Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Google - Primed For A Long Straddle [View article]
    I forgot to note there is a huge swell of open interest at the Oct $800 calls, suggesting that $800 *could* be in important pivot tonight and tomorrow. I did a quick write-up here: http://bit.ly/R6lac6
    Oct 18, 2012. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google - Primed For A Long Straddle [View article]
    I am surprised you did not include implied volatility in the calculus for deciding on a position. If GOOG moves little post-earnings (which I doubt), the implosion of IV will cause a huge loss on its own for the Nov expiration.
    Oct 18, 2012. 02:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consol Energy's Breakout Survives A Reduction In Earnings Guidance [View article]
    I didn't see specific reasons in the article beyond the earnings warning. I think the bottoming process will continue to be a grind, but what I see right now seems characteristic of a bottoming process.
    Oct 18, 2012. 02:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Reserve Bank Of Australia Signals It Will Follow Market Forecasts For Lower Rates [View article]
    I recognize the hazards of relying on Central Bank forecasts; they never want to start a panic. However, I do look for consistency in the logic, and I want to understand their stated reasons for action. In this case, I was quite surprised at the disconnect between stated assessments and action.
    Oct 16, 2012. 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KB Home Shines Again But Keep An Eye On California's Recovering Housing Market [View article]
    Thanks for the additional data. This is very helpful.
    Oct 15, 2012. 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skullcandy Recovers Losses From Downgrade - Now Comes The Tougher Part [View article]
    I think the current swoosh is more related to the weakening market.
    Oct 12, 2012. 12:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the additional background.
    Oct 12, 2012. 12:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Actually, selling calls would have also worked for me if the premium was high enough.
    Oct 12, 2012. 12:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry for the late reply, I perfectly understand your point. I was making a trading call by selling because I didn't like the overall market, not SKUL. It happened to be the right call for now. Techncially, SKUL seems to be trying to hold its 20DMA, but I still think the stock is dependent on overall market health until we get earnings for a new catalyst.
    Heck, I might buy back into a "half" position here and definitely will if it gets any lower ($13.30 at time of writing).
    Oct 12, 2012. 12:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case Against The Case Against Gold [View article]
    Thanks. Great point. I will remember that next time I hear the "no income" argument.
    Oct 11, 2012. 02:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Justifying Gold Prices From A Money Creation Perspective [View article]
    I loved this. Been looking a longtime for an article like this one to get a ballpark fundamental story behind gold. I will be referencing this in my next piece on gold.

Thanks a bullion!
    Oct 10, 2012. 06:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • As The Fed Continues Printing Money, Sprinkle Gold And Silver On Your Portfolio [View article]
    Dollar is likely to stay resilient for a while, so I wouldn't expect too many more upward fireworks in gold or silver for a while. Will need to continue to remain patient....
    Oct 9, 2012. 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Do With Your Homebuilder Stocks Now [View article]
    Thanks for the breakdown. I have yet to review the KBH earnings conference call, but this helps to get me warmed up.
    Oct 7, 2012. 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Currency Setups To Start Q4 [View article]
    Could you clarify what those two have to do with the election?
    Oct 6, 2012. 09:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marvell: Deep Value Or Value Trap? [View article]
    Great stuff. Had all the info I've been looking for on MRVL in one place.
    Oct 5, 2012. 08:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment