Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Reserve Bank Of Australia Seems Biased Toward More Monetary Easing [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Apr 3 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In A World Of Converging Incomes [View article]
    Those are some BIG ifs! But, yes, a positive sum result would be ideal. I suppose it is possible....
    Apr 2 09:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In A World Of Converging Incomes [View article]
    I would modify that slightly as #1 *should* reduce gaps, even if small by historic standards or in relative terms, between the upper classes and everyone else in emerging economies.
    Apr 2 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brace For More Surprises: Groupon Restates Earnings, Reveals Weakness In Financial Controls [View article]
    Thanks for that reminder! I don't know the answer to your questions, but in due time....
    Mar 31 12:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Research In Motion Officially Acknowledges Its Retrenchment [View article]
    The app ecosystem will definitely be a key wildcard.
    Mar 30 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Big Mystery Buyer In Q1 2012 [View article]
    Thanks for crunching these numbers! I have suspected for a while that options action was propelling Apple higher, and you seem to have confirmed it.
    Mar 29 04:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Solar And 4 Other Stocks For $4 Gasoline [View article]
    Note that solar does not compete with oil. Most electricity throughout the world is generated by coal, natural gas, nuclear, and hydro, especially in the U.S. Oil's small contribution has been falling for decades. For more see: http://bit.ly/HeP0Vm
    Mar 27 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bernanke Describes A Critical Juncture Where Economic Prospects Pivot On Long-Term Unemployment [View article]
    Will you produce what will not be consumed? I agree with GH that the economy-jobs equation is a 2-way street and does not lend itself to easy parsing. I regret that this title implies that I believe in a one-way street. It more references the focus of this particular speech. If one force figures out the long-term unemployment problem in of itself, say, businesses start forecasting better days ahead and hire in advance of those better prospects (like investing in one's business), I will definitely put money on an imminent economic improvement as those wages get spent in the economy. If someone comes up with the "next big thing" that generates the next economic wave, I will definitely put money on an eventual improvement long-term unemployment. I do not require one side of the equation to get better first.

I think trying to definitively answer the 2-way street requires aligning oneself in one of the typical ideological camps (like Keynes vs Hayek, supply-side vs demand-side, etc...), and I am purposely staying out of that endless circle.
    Mar 27 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Outlook For KB Home Continues To Improve [View article]
    That's exactly what I thought back in January when I thought I could accumulate more KBH at lower prices! I am definitely ready to buy more on the next sell-off/correction.
    Mar 26 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Like A Bottom For TBT [View article]
    Agreed
    Mar 22 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Like A Bottom For TBT [View article]
    Yes. I remember that trade! My timing was a bit off and ended even, but decided to keep the short put and rolled into a new call option.
    I will definitely keep an eye cast ver one shoulder. I had not noticed the seasonal pattern...
    Mar 22 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lender Processing Services: Free Cash Flow Machine, With Surmountable Legal Obstacles [View article]
    Glad to read at least one more person is coming around to the LPS story. I read Greenblatt too, but I think in the case of LPS he would have bought the company soon after the spin-off. Not sure he had much to say about such a play years later, post-crash, post-legal woes, etc...
    Mar 22 12:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nassim Taleb Likes Euros And So Should You [View article]
    I find Taleb's theoretical ideas on risk and risk management always worth listening to. I think Taleb is VERY careful to note the fallibility of forecasting in his written work. It does not always show in these quick media pieces.
    Mar 21 05:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nassim Taleb Likes Euros And So Should You [View article]
    Like I said, I don't like betting on EUR/USD just yet. I agree the U.S. dollar looks strong here for now.
    Mar 21 05:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bears Load Up Ahead Of Earnings For KB Home [View article]
    I like that too. Good luck to both of us!
    Mar 20 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment