Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Yen Continues To Weaken As Prospects Dim [View article]
    Yes, currency strength contains its own cure as an export-dependent economy slowly but surely contracts out of a loss of competitiveness. However, money flows are not going to cure the demographics problem. Japan either needs to boost the childbirth rate and/or encourage more immigration.

The comparison to Greece is definitely not to say Japan is just like Greece or worse, it is to say that you never know when the market will obsess over extremes in debt loads....Japan has gotten a free pass for a very long time...
    Feb 27 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yen Continues To Weaken As Prospects Dim [View article]
    You mean you think USD/JPY will reach 100, right?
    Feb 25 06:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yen Continues To Weaken As Prospects Dim [View article]
    Woah. Gold bars might be better. :)
    Feb 25 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Solar Fun Is Done For Now [View article]
    This is partially what I am talking about. The money going long into solar seems to be focused on profiting from a short-term run. Gordon Johnson is a bear who turned bullish only to take advantage of the rally he correctly predicted following the collapse he rightly predicted. To say analysts like him "do not understand" is ignoring the actual history of his analysis.

For those with quick triggers, it is fine to focus on taking advantage of the short-term refreshed interest. My caution to the rest of folks remains. Know well that the money going into this rally is not committed money...

My current chart analysis on FSLR and SPWR: http://bit.ly/AAlVq2
    Feb 21 02:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Solar Fun Is Done For Now [View article]
    I am long a lot of solar stocks, so I guess I want to manipulate my portfolio lower.

To clarify, I am giving caution to people who will unwittingly chase solar stocks here just because they have rocketed so high so far this year....thinking that the rally indicates the sector is "safe" and in recovery mode now.
    Feb 21 02:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Solar Fun Is Done For Now [View article]
    I used ENER as a likely reflection of the sentiment behind this year's latest hot trading in solar stocks.
    Feb 21 02:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Solar Fun Is Done For Now [View article]
    Thanks for that reminder from FSLR's results. It is also true Asian FIT's are given little note. I will try to pay more attention myself.
    Feb 21 02:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Call Volume Surges Again On Lender Processing Services [View article]
    Correction - shorts were closing out positions until January. Will be interesting to see the next update...
    Feb 20 01:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Amazon.com Was A Buy At the Open After Reporting Earnings [View article]
    Checking in after 2 weeks and the trade worked quite well this round. I will write a summary soon.
    Feb 20 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Call Volume Surges Again On Lender Processing Services [View article]
    These issues are being resolved now, so I would advise being extremely cautious staying short this stock. Shorts are closing out positions according to the recent data, and the surge post-earnings is quite telling...on top of all the call buying that has occurred.
    Feb 20 01:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Microelectronics Squeezes Shorts And Pays Shareholders [View article]
    I always go to NASDAQ.com, believe it or not. For stocks I closely follow, I save the data since NASDAQ only reports about 18 months or so. My biggest gripe is the 2 week+ delay in getting the data. I have long wondered whether there is some fee-based service that is more timely.
    Feb 20 01:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Puts Remain An Attractive Short-Term Bearish Play [View article]
    The VXX shares are not part of this trade. Part of a completely different trade that is lasting longer than expected. I know the disclosure is confusing, but it is required. Thanks for the tip though. I think a call spread is the better move next time.
    Anyway, I expect volatility to drop sharply if the market doesn't correct this coming week. So, I *think* that would be good enough for VXX to fall to 22 or 23. That would be (close?) enough to pay for my put spread. I will certainly report the results after this is done.
    Feb 20 01:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Puts Remain An Attractive Short-Term Bearish Play [View article]
    One-to-one. Not entirely scientific, but I am assuming that if we don't get a pullback this coming week, volatility will make new lows or soon thereafter.
    Feb 19 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Microelectronics Squeezes Shorts And Pays Shareholders [View article]
    I *THINK* at the time of the special dividend, the put options will also get adjusted. So, I am not so sure about the profit/loss calculation on the options here. Don't quote me on that though.
    Feb 18 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Microelectronics Squeezes Shorts And Pays Shareholders [View article]
    Also note that short interest has significantly dropped since the original announcement. Down almost 33% now.
    Feb 18 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment