Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Happened to Ener1? [View article]
    Looks like a total disaster to me. I haven't even had the "energy" to do another complete review to see whether there is some hope somewhere!
    Oct 29 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CEO Hastings Wins Big As Netflix Continues Erasing Its Multi-Year Rally [View article]
    I hear ya.
    Oct 27 08:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Warnings Season Begins [View article]
    Trina Solar is actually my favorite PV play. I am long. I still think a warning from FSLR will be treated as much bigger news than one from TSL.
    Oct 21 05:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling Puts On Walter Energy - Part II [View article]
    I still like the trade. In your initial set-up, you mentioned not minding owning the shares at the low stock price implied by the premium you got for the puts. I think that was a solid reason for selling puts rather than owning out-of-the-money calls. You could have been wrong if the stock just stayed flat and wouldn't have the benefit of selling that premium and/or owning the shares at a discount.
    Oct 15 11:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling Puts On Walter Energy - Part II [View article]
    Great stuff. Congrats. I liked this trade from the beginning. I wish I could have joined you. You know me by now - I would be locking in these profits here. Pretty amazing take in such a short time. Speaking of which, I sold my latest round in a CNX call today.
    Oct 12 07:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Review Of The Commodities Crash Playbook As Another Phase Of Selling Ends [View article]
    I am not exploiting the world's resources, I am buying stocks at bargains when the market offers them. Any overall net profits I make executing this strategy will not be quick and will be far from easy.

For those in poverty in democratic countries, I urge them all to register to vote and then vote in every election they can for candidates who will support their interests. When that fails, or even if it succeeds, participate in supportive organizations and institutions. This is what I do. Hopefully for those unfortunate enough to live in undemocratic countries, there exist strong enough non-governmental institutions to carry the weight.

Read Grantham's piece that I referenced. The finite availability of resources has nothing to do with the economic conditions in various countries while the duration of the existence of resources does. The most populous and richest countries will pressure the rest of the globe's bulging populations. When that time comes, we can only hope the richer nations are prepared to help. However, I share Grantham's fears that such charity will fail to materialize...especially given current trends, especially in the U.S.
    Oct 11 01:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I rarely ever make such predictions. Not my specialty! I know MCP much better than Lynas. If forced to guess, I would tag MCP at least at $90 by end of 2012...barring another major recession.
    Oct 11 01:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Compelling Buys In the Coal Space [View article]
    Great piece. Always good to get a reminder of the case for non-Armageddon. I am angling to get back into CNX on this latest dip. Not sure yet whether I am going to buy any more ANR.
    Sep 30 11:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying Opportunity Brewing For Gold, Silver As U.S. Dollar Picks Up Steam [View article]
    Thanks, Orphuesrog. Buying in reasonable amounts on the dips makes a lot of sense to me given me can't know for sure where any "true bottom" lies or how high the ultimate potential...
    Sep 27 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Agreed.
    Sep 27 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not advising anyone sell the house and plant in silver and gold. But these dips have to be bought. We don't know the future for certainty, so buy a little. If we get the hyper-deflation you predict, I will be buying gold and silver by the truckloads since I will hazard to guess that following an extreme deflation will be a rapid reflation...
    Sep 27 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the additional input, and the reminder on silver's regular volatility. I am already long silver (see disclosure), so I was just trying to come up with general guidance for anyone looking to get in at these bargain levels.
    Sep 27 05:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Is Ignoring These Insider Buys, But You Should Not [View article]
    Thanks. :)
    Sep 27 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Solar Executives Try Again To Signal A Bottom For Company Shares [View article]
    Thanks for the heads up. This kind of investment definitely makes sense for preparing for the future while at the same time support economic growth now.
    Sep 25 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pairs Trade: Cisco Systems Is Catching Up To Juniper Networks [View article]
    Good point. Money in the hand....
    Sep 20 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment