Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • With Negativity Accelerating, Time To Bet On CurrencyShares British Pound Sterling ETF [View article]
    Just as I was willing to except your initial fear of the pound rallying to 1.75 before peaking, I am definitely willing to be right on this call over the next month. :)
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I definitely expect the euro to keep weakening. I am like Robson on the pound, I fade all rallies until further notice.
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I still prefer to see a fundamental and notable turn in the data before getting as bearish as you are on the UK economy.

The wrong call on the pound was fortunately very muted by the extreme weakness in the Japanese yen which I was using to hedge my call. It turned bearish after the referendum ended and was the better for it.

So, I have basically decided to trade and not sit still for too long. I think the current negativity on the pound (and/or UK economy?) has gotten to a surprising extreme.
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the additional info.
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Putting A Rule-Based Buy On Hold With Risks Of Steeper Losses In The iShares MSCI Brazil Capped ETF [View article]
    Wow! Sure didn't expect a run-off to result in EWZ soaring like this. Up 7.7% at time of writing from lows as the biggest move of the EEM ETFs. Ironically, the lows of this cycle were right at my typical 20% sell-off buy point. Lesson learned to ignore the news and follow the rules?!?
    Oct 6, 2014. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zillow-Trulia Moves Back To Its Pre-Deal Valuation As The Excitement Fades [View article]
    We can be pretty sure Murdoch has plans to beef up MOVE's competitive position. It is now yet one more risk that should be discounted from Zillow-Trulia. I am currently just looking for a technical bounce.
    Oct 5, 2014. 05:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continued Sales Slowdown In Las Vegas Shines Spotlight On Acquisition By Century Communities [View article]
    Colorado is the prime market. CCS has acquired its way into Texas and Vegas. I am waiting for the next earnings report to see just how large of a presence (revenue and units) they have and plan to have in Vegas.

The stock is indeed getting dirt cheap but I too hate the price action. Staying patient before accumulating more.
    Oct 2, 2014. 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did The Australian Dollar Just Bottom? [View article]
    LOL! Nice....
    Oct 2, 2014. 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Potentially Important Shift In Income Demographics For Home Loans [View article]
    Thanks for that extra context on Switzerland. Now I understand a little better the strength of the housing market there.

The data reported by the Fed has a serious lag so we may not know 2014 data until another year from now. I have been looking for other sources that may provide similar reports on a more frequent basis. No luck yet.

Thanks for reading and the kudos.
    Sep 30, 2014. 06:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    PBR is definitely a disappointment. I am a long-term holder in that one...and it has not been fun of course.
    Sep 30, 2014. 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Extended Forecast For A Stronger Australian Dollar [View article]
    I can only assume it is a semantic gaffe or reach. Or they are just looking too far into the future and had hoped/expected rates would be going up at the time of publication!
    Sep 29, 2014. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The CurrencyShares Japanese Yen ETF Completes A Post-Crisis Roundtrip As It Stars Among A Cocktail Of Market Signals [View article]
    Adjusted for inflation, that $350B is a bit closer to the $678B... but I get your point. What is interesting is looking forward to see forecasts pretty much assume 7%+ growth for as far as the eye can see...
    Sep 29, 2014. 01:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GrafTech International: 4 Different Insiders Have Purchased Shares This Month [View article]
    That was great sleuthing. Thanks again.
    Sep 29, 2014. 01:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tying Together Housing Sentiment, Starts, Sales, And Investment With iShares U.S. Home Construction [View article]
    Thanks for the references. I have saved them....
    Sep 26, 2014. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    To be clear, I did not make a forecast. I try to avoid forecasts since, as I noted, the data are so volatile. Having said that, I am not sure what forecast you are indicating was wrong. New home sales surged in-line with the pattern I was pointing out....that the ratio of housing starts to new home sales has bounced in a tight range and given it was at the top end of the range, I guessed at some point it would go back to the bottom. And I guessed further the ratio would do so with new home sales increasing.
    Sep 26, 2014. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment