 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solid results at Kimberly-Clark in Q1 [View news story]
    I have been selling the HYH in current income accounts, as most of those dollars are planned to be earning dividends. I'm an RIA, that just does Div Growth Plans. Still holding HYH in growth oriented accounts and trying to see the way forward. It has had a great run!

best regards,

Doug
    Apr 21, 2015. 08:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon beats by $0.07, misses on revenue [View news story]
    Nice quarter, long VZ!
    Apr 21, 2015. 07:44 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solid results at Kimberly-Clark in Q1 [View news story]
    I would love to see the full year earning increased next quarter, some currency tailwinds would do that. Some currency neutral might do that. Still trust these guys, enjoying the price growth in the small spin off earlier this year as well.
    Apr 21, 2015. 07:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Solid results at Kimberly-Clark in Q1 [View news story]
    Well done KMB. Long KMB.
    Apr 21, 2015. 07:36 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble Gives Investors A Reality Check [View article]
    Adam,

Great read here. You come across sensible and somehow intertwining (in a good way) in your work. Thanks for taking the time. I agree with you 100% here. I don't see the needed renewal here from PG. I like the moves that GIS has made much better. However, I see the dividend situation at GIS about the same, I think GIS has done a much better job as a merchant but if the growth does not keep rolling in strongly, the DGR will be much the same if not lower. I always worry, but I might be exiting my last few legacy PG holdings, I have not decided. Alpha is hard to come by.

regards,