Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • This Gold Slam Is A Massive Wealth Transfer From Our Pockets To The Banks [View article]
    Great article. Glad I stumbled upon it. I always appreciate seeing the data behind the conspiracy!
    Apr 18, 2013. 01:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Forex Traders Need To Care About Gold's Collapse [View article]
    Great points!
    Apr 18, 2013. 01:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why A New Bottom For Gold Will Likely Prove Elusive For Now [View article]
    The idea (or the potential dynamic) is that forced selling produces lower than "normal" prices. The seller is willing to accept lower bids and buyers, knowing the seller's urgency, lowers their bids. Buyers also worry about the potential impact of other forced sellers and do not want to pay too high a price. But this dynamic also sets the stage for an eventual (and often quick) recovery given the price points are a reflection of a temporary distortion brought on by desperation. Sure, if the buyers are friendly treasuries in other countries, the prices may never get impacted, but I see no reason to believe that buyers taking gold from forced sellers will "play nice."
    Apr 16, 2013. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Forex Traders Need To Care About Gold's Collapse [View article]
    When you say "further pressure on major currencies" which major currencies are you talking about? I assume you mean the yen and dollar pressuring all the other majors?
    Apr 16, 2013. 01:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Latest China GDP Figures Set Up Next Buying Opportunity [View article]
    The story has been slowing global growth so we should see it in the numbers of the major multi-national companies. I know INTC is this week. They could be a good tell although PC sales in general are hurting in addition to global growth concerns.
    Apr 15, 2013. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Concentrated Way To Play Rapid Price Appreciation In The California Housing Market [View article]
    You're welcome. I only wish I had had seen the IPO when it first rolled out! Two more homebuilders going IPO now and I am guessing he premiums are going to go higher...
    Apr 10, 2013. 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Week Of Major Currency Shifts Flips Me Bullish Australian And British Currencies [View article]
    Thanks for the reminders. I have not followed the elections news in Australia. Given the "stealth rally" over the past few months, I just assumed it was a non-factor. But I do need to follow that more closely in case there are any particular policies that have the markets spooked a little.

I was thinking Carney would be a big dove for the pound and send the BoE along an even more accomodative stance. But right now the technicals favor the pound, and I am not inclined to fight that. After the first fade back to the 50DMA on GBP/USD of course. :)
    Apr 7, 2013. 08:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I for got to mention the Loonie because I have recently written a few pieces. I am inclined to be bearish as long as the economic numbers seem to be deteriorating. I am keeping a closer eye now though!

Otherwise, I would think the loonie would be another natural to benefit from carry trades.
    Apr 7, 2013. 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poor Canadian Employment Numbers Bring Real Estate Back In Focus [View article]
    Thanks for that extensive background on the market dynamics for Canadian oil! It sounds like bottom-line that China holds the cards on the demand side from a global perspective. I am still learning toward a breakout before a breakdown on USD/CAD mainly because it seems the relatively high value of the Canadian dollar has been hindering the Canadian economy for the last several years now. See an earlier piece I wrote about this: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 6, 2013. 03:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I have also read Canadians were/are major buyers of real estate in places like Palm Springs.
    Apr 6, 2013. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the recommendation. I continue to see claims that we are headed to an oil glut situation with Russians exploiting their shale oil and U.S. production on the rise. I don't think Canadians can rest easily on their oil for much longer...
    Apr 5, 2013. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Australian Dollar, British Pound And Siemens Emerge Stronger Post-Cyprus [View article]
    Will do! Interesting developments today. I am getting more and more bearish on the euro now. I hope to write some more on that soon.
    Mar 25, 2013. 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Projections in forex are always precarious and are more likely to change the further out you try to look. Instead of projection, I will give my sentiment:

EURGBP: bearish - stop out above .88 (recent highs). Take some profits at .82 (50-day moving average).

GBPCHF: Neutral to bullish. Likely redundant to EURGBP given EURCHF is likely to maintain the 1.20 floor. CHF should trade inversely to the euro for most pairs.

NZDCHF: Unfortunately, I do not follow NZD.

I hope that helps a little.
    Mar 25, 2013. 12:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyprus: Low Volatility And Risky Plans [View article]
    The British pound proved its mettle at least holding against the U.S. dollar. A LOT of forex-sensitive news this week between the Bank of England and the Federal Reserve. There are plenty of fireworks to come.
    Mar 19, 2013. 12:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyprus: Low Volatility And Risky Plans [View article]
    Thanks for that reference. I hope to spend some more time studying what happened in Ukraine.
    Mar 19, 2013. 12:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment