Douglas Denhartog

View Douglas Denhartog's Comments BY TICKER:
  • REITs: New Kids On The Block Vs. Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    @1627,

Glad you enjoyed the read!
    Aug 5, 2014. 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs: New Kids On The Block Vs. Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    @thalidomide,

Good to hear from you again!

Haha, performance is very relative IMHO. REinvested dividends and selective purchase points greatly affect "performance." No doubt you are correct that plenty of non-reinvested, long-term purchases of MREITs have been disastrous.
    Aug 5, 2014. 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs: New Kids On The Block Vs. Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    @BSP,

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate the difference between hard assets and paper purchases and highly value hard assets! I wanted to survey all REIT industries as a starting point before getting more specific.
    Aug 5, 2014. 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs: New Kids On The Block Vs. Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    @barra,

I have never owned an ETF to date. My opinion is generally the same as Brad Thomas' in http://seekingalpha.co...

That's not to say ETFs are bad, I'm probably waiting to "buy the market" when a large pullback occurs.

Interesting article at first glance; I'll have to go back and read all of it when I have the time!
    Aug 5, 2014. 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs: New Kids On The Block Vs. Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    @maybe,

Haha, yes, always lots to consider. My question about the screener was not so much the metrics but the source, e.g. your Broker (who?), Ycharts, et cetera.

According to Finviz, which I stated in my intro as used for this article, MFA's P/B is 0.32, according to Yahoo! it is around 0.9.

Happy hunting!
    Aug 5, 2014. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs: New Kids On The Block Vs. Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    @maybe,

What screener(s) do you use?

Yeah! It will be interesting what other companies do going forward!
    Aug 5, 2014. 01:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merck & Co. Inc.: I'm Long, But It Screams Overvalued Today [View article]
    @deb,

MRK and OHI are certainly very different companies. In general, I like hard-asset REIT plays, none of this collateralized debt-swap mortgage trading nonsense.

Since you mentioned you were focusing more on dividend growth, you may find at article I wrote on the topic to be of interest to you: http://seekingalpha.co...

The article discusses the difference in dividends one could experience based on yield and growth rates.
    Jul 24, 2014. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merck & Co. Inc.: I'm Long, But It Screams Overvalued Today [View article]
    @pharma,

I'm guessing by your name you are more informed about the pharmaceutical industry than I am--what are the stocks which you see as most interesting in the space right now?
    Jul 24, 2014. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merck & Co. Inc.: I'm Long, But It Screams Overvalued Today [View article]
    @david,

Haha, yes, Merck is not the epitome of a dividend growth story!

What did you buy with your trimmings?
    Jul 24, 2014. 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merck & Co. Inc.: I'm Long, But It Screams Overvalued Today [View article]
    @jim,

Assuming Merck's PD-1 success is a failure, what do you do with MRK?
    Jul 24, 2014. 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merck & Co. Inc.: I'm Long, But It Screams Overvalued Today [View article]
    @jeep,

As a long-term holder, at what price point would you consider purchasing again?
    Jul 24, 2014. 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merck & Co. Inc.: I'm Long, But It Screams Overvalued Today [View article]
    @jay,

I love knowing my yield on cost too!
    Jul 24, 2014. 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron: The Most Undervalued DJIA Component Today [View article]
    @hex,

I agree, many investors seem to think an investment in a company can make no sense if technologies will eventually replace the company's current business, but I agree with you 100% the CVX is a big enough player that they can acquire these emerging technologies.
    Jul 22, 2014. 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron: The Most Undervalued DJIA Component Today [View article]
    @phenom,

I have been working on a number of quantitative stock analysis tools. my first prototype is a backtesting stock screener available at simplestocksearch.com
    Jul 22, 2014. 07:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron: The Most Undervalued DJIA Component Today [View article]
    @6256,

I hope CVX allows me to say this in 12 years ;)
    Jul 22, 2014. 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment