Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Can Skullcandy Turn The Dial Up To 11? [View article]
    I thought 2013 would be the beginning of the turn-around. Definitely much delayed! Thanks for catching the recent insider buying by the CEO. Likely explains the bottoming that finally seems underway.
    May 22, 2013. 12:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The British Pound Is A Bargain [View article]
    You detect well! I grew to like King and he definitely became one of my favorite central bankers, or at least one I looked forward to hearing from. Carney is pretty good too but I didn't follow him as much as I should have when he headed Canada's central bank. Should be interesting! I also think you appreciate how I have converted from staunch bearishness to bullishness on sterling....
    May 21, 2013. 05:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The British Pound Is A Bargain [View article]
    King definitely said that. It is in the transcripts. He was responding to a question about some UK-govt program to support the housing market. The next rally in the pound should take some time as right now it is all about King dollar. The pound should be up next in currency trader rotations as the yen and Aussie and franc and euro are all very compromised right now.
    May 21, 2013. 04:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETPs Turn To Selling Options To Generate Income [View article]
    Hey Bill - I am wondering these options-selling funds are large enough to distort the implied volatility measures of the options they trade?
    May 20, 2013. 10:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The British Pound Is A Bargain [View article]
    Any specifics on why and/or by how much?
    May 20, 2013. 03:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trulia's New 'Bubble Watch' Nudges California And Texas Housing Into Overvalued Territory [View article]
    Every house price index is flawed in some way. It is amazingly difficult to come up with a representative price to describe even local real estate markets, much less statewide or nationwide. I suspect this is why Trulia blended multiple indices in its analysis.
    May 17, 2013. 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Agreed. Thanks for adding that color.
    May 17, 2013. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Except that was 6 years ago. Valuations have moved, inflation has continued, rates are way down. It also depends on "true" demand and how those homes are getting financed. Given continuing tight credit conditions, I suspect that area is not in bubble territory but is in "full recovery" territory. Will be interesting to watch how things unfold from here.
    May 17, 2013. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with the respondents. You are extrapolating from a corner case to make a general assumption. The research starts with understanding how many single bedroom apartments can you find in SF at that rate. Next, create an equivalent for a home of the similar size/configuration. Not easy. So, the analysis is done in aggregates and ignores a lot of the noise. The most direct comparison is the cost of renting a home vs buying a home.... There are a LOT of rent vs buy calculators on the web. You can try them out. They are relatively consistent with each other.
    May 17, 2013. 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Do you have some examples in other regions I should look into? I currently think of CA, Phoenix, Dallas, and some parts of Florida as some of the hottest areas.
    May 17, 2013. 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Amazing. But very consistent with what realtors and friends are telling me.
    May 17, 2013. 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Daily S&P 500 Trading: Monday Under-Performance, Tuesday Out-Performance And Other Patterns [View article]
    Market is definitely overbought, but it might not matter. Market can stay overbought for an extended period of time. My analysis seems to agree with yours that an extended run to the upside has a high likelihood here.
    May 16, 2013. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Mystifying Rate Cut By The Reserve Bank Of Australia [View article]
    Any thoughts on the budget and why Australia is now going to be in deficit for longer than expected?
    May 15, 2013. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Strike Against Canadian Dollar As Public Sector Continues To Lead Job Growth [View article]
    Good luck to us both then!
    May 15, 2013. 04:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, I was quite surprised to see how public sector job growth is dominating the employment picture now.
    May 13, 2013. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment