Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • KB Home Finally Approaches Buy Point Amidst Post-Earnings Selling Pressure [View article]
    My call for 2013 bottom is now over two years old. It was not part of the consensus. The last time I re-examined the data, betting on a 2013 bottom appears worth the on-going risks. Link provided in the first part of this piece.
    Apr 16 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Positioning More Bearishly Vs. The Australian Dollar As It Loses 2012′s Gains [View article]
    What kind of correlation is that? Is it a rolling correlation over some number of days...?
    Apr 16 04:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lender Processing Services: Free Cash Flow Machine, With Surmountable Legal Obstacles [View article]
    I hadn't heard about the exodus. Also hard for me to gauge the significance since I have never heard LPS call out the revenues from that specific business. I will keep an eye out though.
    Apr 10 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish Implications Of A Rare Convergence Of Extremes In Yen Vs. S&P 500 Correlations [View article]
    I will have to look into that some more. I assumed the current rally in the Nikkei is riding the coattails of the weakening yen. Toyota Motors has been particularly impressive. However, at least since 1993, the S&P 500 has been the FAR better place to invest in almost any time period over the Nikkei. The dominance actually surprised me.

(http://yhoo.it/IdkE56?s=^N225+Interactive#s...
    Apr 10 12:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Like A Bottom For TBT [View article]
    Big setback for TBT today. Right back into the previous consolidation range. The bottoming process is not violated, but today was not a good sign....
    Apr 9 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying Mortgage REITs On The Pullback [View article]
    I don't see Dynex Capital on your list. Any particular reason for that?
    Apr 8 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shorts Pile On Further After Skullcandy's CFO Resigns [View article]
    Thanks, Tom and Jim. I look forward to reviewing these articles!
    Apr 8 06:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reserve Bank Of Australia Seems Biased Toward More Monetary Easing [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Apr 3 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In A World Of Converging Incomes [View article]
    Those are some BIG ifs! But, yes, a positive sum result would be ideal. I suppose it is possible....
    Apr 2 09:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In A World Of Converging Incomes [View article]
    I would modify that slightly as #1 *should* reduce gaps, even if small by historic standards or in relative terms, between the upper classes and everyone else in emerging economies.
    Apr 2 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brace For More Surprises: Groupon Restates Earnings, Reveals Weakness In Financial Controls [View article]
    Thanks for that reminder! I don't know the answer to your questions, but in due time....
    Mar 31 12:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Research In Motion Officially Acknowledges Its Retrenchment [View article]
    The app ecosystem will definitely be a key wildcard.
    Mar 30 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Big Mystery Buyer In Q1 2012 [View article]
    Thanks for crunching these numbers! I have suspected for a while that options action was propelling Apple higher, and you seem to have confirmed it.
    Mar 29 04:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Solar And 4 Other Stocks For $4 Gasoline [View article]
    Note that solar does not compete with oil. Most electricity throughout the world is generated by coal, natural gas, nuclear, and hydro, especially in the U.S. Oil's small contribution has been falling for decades. For more see: http://bit.ly/HeP0Vm
    Mar 27 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bernanke Describes A Critical Juncture Where Economic Prospects Pivot On Long-Term Unemployment [View article]
    Will you produce what will not be consumed? I agree with GH that the economy-jobs equation is a 2-way street and does not lend itself to easy parsing. I regret that this title implies that I believe in a one-way street. It more references the focus of this particular speech. If one force figures out the long-term unemployment problem in of itself, say, businesses start forecasting better days ahead and hire in advance of those better prospects (like investing in one's business), I will definitely put money on an imminent economic improvement as those wages get spent in the economy. If someone comes up with the "next big thing" that generates the next economic wave, I will definitely put money on an eventual improvement long-term unemployment. I do not require one side of the equation to get better first.

I think trying to definitively answer the 2-way street requires aligning oneself in one of the typical ideological camps (like Keynes vs Hayek, supply-side vs demand-side, etc...), and I am purposely staying out of that endless circle.
    Mar 27 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment