Doug Meeks

View Doug Meeks' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Johnson & Johnson: This Dividend Aristocrat Is Attractively Priced [View article]
    harvest, I'm thinking just like you, if it goes down I will accelerate purchasing. These are income planned accounts, price is vastly important but the primary plans are for growing income. Averaging in is always best, I'm watching the SP500 at 1850, have been for months, if we break below that yes big pain could happen, but the dividends with JNJ are safe, goals will be met at all these prices.

Sep 4, 2015. 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: Keep An Even Keel And Focus On What Matters Most To You [View article]
    I love USAA, been with them a long time, and I can agree here. The ATM's are the best way to go and I always use the machines at the banks.
    Sep 4, 2015. 08:25 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Long JNJ. Adding at these levels.
    Sep 3, 2015. 07:36 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think I'm going to ship myself over to Europe and enjoy the exchange rate, talk about dividend growth rate wow, in terms of a cappuccino in Florence my DGR is 45% since I last visited.

Sep 3, 2015. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barbie strategy heads toward superhero over super body [View news story]
    Good discussion, aside from extremist views which are hard to fit in no matter the discussion. The middle ground with these ideas is best. There is always a day coming when boy and girls, men and women compare themselves to something. It's more about the result of that comparison then trying to avoid it. A strong kid will make it positive and be moved in a limited or positive way by outside comparisons, right? Maybe more girls will try to be healthy because of Barbie, hopefully all will be happy with themselves and as the world infiltrates their minds (via Barbie or whatever else) they will make it positive. What else can we hope for? Protecting our children is important but let's not leave them unequipped to succeed. So much wisdom is needed with this.

I see the shift in thinking here, sales of Barbie show it's happening, and nobody here wants to make it harder to raise that happy, strong child. Toy companies will try to charge with their clients, succeeding in that change is where investors should focus.

Great discussion, but let's keep it to investing.

Sep 3, 2015. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fan, I think the currency shift away from the dollar will catch some people by surprise as it will vastly benefit some firms like those above while negatively impacting the importers with huge retail business in the US like Home Depot and Lowes. I have enjoyed the great run at HD, great holding but could have some of the reversed headwinds in a currency shift. But the timing is the problem, economic improvement in the US is bullish for the dollar and interest rates.

I can't tell you how great the discussions and learning has been on SA for me over the years. Some smart people here, for sure.

Sep 3, 2015. 09:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good read RS,

It's a good time to add the growth part of dividend growth, as I think the interest rate issues will be back in a few months. Employment was decent, and if inflation picks up the headline will be all about rates again. I have been slowly adding BRO, DIS, JNJ, VTR, OHI and a few others like MMM on the dip to $138. This is minor activity, except I made have been pretty excited to get JNJ around $90. There are some serious bargains in energy right now, some solid projects coming on line for PBA and CLMT for some higher yield, higher risk stuff.

Emotions are pretty high among investors right now, thanks for helping with the calm voice. Upside might be limited for awhile but these are still good prices with solid expected returns.

highest regards,

Sep 2, 2015. 09:08 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fanshui,

Great observation, when the currency shifts away from the dollar strength, you will see some nice earnings performance from GIS and KO (not to mention AFL and many others). I believe KO and GIS are doing a great job against the currency changes this last 1.5 years. JNJ is well priced right now, trading below it's long term PE ratio, and still has a great balance sheet, and some growth. Pharma pipe line is in great shape, currency issues are under control and will be a positive force some day (as mentioned above). Go ahead and start averaging into JNJ, if you don't quiet like them and your commitment is high enough to that position start the cash secured puts a few bucks under, get some strong premiums in all this volatility. Just jumping in because I thought your comment was on target.

Sep 2, 2015. 08:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't React To Market Turmoil: Have A Proactive Plan In Place [View article]
    Rock solid, calm and steady voice. Thanks for sharing. Having a plan is the way to give yourself the best path to success. Good read, thanks for sharing your work.

Aug 30, 2015. 08:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bottom Is In, But Dividend Investors Should Still Take Cover [View article]
    Premiums are rather amazing right now. I renewed a set of PUT's on ABC at $85 and the premiums were huge. I would love to own ABC at $85, until then the premiums are far above a yield replacement while I wait.

good read.

Aug 29, 2015. 01:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Now's The REIT Time To Go Shopping For SWANs [View article]
    I ended up getting JNJ at $90-ish, but my Scottrade window was extremely slow, semi-crashing. Only got the orders in on JNJ, Gilead and DLR. Missed the GILD spike down, got JNJ and DLR but did not catch the bottom. Did not even get to entry my SBUX order when it was down big, i mean big may have been in the upper $30's for a second or two, crazy.
    Aug 26, 2015. 12:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I'd Start To Think About An Investment In 3M [View article]
    I bought some MMM today. Tough to ever get a low price on quality. LONG MMM.

great read Mr. Inkrot, thanks for sharing your work.

Aug 26, 2015. 12:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Now's The REIT Time To Go Shopping For SWANs [View article]
    Brad, Thanks for your work. I picked up some DLR in the panic open on Monday. That was a crazy 15 min, yes I was buying very cautiously. I swear I saw JNJ post a spike low of $84, SBUX and GILD were down about 25% at one point. Did anybody else see that?

Pre-market is showing a bond rate spike this morning could be a solid headwind against REIT's and good time to get some growth like Ventas or OHI.

Aug 26, 2015. 08:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Hungry? Have A Look At This Food And Beverages ETF [View article]
    Mr. Elderman,

Solid write up on an important sector. I like the mix in the top group of holdings, good growth, solid blue chips stuff. Thanks for taking time to share.

Aug 11, 2015. 09:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Can AmerisourceBergen Corporation Get A Dead Cat Bounce? [View article]
    B&H,

I have been averaging into ABC, with a ton of cash secured put options written all over the $95 area. These guys are a machine, and a long term holding in accounts with a 15 to 20 year time frame over here. ABC is still a very small allocation, with most of this sector being long time filled with BDX and JNJ. Factoids is a solid analyst, he's not proud or arrogant at all, I think his headline here was sensational, but I always read his stuff and I'm smarter for it.

Long ABC, but I'm sensitive to the time when they loose the premium multiple on slowing growth, I will be doing a double down when that time comes if things still look good.

Aug 6, 2015. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment