Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is A New Storm Finally Brewing For The Australian Dollar? [View article]
    LOL. No problem. You reminded me that I am LONG overdue to write a post on the British pound. I still have my notes from the last Inflation Report in raw form!

What is interesting about this market sell-off is that I see it as equities FINALLY catching up to the reality that is crashing commodities. Ironically, then, the very cheapness of commodities is what will help lift these markets higher again as cheap inputs, low rates, and accomodative policies through most of the planet get the engines chugging along again....
    Aug 24, 2015. 08:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Time To Sell Some Housing Stocks [View article]
    And yet....Lockhart got out there today and went on automatic insisting the Fed will raise rates this year. I am sure the market won't believe it for one second.

I have my own approach to reading oversold that sounds like it is aligned with Saut. However, I never pay the Dow much mind. I focus on the S&P 500. Today's rout and wild action reminds us we can't get over-confident about what we think we know from history!

Here is my follow-up to this piece:
    The iShares US Home Construction Reaches A New Level Of Outperformance - http://bit.ly/1KIid9p SA dinged it as "too technical."
    Aug 24, 2015. 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A New Storm Finally Brewing For The Australian Dollar? [View article]
    I am finally coming around to accepting that the Aussie "must" retest those crisis levels. I imagine Canada is in much better shape than Australia having the U.S. has a major trading partner instead of China. The cushion of China's rapacious appetite for commodities looks like it is going into a VERY long cyclical decline that might even start to look secular.
    Aug 24, 2015. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Dollar Flirts With A Breakdown [View article]
    It's REALLY ugly out there!
    Aug 24, 2015. 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Dollar Flirts With A Breakdown [View article]
    You're welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Aug 24, 2015. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Dollar Flirts With A Breakdown [View article]
    As I type Australian dollar is getting major whack and a major rush into Japanese yen. I actually have a piece on the Australian dollar pending!

Thanks again for the contribution. I am rubbing my eyes at the 1.20 EUR/USD prediction!
    Aug 24, 2015. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Commodity Crash Takes A Pause: An Attractive Trade On Coffee [View article]
    If you find it, let me know! Production side has indeed been impacted but exports are being supported by existing stocks.

Looks like my post just caught JO near the top of its last pop. I am still holding out for the lows to hold. JO is a steal here and lower....
    Aug 22, 2015. 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SPDR Gold Shares Closes A Gap As The Fed Maintains Its Churn On Rate Hikes [View article]
    Interesting philosophy. I am definitely no recommending selling GLD for a core position. I made a specific trade to play a potential bounce off the lows with call options. I was fortunate enough to make a good call and I locked in the profits. The calls will expire, so I can't hold forever and time is not my friend on that trade. I definitely want my core GLD shares to continue gaining value, and I have accumulated GLD and related names for a VERY long time...
    Aug 21, 2015. 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Time To Sell Some Housing Stocks [View article]
    I forgot to include a link to my last technical review of the market. It was last week and in need of an update. I will definitely write one this weekend to incorporate these new developments....
    Aug 20, 2015. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Time To Sell Some Housing Stocks [View article]
    It has indeed been a very long time! Sorry about the trades in oil. Commodity collapses are vicious beasts indeed.

I think you just wrote the article, you should write. :)

My own indicators have been flashing more and more bearish as the percentage of stocks trading below their 200 and 40DMAs has been persistently low even with the S&P 500 staying levitated. It has been an oddly imbalanced market. But all it will take is for the market to realize what you are saying about no rate hike, and we will get the next leg up...especially in housing stocks. Careful on DHI! I hope that is a short-term move. :)
    Aug 20, 2015. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Time To Sell Some Housing Stocks [View article]
    Fascinating! I had no idea value investors have FINALLY come around. That is a positive sign. As noted I am still bullish, just taking some profits. I love my regionals in particular. And I am definitely primed to keep buying dips even as I hope you are correct that "this time" is different!
    Aug 20, 2015. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Update: Given the gap up in GLD on Thursday, August 20th, I sold my call options. GLD is now very extended for the short-term, but clearing resistance at the 50DMA is very positive (yes, it has happened several times this year already!) I bought the calls as part of the play on the above described bottoming process. Still holding my core position in shares and will continue to look for opportune buying points to trade around the core position.
    Aug 20, 2015. 11:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I looked at a few contracts through StockCharts.com. The market is indeed in contango at least through the March contract. It is not steep though.
    Aug 20, 2015. 01:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    So far, the drag does not seem to be showing up in consumption growth...
    Aug 20, 2015. 01:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wow. That's exorbitantly expensive. Where did you get the info?
    Aug 20, 2015. 12:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment