Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • AMR's Bankruptcy Turns The Cost Spotlight On Southwest [View article]
    Exactly my bewilderment. The number of shares short is actually small compared to recent volume. There are "real" buyers out there who are betting...what? That bankruptcy won't happen for AMR?
    I do vaguely remember folks buying United's stock all the way up to official bankruptcy mistakenly thinking the common would come out the other side unscathed. Maybe that's happening here.
    Dec 9 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Moderate Bullishness On The Australian Dollar [View article]
    Thanks for your kudos!
    Dec 6 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Two Troubles With TLT [View article]
    I like the thesis. I have never considered investing in MBS and never knew there was a product to do in MBB. I like the idea of buying ahead of the Fed's printing machine...
    Dec 4 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Contrary Option Trade With TBT [View article]
    I love this trade. Thanks for posting it.
    Dec 4 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Implications Of Intel's Recent Outperformance [View article]
    Thanks for the link.
    Dec 1 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Debt-To-Equity Ratios To Identify Potential Solar Downturn Survivors [View article]
    Thanks. On the next round, I will track this ratio as well.
    Nov 28 07:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Black Friday 2011 Was A 2008 Redux So Don't Get Your Hopes Up [View article]
    Thanks for the reminder. Consumers can empty out their entire bank accounts this shopping season, but the market did not come into this week worried about retail sales. And all the shopping Americans do can't fix Europe's debt woes. If anything, doubling down on Christmas sales makes consumers all the more vulnerable to whatever calamity awaits us from Europe's shores.
    Having said all that, I am following technicals. If the S&P 500 manages to close above its 50DMA and then follow-through, I will be a lot less bearish for the short-term.
    Nov 28 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amtech Systems - An Absolute Steal [View article]
    I think the first thing to determine is whether ASYS can survive, say another 1-2 years of a solar recession/depression. It seems it could?
    Nov 20 11:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amtech Systems - An Absolute Steal [View article]
    Thanks for those valuation metrics!
    Nov 20 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Molycorp Loses Big Despite Reporting Strong Earnings [View article]
    I am not yet ready to consider an acquisition. I think only after MCP is in full production and demand proves to be robust would a major mining company consider an acquisition. I would like to think that prospect provides a long-term floor...
    Nov 18 12:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Molycorp Loses Big Despite Reporting Strong Earnings [View article]
    That was my interpretation.
    Nov 18 12:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Molycorp Loses Big Despite Reporting Strong Earnings [View article]
    All I can say is "I hope so!" but sentiment remains pretty negative in this space. As I mentioned above, I think MCP is a steal at current prices. "The market" still does not agree yet...
    Nov 18 12:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Molycorp Loses Big Despite Reporting Strong Earnings [View article]
    I agree, but I am still bracing myself for more...
    Nov 18 12:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Gold Boom Without The Euphoria [View article]
    Thanks for all the comments everyone. Great stuff.
    Nov 16 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Gold Boom Without The Euphoria [View article]
    I am still trying to wrap my head around bitcoin. Maybe in another few years the value proposition will become clearer to slow movers like myself. :)
    Nov 16 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment