Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • As The Fed Continues Printing Money, Sprinkle Gold And Silver On Your Portfolio [View article]
    Dollar is likely to stay resilient for a while, so I wouldn't expect too many more upward fireworks in gold or silver for a while. Will need to continue to remain patient....
    Oct 9, 2012. 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Do With Your Homebuilder Stocks Now [View article]
    Thanks for the breakdown. I have yet to review the KBH earnings conference call, but this helps to get me warmed up.
    Oct 7, 2012. 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Currency Setups To Start Q4 [View article]
    Could you clarify what those two have to do with the election?
    Oct 6, 2012. 09:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marvell: Deep Value Or Value Trap? [View article]
    Great stuff. Had all the info I've been looking for on MRVL in one place.
    Oct 5, 2012. 08:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Reserve Bank Of Australia Downgrades Economic Conditions, Eyes Lower Currency [View article]
    Thanks for the reminder. I don't even watch AUD/CAD so it hasn't been on my radar. I like this idea particularly because I believe the Canadian dollar is relatively less volatile than the euro, pound, U.S. dollar, etc...
    Oct 2, 2012. 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualys - Speculative Buyers Could Drive This Recent Offering Another 50% Higher [View article]
    Any idea how their products stack up against competitors? Major customers? Etc...
    Oct 1, 2012. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Currency Setups To Start Q4 [View article]
    I agree on commodities. I have written about my strategy on those in earlier posts. This era of money -printing combined with emerging demand growth is really going to make prices explode once again to the upside one day in the not-so-distant-future in my opinion.

The currency trades should definitely only occupy a small part of any portfolio. Requires a lot of attention to details and the machinations of specific govts and central banks.
    Oct 1, 2012. 02:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Guide For Day-To-Day Trading In Apple's Stock [View article]
    An update on this analysis for the last 5 weeks. Some interesting changes in performance and critical support emerging at $660...
    Sep 29, 2012. 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Solar's Latest Rally Is Losing Momentum [View article]
    So shares short increased very slightly (300K shares) the first two weeks of September. So a short squeeze has still not started on FSLR. Instead, rising prices seem to attract more shorts for now.
    Sep 27, 2012. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reserve Bank Of Australia Emphasizes Overall Resilience Of The Australian Economy [View article]
    Note I am "marginally bearish" now, meaning I do not bet aggressively against it, and I keep trades short-term. Even 3 months seems like an eternity!

Having said that, I will hazard to guess that the current downtrend stays intact but that the Aussie does not move too far away from parity in the next 3 months. 0.96 seems like a good point of support, but given QE3, it may not get that far.

So, keep an eye on the downtrend I pointed out above and parity and trade around those levels.

Also note that I am more bearish on the euro than the Aussie in that time span, so I might actually go long the Aussie against the euro to get the yield spread.
    Sep 26, 2012. 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Got it, thanks. I periodically keep an eye on the same kinds of trends, particularly with the % of stocks trading above their 40 and 200DMAs. (I call it myT2108 Update in my blog). A sell-off should indeed further strengthen the dollar.
    Sep 26, 2012. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the kudos.
    Sep 25, 2012. 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Priceline.com Breaks Out As Its Post-Earnings Recovery Continues [View article]
    My last piece on PCLN was not focused on charting. It was more about the business and the last two earnings cycles. I used charting as a guess on how far a post-earnings rally might run in the near-term. Notice that a chartist who was bullish PCLN would have bought and held PCLN given it held that critical support support line I showed above. A chartist new to PCLN might also buy now given the breakout.
    Sep 23, 2012. 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yelp.com: Follow The Momentum [View article]
    Yes. Hard to tell exactly what is going on. The best clue for now is the price action...and I suppose the next earnings call.
    Sep 21, 2012. 09:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of Japan Maintains The Global Printing Campaign [View article]
    Once again, the yen moves faster than I can get published! At the time of this comment, the yen has already reversed all its losses described in this piece! The USD has also strengthened further so the process I described above has already unfolded in a few hours while I thought it would take a day or two....
    Sep 19, 2012. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment