Doug Meeks

View Doug Meeks' Comments BY TICKER:
  • American Realty Capital Properties: "A Pretty Crushing Blow" [View article]
    Techbug....right. Hence my issue with the culture at ARCP, integrity needs a culture to thrive. I'm concerned here, so I'll move on in time. The market will forget this soon enough and the ex date is a couple of weeks away, that should wash some shorts out. But to echo "death grip' above....keep it properly allocated and do not panic here.
    Oct 30 06:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital Properties: "A Pretty Crushing Blow" [View article]
    AA, nice write up. I have said to many people that the dividend is not in question at this time, but things are less sure than before. All my sell orders are still patiently waiting for a recovery to a more valid value in the stock price. I'm very patient, but I'm certainly moving on and leaving this culture behind.

Best to all,

Doug
    Oct 30 05:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Money flows into Realty Income and National Retail as American Realty crumbles [View news story]
    I'm glad my Realty position is four times the size of my ARCP, still hurts. I have very serious trust issues with ARCP right now.
    Oct 29 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Becton, Dickinson And Co. Continues To Print Money Like It's Going Out Of Style [View article]
    Neurology, it is expensive, the more certain of the future earnings growth, the more you pay for those future earnings in the current price. A mis-pricing is very rare for BDX. Average in, my clients have been surprised every time I have added BDX shares at a 'premium'. It will NOT go straight up, so yes average in, be ready to double down when you see it cheap.

Tim, right on! People who have assets and high income need this type of structure to retain earnings. If you only need 2.7% to live on, then you want to hold your earnings in safe capital growth, own more sales, own more profit, it's more efficient than paying taxes on it. In time gains can be harvested, at the right times.

Also note the effect of a long meaningful share repurchase plan. The dang CareFusion deal was almost all cash, some minor share dilution, but BDX is healthy and generating real returns on equity invested, been doing it a long time. Looking forward to the positive currency adjustments in the future too.

Doug
    Oct 29 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tim, thanks for taking time to write. Always stop to read your work.

BDX is a core holding over here, very important holding. Long BDX.

Doug
    Oct 29 12:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Accounting issues at American Realty Capital; heads roll [View news story]
    I wonder of the SA hack analysts are are going to show up for clicks on this one. I can think of a few, ha!

heading back up now, I have no idea where this is going to wash, EX date is always close on a monthly payout, I'm still sitting on a huge limit order at $12.05, will adjust to close it all out on a short cover rally, or a slow grind away from the panic.

I have not picked my exit price, but it sure as hell is not at a -34% bottom.

Doug
    Oct 29 12:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Accounting issues at American Realty Capital; heads roll [View news story]
    Looks like 350,000 shares per min....from 10:30 to 10:33am
    Oct 29 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Accounting issues at American Realty Capital; heads roll [View news story]
    Looks like the HF's are hitting it now.....63 million shares, almost four times the opening post, wash out, down 27%.
    Oct 29 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Accounting issues at American Realty Capital; heads roll [View news story]
    All my shares are for sale at $12.05..... I have trust issues.
    Oct 29 08:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Accounting issues at American Realty Capital; heads roll [View news story]
    Albert, ARCP is running pretty close to 100% DCF, right? I agree that 5 cents is not huge, but if the coverage drops below 100% ......perception changes. I'm very stable in my holdings, and even I am thinking about some needed tax loss harvesting and de-risking here. I appreciate your input and your work here at SA, thanks for commenting.
    Oct 29 07:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Accounting issues at American Realty Capital; heads roll [View news story]
    not good. high yield = high risk. Gonna be rocky here.
    Oct 29 07:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BDC Market Update Q4 2014: Yield Compression [View article]
    I saw that one, nicely done by MAIN. Thanks for all the time you put in here. I think it's been very clear to understand that MAIN is solid because of your work. Speculation should always be kept to a healthy level. In a long bull market (and soft rate market) risk is often not priced in, your information should be studied by all BDC investors. No doubt.

regards,

Doug
    Oct 28 09:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BDC Market Update Q4 2014: Yield Compression [View article]
    BDC, thanks for sharing your work. Very important stuff. Been very happy with MAIN, it's my only BDC now for several reasons. Your work here is top notch.

best regards,

Doug
    Oct 28 08:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ventas Is Continuing To Build A Powerful Brand Of Dividend Repeatability [View article]
    WSD, I see that VNQ has done better than VTR in 1 year and in 6 month, but the last 3 months ( very choppy market) VTR is ahead.

In 5 years, VNQ is head some, in 10 years its all VTR, by a huge margin.

VNQ has a much lower yield and the dividends are all over the place no consistency. That is not that important in comparison of performance, but for some,.... consistent payouts are the reason to own REIT's. VNQ had some solid dividend reduction in 2008,2009. Beta on VNQ is about double the beta of VTR.

VNQ is a good one, Vanguard does well for it's investors and can be trusted. VTR is in the VNQ top 10 holding at 3.1% of the ETF.

Great comparison, as a more mature REIT VTR is not running off from the index like it did 5+ years ago, but income performance goes to VTR, I would expect it to underperform some as it churns out a higher income.

Doug
    Oct 27 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    sewolla, I agree 100%, less than $60 would initiate conviction purchase levels over here, no doubt. I would quickly have VTR at full allocations at that level.

Doug