Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Call Volume Surges Again On Lender Processing Services [View article]
    These issues are being resolved now, so I would advise being extremely cautious staying short this stock. Shorts are closing out positions according to the recent data, and the surge post-earnings is quite telling...on top of all the call buying that has occurred.
    Feb 20 01:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Microelectronics Squeezes Shorts And Pays Shareholders [View article]
    I always go to NASDAQ.com, believe it or not. For stocks I closely follow, I save the data since NASDAQ only reports about 18 months or so. My biggest gripe is the 2 week+ delay in getting the data. I have long wondered whether there is some fee-based service that is more timely.
    Feb 20 01:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Puts Remain An Attractive Short-Term Bearish Play [View article]
    The VXX shares are not part of this trade. Part of a completely different trade that is lasting longer than expected. I know the disclosure is confusing, but it is required. Thanks for the tip though. I think a call spread is the better move next time.
    Anyway, I expect volatility to drop sharply if the market doesn't correct this coming week. So, I *think* that would be good enough for VXX to fall to 22 or 23. That would be (close?) enough to pay for my put spread. I will certainly report the results after this is done.
    Feb 20 01:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Puts Remain An Attractive Short-Term Bearish Play [View article]
    One-to-one. Not entirely scientific, but I am assuming that if we don't get a pullback this coming week, volatility will make new lows or soon thereafter.
    Feb 19 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Microelectronics Squeezes Shorts And Pays Shareholders [View article]
    I *THINK* at the time of the special dividend, the put options will also get adjusted. So, I am not so sure about the profit/loss calculation on the options here. Don't quote me on that though.
    Feb 18 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Microelectronics Squeezes Shorts And Pays Shareholders [View article]
    Also note that short interest has significantly dropped since the original announcement. Down almost 33% now.
    Feb 18 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Microelectronics Squeezes Shorts And Pays Shareholders [View article]
    I think that is correct. The opportunity mentioned by Digiweb was a fleeting one, perhaps there because the market did not yet fully accept the dividend would happen. Now, it is official. All prices have adjusted. Going forward, investors still have the buyback to look forward to. I never did get into this one because I was hoping for a dip in the stock due to general market weakness. The opportunity never came, so now I will just wait post-dividend to reassess.
    Feb 18 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Surge In Volatility Makes Google Puts An Attractive Short-Term Bearish Play [View article]
    Update on this trade: VXX collapsed on Monday and I took my profits on the puts at that time. They were not enough to pay for the entire GOOG put spread, but I thought it was prudent given the large move. VXX recovered for most of the week. However, GOOG stubbornly stayed aloft until a BRIEF crack below $600 on Thursday. I decided to hold but to no avail. I reloaded for next week, including more VXX puts. I will take this one week at a time! (More details to come in a future post).
    Feb 17 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of Japan Fights Off The Federal Reserve As The Yen Weakens Again [View article]
    I think this process could be slow, so I would not want to invest/trade in anything that decays too rapidly. Don't forget that there still may be moments of macroshocks where investors and traders run to the yen just out of sheer habit and training. Those of course will be great times to buy the U.S. dollar against the yen and/or to jump into YCS for a quick trade. But, overall, a regular short against FXY is my best suggestion if you are looking to trade equity equivalents.

Thanks for pointing out those two. Next time, I will need to include charts. YCS is printing an impressive breakout from a base.
    Feb 17 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Definitely will be interesting. It will also likely take some time given the projections are so far out. But I do think it is yet one more factor suggesting the general "bias" going forward will be for yen weakness, especially against the $USD...to much relief to the Japanese for now.
    Feb 17 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AUD/USD Carry Trade With a Hedge of USD/CAD [View article]
    I wouldn't go short the Aussie dollar. If you want to go long the U.S. dollar, go long against the pound. You will greatly reduce your downside risk.
    I have written several pieces on the Australian dollar. Check out my list of articles on my profile. (SA does not allow links on comments unless they are from the author).
    Feb 16 02:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Microelectronics Squeezes Shorts And Pays Shareholders [View article]
    Thanks for the additional commentary everyone. I will have to think on this one a bit more for a decent play going forward. Since I wrote this piece, the stock has floated along nicely to $53 but is suffering its worst one-day loss in a while right now on heavy volume.
    Feb 15 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whirlpool Still Has Upside, But Is Better Bought On Dips [View article]
    Thanks.
    Caution makes plenty of sense. Especially after such a tremendous run-up despite significant headwinds.
    Feb 15 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whirlpool: Pick Up This 4% Yielder Before The Housing Market Bottoms [View article]
    Enjoying looking back on this article with hindsight. Not just a good call, but a good investing/trading principle.
    Feb 11 06:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Robert Reich Over-Reaches By Blaming Investing, Shopping For Income Inequality [View article]
    Thanks for the comments everyone!
    Feb 8 05:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment